Major Victory for Bush

blzrul

The Aussie PM is all but assured his fourth term with about 60% of the votes counted, giving as some would say a referendum on his support for the invasion of Iraq.

His opponent would have pulled all Aussies out by Christmas.

Thank God Howard won. What we would do without those 900 non-combat Aussies makes me shudder to think.

<_<

The Aussie PM is all but assured his fourth term with about 60% of the votes counted, giving as some would say a referendum on his support for the invasion of Iraq.

His opponent would have pulled all Aussies out by Christmas.

Thank God Howard won.  What we would do without those 900 non-combat Aussies makes me shudder to think.

<_<

62848[/snapback]

Yeah, that's the attitude that helps build coalitions.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? If his opponent said he'd have the troops out by Christmas, and he didn't get elected...sounds like the Aussies understand what we're doing better than a talking point liberal!

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? If his opponent said he'd have the troops out by Christmas, and he didn't get elected...sounds like the Aussies understand what we're doing better than a talking point liberal!

62851[/snapback]

They don't speak French, so it's not a coalition.

62851[/snapback]

Assuming that the question of what to do about 900 people in Iraq was THE major campaign point. In America, although the debates have focused on Iraq, many polls consistently point to the economy being the top issue, with Iraq second or sometimes third. And we have a MUCH higher stake than the Aussies.

Tellya what, why don't we pull out all but 900 people and see how much of a campaign issue it is anymore.

Duh.

62851[/snapback]

Nope, all the indications are that Iraq is way down the list of Australian voters concerns. It just is not a factor.

Assuming that the question of what to do about 900 people in Iraq was THE major campaign point.  In America, although the debates have focused on Iraq, many polls consistently point to the economy being the top issue, with Iraq second or sometimes third.  And we have a MUCH higher stake than the Aussies.

Tellya what, why don't we pull out all but 900 people and see how much of a campaign issue it is anymore.

Duh.

62914[/snapback]

Get your excuses ready for November :D

Nope, all the indications are that Iraq is way down the list of Australian voters concerns. It just is not a factor.

63101[/snapback]

I know. I keep forgetting conservatives take everything literally and don't understand sarcasm. Come to think of it "understanding" isn't a quality many of them seem to have these days. It's too threatening and frighting to them. Poor things.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear or read some dumbass neocon crowing about the victory validating Bush's unilateral, illegal invasion of a foreign nation. I wouldn't even be surprised to hear Bush bring it up at the next debate.

Assuming that the question of what to do about 900 people in Iraq was THE major campaign point.  In America, although the debates have focused on Iraq, many polls consistently point to the economy being the top issue, with Iraq second or sometimes third.  And we have a MUCH higher stake than the Aussies.

Duh.

62914[/snapback]

No polls point to the economy being the top issue, unless its one you conducted, sit back on your couch and have a bon bon and watch the news channel you agree the most with .What good is the ecomony fi your dead? :D