the san diego game plan

JAMIEBUF12

i'd like to see the bills play alot of 3-4 defense this sunday against san diego.seems to me against the packers we were playing some 3-4.it is one of the things i always respected about bill belechick.he can break down a team and play them 4-3 or 3-4 depending on how he feels he can stop them best.i am not saying we switch permanently to the 3-4(although i would love that).but i feel we should have a better game plan than put 8 men in the box and then watch phillip rivers kill us with passes to antonio gates all day.i think a 3-4 would stop the run alot better then the cover 2 we employ right now.the cover 2 was designed to stop a west coast type offense.we are not playing a west coast offense this week.it looks like this coaching staff is starting to make good half time adjustments.i would love to see us have a whole different game plan and surprise the hell out of san diego!i also realize that you have to have the proper personal to run different defenses.i think we have the linebackers and the proper right end for the job.i know larry triplett is a cover 2 type defensive tackle ,but for just this week maybe it would throw san diego off guard.in any case GO BILLS!

i'd like to see the bills play alot of 3-4 defense this sunday against san diego.seems to me against the packers we were playing some 3-4.it is one of the things i always respected about bill belechick.he can break down a team and play them 4-3 or 3-4 depending on how he feels he can stop them best.i am not saying we switch permanently to the 3-4(although i would love that).but i feel we should have a better game plan than put 8 men in the box and then watch phillip rivers kill us with passes to antonio gates all day.i think a 3-4 would stop the run alot better then the cover 2 we employ right now.the cover 2 was designed to stop a west coast type offense.we are not playing a west coast offense this week.it looks like this coaching staff is starting to make good half time adjustments.i would love to see us have a whole different game plan and surprise the hell out of san diego!i also realize that you have to have the proper personal to run different defenses.i think we have the linebackers and the proper right end for the job.i know larry triplett is a cover 2 type defensive tackle ,but for just this week maybe it would throw san diego off guard.in any case GO BILLS!

850287[/snapback]

If the Bills did that gameplan, all of us would be doing this the following Monday:

:D:lol::lol::lol:0:)B-):bag:0:)

Lay off the pipe son. No one played any 3-4 against Green Bay and you don't just willy nilly switch defenses. It would throw San Diego off for one play - then they would score a 100 points. There may not be a team in the league less equipped to play a 3-4.

850287[/snapback]

Lay off the pipe son.  No one played any 3-4 against Green Bay and you don't just willy nilly switch defenses.  It would throw San Diego off for one play - then they would score a 100 points.  There may not be a team in the league less equipped to play a 3-4.

850312[/snapback]

http://www.billsdaily.com/gameday/2006/gb/grades.shtml look at the very bottom of the article when it talks about coaching.it says the 3-4 wrinkle was a nice touch to confuse brett favre.,but ill smoke the pipe anyways