I wouldn't mind seeing Andy...

USMCBillsFan

the spankees better do something big cause they have a couple hungry teams ready to give them a run for their title. The Sox made a couple big moves yesterday and the Jays are getting a little more aggressive (Another Big bat to solve their DH problem, could possibly have one of the best starting pitching lineups if they resign Lilly and get Meche)

the spankees better do something big cause they have a couple hungry teams ready to give them a run for their title. The Sox made a couple big moves yesterday and the Jays are getting a little more aggressive  (Another Big bat to solve their DH problem, could possibly have one of the best starting pitching lineups if they resign Lilly and get Meche)

858515[/snapback]

Well if the Yankees get Andy back their starting rotation won't exactly be anything to scoff at. Especially if RJ can come back healthy. Wang, Mussina, Pettitte, Johnson and possibly Pavano. Plus we signed that Japanese guy, can't remember his name that's supposed to be pretty damn good too. I'm not worried. We still have the most potent offensive lineup for anybody to deal with. :doh:

Well if the Yankees get Andy back their starting rotation won't exactly be anything to scoff at. Especially if RJ can come back healthy. Wang, Mussina, Pettitte, Johnson and possibly Pavano. Plus we signed that Japanese guy, can't remember his name that's supposed to be pretty damn good too. I'm not worried. We still have the most potent offensive lineup for anybody to deal with.  :doh:

858546[/snapback]

Well, if your starting lineup can get a time machine and go back to when they were all-stars, that would be a fearsome lineup, and you haven't signed that japanese guy yet, you just payed a whole lot of cash to talk to him about a contract (although its not as much as the sox payed to talk to the other guy.

The AL East is getting more competittive, especially since the Orioles were supposed to have gotten a huge increase in their budget for the next season (too bad they haven't touched it yet) The only team left out is the Devil Rays, who along with their othere florida partners, are the major leagues farm team.

Personnally I can't wait to see a healthy stariting rotation with Doc Hallady, AJ Burnett, Gustavo Chacin, Ted Lilly, and Gil Meche. Add in closer BJ Ryan and thats not a easy pitching staff to face.

The only move so far that could work out great or could bite them in the @ss is bringing in "The Big Hurt" Frank Thomas. As long as he can stay healthy at DH and repeat last seasons success, thats going to be a dangerous lineup to face with Glaus, Wells, Thomas in the heart of it.