Global warming +cows

The estimates I've seen put Bison numbers at about 100 million worldwide at their peak.  There are 1.4 billion head of cattle today.

868217[/snapback]

Plus, cows today get low-dose antibiotics on a regular basis, which alters intestinal flora and increases gas production. Bison never produced the per capita bovine flatulence that modern beef and dairy cows do today.

Though to be perfectly honest, I'm making that up. I just wanted to avail myself of the opportunity to use the phrase "per capita bovine flatulence". :lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And at least I make it sound plausible. 

Admit it...if I hadn't admitted to pulling that out of my ass, you'd have said "Yeah, that actually makes sense" and believed it.  :lol:

868250[/snapback]

It was good up until the term "intestinal flora". What the hell is a digestive plant?

The estimates I've seen put Bison numbers at about 100 million worldwide at their peak.  There are 1.4 billion head of cattle today.

This whole debate echoes back at least to the Reagan administration, when he ridiculed efforts to limit aresols because of the growing Antartic ozone hole,  citing studies that cows were the largest producers of methane.

The US economy has never been the same since we banned hair spray.

868217[/snapback]

Considering the hole in the ozone layer was undetectable prior to the mid-'80's, do you have a reason for us to believe it didn't exist prior to the ability to detect it?

Considering the hole in the ozone layer was undetectable prior to the mid-'80's, do you have a reason for us to believe it didn't exist prior to the ability to detect it?

868311[/snapback]

Plus, blaming hair spray for a big hole over ANTARTICA is really pretty dumb. Hardly any people live there. Even less than Canada I think. How much hair spray can they use? Maybe penguin farts caused the hole.

868311[/snapback]

My recollection is that once they started observing it, they noticed it was growing and that the rate was accelerating. That was the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you would have to be a fool to not understand that irresponsible industrial countries are the worst thing for nature. With that said, and I hope I am 100% wrong on this, is that I have a theory our Sun maybe dying. Not to keep you up all night thinking about it.

http://filer.case.edu/sjr16/stars_main.html

My local newspaper chose to not to publish the UN study, that bovines have more effect on climate than our automobiles or powerplants. Did yours?

Feeling manipulated, my Kool-Aid bow-to-the-popular buzz-left-wing-mantra drinkers? ... think school teachers at any level will modify their brainwashing of kids? :lol:

An "Inconvenient Truth", Mr Gore...? :rolleyes:

http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/article2062484.ece

I haven't seen Al Gore's movie, but my guess is, it tells a part of the truth. Global warming is a fact- and I'd think we'd all agree on that. But, we can only do so much to slow it. The Kyotee traty did not help, but it looks as if somewhat of a solution has been found.

I read somewhere about the ability to convert the excess heat into non-carbon producing electricity.....now that stuff is way over my head, but it sounds like a step in the right direction!