Wife throws boiling water at husband, police said

Tux of Borg

http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/16067029.htm

By EDWARD LEWIS

WILKES-BARRE - A husband suffered severe burns to his chest and face when his wife threw boiling hot water on him while he slept early Tuesday morning, police said.

Jean Schmidt, 63, of 129 N. Meade St., admitted to police she boiled water and threw it at her husband, Michael, because she felt he was tampering with the hot water heater.

Michael Schmidt was flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital’s burn unit for severe burns to his face, chest and arms, police said.

Jean Schmidt remains jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $2,500 bail. She was charged with aggravated assault and recklessly endangering another person, according to arrest papers.

because she felt he was tampering with the hot water heater.

Well at least she had a good reason. :D

Jean Schmidt remains jailed at the Luzerne County Correctional Facility for lack of $2,500 bail. She was charged with aggravated assault and recklessly endangering another person, according to arrest papers.

$2500?!?!?!? WTF?? And people wonder why domestic violence continues to be a huge problem.

http://www.timesleader.com/mld/timesleader/16067029.htm

By EDWARD LEWIS

WILKES-BARRE - A husband suffered severe burns to his chest and face when his wife threw boiling hot water on him while he slept early Tuesday morning, police said.

Jean Schmidt, 63, of 129 N. Meade St., admitted to police she boiled water and threw it at her husband, Michael, because she felt he was tampering with the hot water heater.

Michael Schmidt was flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital’s burn unit for severe burns to his face, chest and arms, police said.

850222[/snapback]

She should have been tampering with his unit. Everything would have been fine if she did, the unit.

The husband is lucky the police took her. In Davie, the police philosophy, as told to me by a Davie policeman is: "If we didnt see it, it didnt happen" Doesnt that make you feel all warm and safe inside.

The husband is lucky the police took her.  In Davie, the police philosophy, as told to me by a Davie policeman is: "If we didnt see it, it didnt happen"  Doesnt that make you feel all warm and safe inside.

850520[/snapback]

When it's a member of congress that rule applies everywhere.

When it's a member of congress that rule applies everywhere.

850541[/snapback]

Take it to PPP. So what, she's priviledged. People like you get handled with kid gloves all the time. You're just afraid to admit it publically.

Reminds me of a L&O Special Victims Unit episode that I saw last night.

The husband is lucky the police took her.  In Davie, the police philosophy, as told to me by a Davie policeman is: "If we didnt see it, it didnt happen"  Doesnt that make you feel all warm and safe inside.

850520[/snapback]

Only if it is a male that is assaulted. If it is a woman, they can arrest you without evidence, just cause she says you hit her...