Willis McGahee

Mikie2times

I was one of the first to say Willis isn't as good as he's made out to be. I said that at the start of the 2005 season. Looking back I reacted to what the perception of Willis was back then, both around here and in the media. IE Willis is one of the best RB's in football. I always disagreed grading him that high, so I took the opposite stance on the debate. Now the perception of Willis around here is that he's expendable, that he isn't a difference maker. Some have gone as far to say A-Train would be just as good. To me that logic is just as flawed rating Willis among the best in football.

Please don't show me statistics of A-Train facing the Colts and Texans run defense and compare them to what Willis has faced. Not only is the competition difference vast but the sample is a fraction of the size. Willis may not be a top 5 RB in this league, but he is a difference maker. You saw it yesterday on two scores A-Train would not have made. You will continue seeing it whenever we have to turn to our back ups. In the context of the elite RB's Willis can't carry a game on his shoulders, few can. But he still makes us better off then half the league. Being such we should embrace him as we have other good/great Bills over the years. The unique passion of Bills fans is one of the biggest things we have going for us. Maybe if we try and support players like we used to we can make players want to stay here.

Amen brother! I was just about to make a similiar post before I noticed yours.

First off, the guy had 3 broken ribs. The timetable for an injury like that was 6 weeks (and don't talk to me about Travis because his injuries weren't as servere) and he came back after only missing two games? Are you kidding?!

One of the first things I noticed from Section 244 yesterday was him running across the field before kickoff to join in prayer with Shaud Williams. The next thing that struck me was how well he was blocking for Losman yesterday (there was in particular that was awesome, but I can't remember when it happened).

But off of those injuries the guy played like a madman. His two TD's were beautiful. His first one was probably even more impressive but won't get as much cred because it was only a few yards. But he really made a lot of impressive cuts. Not only that but he dove in the end zone chest and ribs first to ensure he crossed the plane both times. I know if I had broken ribs, I sure as hell wouldn't be diving chest first!

And his comments after the game?: "I just couldn't sit another game. Two games were too much. We're winning. I'm just glad to be a part of it again".

Anyone who wants to say that he runs with no heart or is selfish can kiss my ass! As for A-Train, I think Willis would have done better than Thomas against Indy and certainly better than him in Houston!

So what he came from the "U"? So what he has said some stupid things sometimes? Save the talk of "he doesn't want to play here" until he provides us with proof of that. Right now the man IS a Buffalo Bill and i'm damn proud that he is.

But I suppose he'll never be a true Buffalo Bill like the statuatory rapeing, marijuna smoking; Travis Henry. :D

But I suppose he'll never be a true Buffalo Bill like the statuatory rapeing, marijuna smoking; Travis Henry.  :D

850186[/snapback]

I agree with everything you said about WM as he showed a lot of courage playing yesterday and too many fans are quick to judge him. But this comment about TH is just unnecesary as he gave his all to us and ran hard every play.

I agree with everything you said about WM as he showed a lot of courage playing yesterday and too many fans are quick to judge him. But this comment about TH is just unnecesary as he gave his all to us and ran hard every play.

850301[/snapback]

I respect everything that Travis did for us. However, i'm simply pointing out how asinine it is that Willis' character has come under fire more than any other Bill (or Bills RB) in recent history when that's the type of character we had before.

Im just interested to see what McGahee can do with the new oline lineup the next few weeks. Obviously hes still injured but he showed a lot of stuff he just never got an opportunity to do last year or early this year. When was the last time he actually had a chance to cut back across the field and get a chance to outrun everyone to the endzone. His first td was probably more impressive with nifty running, and his blitz pickup lately has been quite good. There are only 2-4 rbs who can literally carry a team, but willis can be plenty good in his own right and with losman and the oline improving he'll get the opportunity to prove it. :D