On the 8th day of X-mas, my true love gave to me

Ramius

I'd rather have a playoff team full of convicts rather than a 5-7 team full of real nice guys

861143[/snapback]

Yeah, integrity, self-restraint, and morality are overrated. What REALLY matters is getting to the playoffs!

Yeah dude obviously it's not to be taken lightly and isn't serious, but I was trying to say, keep in mind I could care less about the Bengals, but I just don't get the whole media trying to make them out to be this large group of wild thugs, think of how many people do the same thing everyday and they aren't put up on the bottom of a screen, would you want that? It's absurd. I was just saying im sick of constantly hearing about every stupid thing a Bengals player does and having everybody act like their locker room is like a giant room filled with illegal gambling, prostitutes, gun running,and the occasional 16 year old girl stopping over before 50 cops had to break in and tazer half the team. When the reality is they've been playing their best football of the year, doing their job well, and just getting negative pub, and I'd take a winning team with players like that than a losing team with real nice guys. No dead bodies bro, relax

861342[/snapback]

The NFL has many thugs and these guys often get nothing more than a slap on the wrist when they break the law. They should be held to a higher standard and more of them should be banned from football when they have repeat offenses. Banned. In many professions that is what happens. You get fired and it becomes very difficult to regain employment once you have a criminal record. I don't have the numbers, but I would wager that the crime rate among NFL players is higher than that of society as a whole. That's ridiculous for guys who are so highly compensated.