Better Rethink that Trip to Somalia, Folks!

Moose

A lot of people said that about the Japanese after WW2. They may be the exception (and granted it's not as though under the Emperor it was an entirely totalitarian regieme as we know it) but there was an underlying somewhat racist sentiment that those sandle wearing goldfish tenders wouldn't be able to handle democracy.

860354[/snapback]

They don't truly have it now.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty close to the same thing as raising a teenager.  The more you blather at them not to do something, the more likely they are to do it.

860341[/snapback]

But the other edge of that sword is that the more you ignore/appease truly unacceptable behavior, the more likely it is to continue and to get worse. I see it every day in the middle school where I work. Students who are routinely disrespectful, and whose parents do nothing to acknowledge or correct that behavior, become increasingly disrespectful. They also get a significant amount of support from their peers to escalate.

But the other edge of that sword is that the more you ignore/appease truly unacceptable behavior, the more likely it is to continue and to get worse. I see it every day in the middle school where I work. Students who are routinely disrespectful, and whose parents do nothing to acknowledge or correct that behavior, become increasingly disrespectful. They also get a significant amount of support from their peers to escalate.

860382[/snapback]

I don't disagree with that, either. That's pretty much a function of the power changing hands from the Elders because of the fervor surrounding "child abuse." There's a correlation there too. I'm sure you're smart enough to find it.

It's great to see that the lessons of political correctness, multiculturalism and moral equivalence have taken hold of some of you.

Why is it that whenever one cites a CURRENT DAY atrocity in the name of islam, apologists come out of the woodwork to dredge up the evils committed in the name of other religions (especially the most evil of them all - Christianity!) that occurred over a millennium ago? Are you all channeling chicot now? (BTW, the article is not about "conversion", it's about BEHEADING people - muslims in particular - who get lax in their devotion!)

In the eyes of the Left, no matter what horrors are committed by muslims, they can be excused because the imperialist West and Christianity are always, always more intrinsically evil. How will islam ever experience any kind of reformation when its worst practices are glossed over and dismissed as a "cultural thing" and no collective pressure or condemnation from the rest of the world is exerted to shag their asses out of a 7th century mentality? Make no mistake: stoning, beheading, and burning people alive are not quaint little cultural quirks akin to the Amish use of horse and buggy, folks!

860199[/snapback]

The Left, eh? Much better to be on the Right which has totally abandoned traditional American pragmatism marching lock step to the tune of "We will not Appease" with the grand !@#$ing idea that we can reform the "culture thing" by chewing up said culture and shitting democracy.

Folly.

The Left, eh? Much better to be on the Right which has totally abandoned traditional American pragmatism marching lock step to the tune of "We will not Appease" with the grand !@#$ing idea that we can reform the "culture thing" by chewing up said culture and shitting democracy.

Folly.

860525[/snapback]

Appeasement doesn't work. Reacdyour history books.

Remember Chamberlin.

Appeasement doesn't work. Reacdyour history books.

Remember Chamberlin.

860571[/snapback]

:wallbash: Thanks Wacka. To appease don't you first have to make concessions? Exactly what concessions has anybody proposed to anyone. What demands has anyone suggested meeting?

Perhaps by appeasement you mean some program of weakness and meeting conditions of an enemy in lieu of military action. What conditions are we talking about that would equal appeasement?

If you tell me what the hell Appeasement means in this modern context I will swear to Jesus that I will never forget Nevil Chamberlain.

Thanks for the standard Righty response.  Just what this thread was missing.

860584[/snapback]

Giving those murders anything is appeasement.

That includes the PLO and Hamas as well as Al-Quieda.

Different branches of the same offspring of Nazism.

They hate Jews and want to rule the world. They just kill their enemies right away instead of putting them in death camps first.

We eventually will have to take care of them as we did the Nazis in WW II.