Fine season for Rutgers

stuckincincy

Yer team did well this year, Ed! Hats off to them, they were a good story all season long.

I thought WVW should been called for that late fumble... :(

854700[/snapback]

I'll second that. Tough loss. And they aren't going to the Sun Bowl, after all ? I woulda' made time to see that one.

Yer team did well this year, Ed! Hats off to them, they were a good story all season long.

I thought WVW should been called for that late fumble... :D

854700[/snapback]

They are young, and have a lot of returning starters.

Teel showed me a lot last night; at least enough to think he has the chance to be something special.

How did your team finish?  :beer:  :D

856266[/snapback]

You made it to what, the Texas Bowl? against Kansas state? that right there tells you how good the rest of the country thinks rutgers.

Texas bowl. against K-State. 'nuff said.

You made it to what, the Texas Bowl? against Kansas state? that right there tells you how good the rest of the country thinks rutgers.

Texas bowl. against K-State. 'nuff said.

856524[/snapback]

The country? Do you think the country voted, you numbnuts? It has to do with bowl tie ins. But thanks for playing!

I think the smiley Rutgers is using after they saw which Bowl they got is  :D

856215[/snapback]

They can't be that mad. Losing to a team who's QB only threw 18 passes all year (none of them in a meaningful situation) with a BCS berth on the line proves that Rutgers is the third-best team in the conference.

They can't be that mad.  Losing to a team who's QB only threw 18 passes all year (none of them in a meaningful situation) with a BCS berth on the line proves that Rutgers is the third-best team in the conference.

856604[/snapback]

Is that just like how USC choked against the fourth Pac-10 team when the national championship was on the line? :beer:

A UCLA team, might add, who has not beat a ranked team. :D

Is that just like how USC choked against the fourth Pac-10 team when the national championship was on the line?  :beer:

A UCLA team,  might add, who has not beat a ranked team.  :D

856611[/snapback]

Texas bowl. against Kansas state. woohoo! go texas bowl! we're rutgers and we're so good, we play in the texas bowl!

Does the payout in that bowl come in the form of free BBQ for the winning team? If so, i hope K-state likes BBQ.

Texas bowl. against Kansas state. woohoo! go texas bowl! we're rutgers and we're so good, we play in the texas bowl!

Does the payout in that bowl come in the form of free BBQ for the winning team? If so, i hope K-state likes BBQ.

856628[/snapback]

:D:beer:

The Emerald Bowl in San Francisco!?!?!?! Are you and Puhonix renting a little room out there together for the big game?!?!?!

Is that just like how USC choked against the fourth Pac-10 team when the national championship was on the line?  :beer:

A UCLA team,  might add, who has not beat a ranked team.  :D

856611[/snapback]

Yes, UCLA was 4th in the PAC-10. Don't discount the rivalry factor, though. You can't even begin to comprehend how big that game is, especially for the Bruins (since USC has the ND rivalry as well.) I was extremely nervous about the game Sat morning, because USC had won 7 straight vs. UCLA. Maybe if Seton Hall had a football team you would know something about rivalries...but rarely does one team run off a buch in a row like that. USC was due for a loss.

Your continued badgering of other teams (i.e. Penn State) when attempting to convince everyone that Rutgers actually matters is growing tiresome. Did USC 'choke' with a title berth on the line? Sure you could say that. At least their offense certainly did. But they won their conference and are going to their 5th straight BCS bowl. Playing in the Rose Bowl after the losses they sustained (12 players from the '05 team were drafted into the NFL) is what I would call a successful season.

I'm not sure why Penn State's 4 losses or USC's loss to UCLA would make you feel better about your garbage team failing to get off the bus in Cincy, or losing to a backup QB in Morgantown.

Yes, UCLA was 4th in the PAC-10.  Don't discount the rivalry factor, though.  You can't even begin to comprehend how big that game is, especially for the Bruins (since USC has the ND rivalry as well.)  I was extremely nervous about the game Sat morning, because USC had won 7 straight vs. UCLA.  Maybe if Seton Hall had a football team you would know something about rivalries...but rarely does one team run off a buch in a row like that.  USC was due for a loss.

Your continued badgering of other teams (i.e. Penn State) when attempting to convince everyone that Rutgers actually matters is growing tiresome.  Did USC 'choke' with a title berth on the line?  Sure you could say that.  At least their offense certainly did.  But they won their conference and are going to their 5th straight BCS bowl.  Playing in the Rose Bowl after the losses they sustained (12 players from the '05 team were drafted into the NFL) is what I would call a successful season.

