The Big Shake Up

Frez

As I said a couple of weeks ago (within my very first post)....this line, if it stays healthy, is young enough, talented enough and athletic enough to be one of the best lines in Buffalo history. Right it down. Even the likes of Wolford, Fina, Ballard, Hull did NOT have the athletic upside these youngsters do.

The line needs depth! The line needs time! The very same can be said about our defensive line. Depth and time!

Great win! Great team effort! Great coaching! If only we would have kept Bledsoe, we probably could've won 38-13...oh well!

As I said a couple of weeks ago (within my very first post)....this line, if it stays healthy, is young enough, talented enough and athletic enough to be one of the best lines in Buffalo history.  Right it down.  Even the likes of Wolford, Fina, Ballard, Hull did NOT have the athletic upside these youngsters do.

I disagree. The Bills need a Kent Hull type of center to be a great O-line, not to mention someone to replace Gandy who will likely be gone (and isn't that great to begin with, although he's better than what the Bills have had there the past few years). I think Preston and Pennington have upside, but they need to show it the last few games of the season.

Fowler is the best since Hull. Those guys don't come along very often, and I can live with our current situation at C if we upgrade at least one of the guard positions. Pennington is still too inexpirienced to say for sure and Preston is very replacable as a starter but has value as depth. I for one hope we try and continue the improvement of this unit and make it a true strength. See below to see how it's done. :angry:0:)

Fowler is the best since Hull. Those guys don't come along very often, and I can live with our current situation at C if we upgrade at least one of the guard positions. Pennington is still too inexpirienced to say for sure and Preston is very replacable as a starter but has value as depth. I for one hope we try and continue the improvement of this unit and make it a true strength. See below to see how it's done. :angry:  :beer:

Fowler is signed through 2008. I wouldn't cut him by any stretch. I'm just looking for what's been missing since Hull, which is a dominating center. I was hoping for LeCharles Bentley and in retrospect, Mangold over McCargo would have been great. 0:)

we still need lots of help on both sides of the line....we ran the ball great today, but we need to be able to do that every week and dictate the game......free agents and early in the draft should be focused on adding more talent and mobility to both guard positions and RT......

Mangold is probably going to be a great center, but being that I was very high on McCargo pre draft I'm more then willing to wait to see how he does next season.  It's still far too early to label this as a mistake.

I'm not calling it a mistake. Just that Mangold at center would have solidified things right from the start and given the Bills a great center, whereas finding one now is going to be hard. There are no great ones available in FA and the draft seems pretty weak.

Mangold is probably going to be a great center, but being that I was very high on McCargo pre draft I'm more then willing to wait to see how he does next season.  It's still far too early to label this as a mistake.

862363[/snapback]

I agree. I know he didn't show much in training camp but I thought he was starting to get it in his last two games before the injury.

Still wouldn't mind picking up another interior d-lineman in the off-season, however. The more depth, the better.

I'm not calling it a mistake.  Just that Mangold at center would have solidified things right from the start and given the Bills a great center, whereas finding one now is going to be hard.  There are no great ones available in FA and the draft seems pretty weak.

862375[/snapback]

A great line does not need great players as much as great chemistry. :thumbsup:

I disagree.  The Bills need a Kent Hull type of center to be a great O-line, not to mention someone to replace Gandy who will likely be gone (and isn't that great to begin with, although he's better than what the Bills have had there the past few years).  I think Preston and Pennington have upside, but they need to show it the last few games of the season.

862336[/snapback]

The Bills are probably never going to have another Kent Hull. I think Fowler is doing a fine job. Is he great? No. But he is doing OK. I agree with you about Preston and Pennington.