McNabb might miss 07

Chilly

I visit the Eagles forum every so often to keep tabs on the Eagles and all things Philly, and it's pretty funny just how ready and eager they are to throw some members (coaches and players) of their team under the bus. They make the people on here look damn near patient! :bag:

I visit the Eagles forum every so often to keep tabs on the Eagles and all things Philly, and it's pretty funny just how ready and eager they are to throw some members (coaches and players) of their team under the bus. They make the people on here look damn near patient!  :bag:

851211[/snapback]

I do think that McNabb getting injured kept Andy Reid's job for another year...His playcalling is horrible, and with a team that has that much talent on it, there is no way they should be a .500 team.

I do think that McNabb getting injured kept Andy Reid's job for another year...His playcalling is horrible, and with a team that has that much talent on it, there is no way they should be a .500 team.

851218[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree....and it looks like they're really pissed off at how Bunkley and Justice have done next to nothing so far. I like going to that site cause it reminds me of when I used to listen to Philly radio....always made for some entertaining listening :bag:

Yeah, I agree....and it looks like they're really pissed off at how Bunkley and Justice have done next to nothing so far. I like going to that site cause it reminds me of when I used to listen to Philly radio....always made for some entertaining listening :bag:

851225[/snapback]

Fortunately there is a new station in town....so much better than the garbage on 610.

Yep, Philly fans are dense. Granted McNabb & Reid butcher clock management a lot, but at the end of the day he's easily the best QB in the NFC.

Fortunately there is a new station in town....so much better than the garbage on 610.

Yep, Philly fans are dense.  Granted McNabb & Reid butcher clock management a lot, but at the end of the day he's easily the best QB in the NFC.

851281[/snapback]

No sh--? Did anyone from 610 defect over to the new station? And are you living in Philly now?

I miss it there so much that I get sick to my stomach thinking about the fact that I still live in Atlanta :bag: I need to be here for family reasons, but I've never been happier or more productive in my life than when I lived in Philly.

Speaking of WIP, I thought A.Cataldi was the biggest fake in the business, but I loved their morning show. It's funny, cause there are all sorts of good songs that were out between late '95 and early '99 that I never heard at the time becasue my radio was always on 610....day or night. I was working corporate security overnight, and Big Daddy Graham and a few others were always helping me pass the time and keeping me awake.

I love Philly....

That's unfortunate...Great guy, and a great player...He is one of those 'Curtis Martin' types where some think he's overrated and some thinks he's underrated...but he gets the job done when he's on the field.

851209[/snapback]

Great Guy?...I still hold a grude against that douchebag from when he was at cuse playing west point (army). Very tight 1st half cuse started blowing us out in the second. He was running up our sidelines saluting while giggiling like a school girl. I know, I probably need therapy to let it go--but some things like that stay with you

No sh--? Did anyone from 610 defect over to the new station? And are you living in Philly now?

I miss it there so much that I get sick to my stomach thinking about the fact that I still live in Atlanta  :bag:    I need to be here for family reasons, but I've never been happier or more productive in my life than when I lived in Philly.

Speaking of WIP, I thought A.Cataldi was the biggest fake in the business, but I loved their morning show. It's funny, cause there are all sorts of good songs that were out between late '95 and early '99 that I never heard at the time becasue my radio was always on 610....day or night. I was working corporate security overnight, and Big Daddy Graham and a few others were always helping me pass the time and keeping me awake.

I love Philly....

851288[/snapback]

That's funny - I hate Philly and I'm not productive at all. :huh:

Nobody to my knowledge defected from 610. I decided within weeks that everyone there sucks. I don't mind it if I don't agree with a radio host - I like Schopp/Bulldog & Mike/Madd Dog because at least they know sports a little. These guys in Philly are just all about the schtick. The only halfway knowledgable guy on the station - Paul Jolovitz - inexplicably works the weekend graveyard shift. The new station has Tony Bruno syndicated in the morning (ironically a Philly guy) who is hilarious.

That's funny - I hate Philly and I'm not productive at all.  :bag:

Nobody to my knowledge defected from 610.  I decided within weeks that everyone there sucks.  I don't mind it if I don't agree with a radio host - I like Schopp/Bulldog & Mike/Madd Dog because at least they know sports a little.  These guys in Philly are just all about the schtick.  The only halfway knowledgable guy on the station - Paul Jolovitz - inexplicably works the weekend graveyard shift.  The new station has Tony Bruno syndicated in the morning (ironically a Philly guy) who is hilarious.

851304[/snapback]

Jolovitz rocked....it's funny, cause his was the only show I ever called into (talked about Thurman Thomas with him), and my first comment was, "Hey Paul, I can't tell you how great it is to hear schtick-free radio!" He laughed and said, "thanks".... I'm sort of surprised he's still stuck in that time slot. I figured he'd either get a better time or someone else would pick him up, cause he puts on a good show. Maybe the fact that he's NOT a "schtick" kind of guy is his downfall, though.....I dunno, I just know that he was my favorite host out of the whole bunch.

There is a decent sports station down here in Atlanta called 790 The Zone, but it's just not the same. Philly is a sports culture....Atlanta is a bandwagon hopping town.