I'm not sure why Penn State's 4 losses or USC's loss to UCLA would make you feel better about your garbage team failing to get off the bus in Cincy, or losing to a backup QB in Morgantown.

856636[/snapback]

Wahhhhhhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I'm sure Rambo will be over to wipe up your tears. The funny thing is, is that you accused Rutgers of choking before I even did of USC. I almost heard the gurgling sound clear across the country.

Wahhhhhhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I'm sure Rambo will be over to wipe up your tears. The funny thing is, is that you accused Rutgers of choking before I even did of USC. I almost heard the gurgling sound clear across the country.

856641[/snapback]

I didn't accuse them of choking. I just said they shouldn't be upset with the bowl game they go to, and they are the third-best team in a bad conference. A chance to play in a BCS bowl, and their incredible, lightning-fast defense gives up 42 points? Against a backup QB who didn't complete 50% of his passes? Sweet.

USC had their chance and blew it. I'm not crying about it.

Please let me know when Rutgers gets to the point that playing Michigan in the Rose Bowl is a letdown.

:D  :beer:

The Emerald Bowl in San Francisco!?!?!?! Are you and Puhonix renting a little room out there together for the big game?!?!?!

856635[/snapback]

Nah, we'll be watching replays of FSU's 2 national titles, or discussing how we are one of 3 teams to reach 3 BCS title games.

Tell you what tho, if you want to join us, bring your rutgers national championship tapes down and we'll watch those too.

Yes, I'll bring them over. When does your NAMBLA meeting end?

856812[/snapback]

Me and all of the other Marlon Brando look-alikes end our meetings at 8.

Perhaps you should stick with bringing over a tape of rutgers last bowl game...oh wait, did VCR's even exist the last time rutgers played in a bowl?

Perhaps you should stick with bringing over a tape of rutgers last bowl game...oh wait, did VCR's even exist the last time rutgers played in a bowl?

856817[/snapback]

Last year? They did exist, but they were replaced by a new technology called "DVD."

Oh noes, TEH SPELLING COPZ ARE HERE.  LOOK OUATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

(PS Ed - Spelling doesn't have anything to do with Rutgers either)

856934[/snapback]

If you're going to insult someone BF, you should at least spell it correctly. :blush:

Last year? They did exist, but they were replaced by a new technology called "DVD."

856819[/snapback]

I'm sorry. I accidentally lumped the 2005 scarlett knights with the previous 13 years' teams that werent even bowl eligible, and the previous 27 years where rutgers didnt go to a bowl.

But i'll give rutgers some credit. they do have a long storied bowl game history...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news...ght_164_history

Rutgers Bowl History:

1978  Garden State  Arizona State 34, Rutgers 18

2005  Insight Bowl  Arizona State 45, Rutgers 40

Perhaps your team should actually WIN a bowl game before you continue to run your mouth.

Works with IE...strange that Firefox would kill it.

857552[/snapback]

I put it into IE and it did work.

I could only guess Firefox killed it because possibly it is the dumbest thing on the internet, and FF was trying to spare some people...

You'll have to excuse Ed, he went to Rutgers. He has no concept of what a rivalry game is. You see, in order to have a rivalry game your team has to occassionally win a game they aren't supposed to against a superior ranked opponent, rather than get waxed year after year after year.

I'm sure that traditional football power Louisville considers Rutgers a rival now. They're probably going to bring Scooter McCray, Darryl Griffith, and Lancaster Gordon back to fire up the troops for next season's "big game".

You'll have to excuse Ed, he went to Rutgers.  He has no concept of what a rivalry game is.  You see, in order to have a rivalry game your team has to occassionally win a game they aren't supposed to against a superior ranked opponent, rather than get waxed year after year after year.

I'm sure that traditional football power Louisville considers Rutgers a rival now.  They're probably going to bring Scooter McCray, Darryl Griffith, and Lancaster Gordon back to fire up the troops for next season's "big game".

858204[/snapback]

Oh Mr. @#$#*...It's so cute how you follow me everywhere... :doh:

I'm just curious as to what college you went to.

Oh Mr. @#$#*...It's so cute how you follow me everywhere... :)

858439[/snapback]

FFS, this is a message board. It is not like he's following you home. When you click on a thread to read it, and AD pretty much reads every thread there is from what I can tell, then he's going to be "following you everywhere".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.