Hargrove - What are you guys not telling me?

ajzepp

I had completely forgotten this guy was even on the team until someone mentioned it late in the game thread. At first I thought it was a sarcastic post, but then I realized (by looking at my trusty NFL.com stats) that he had a sack and a few tackles.

Why is nobody talking about this guy? I never get to see the games, so I usually only hear about someone if he's in a highlight package on ESPN or we talk about him on the board. Has he been in a consistent rotation? How does he compare to our other guys on the line? Is he a keeper or did we throw away a pick?

I had completely forgotten this guy was even on the team until someone mentioned it late in the game thread. At first I thought it was a sarcastic post, but then I realized (by looking at my trusty NFL.com stats) that he had a sack and a few tackles.

Why is nobody talking about this guy?  I never get to see the games, so I usually only hear about someone if he's in a highlight package on ESPN or we talk about him on the board. Has he been in a consistent rotation? How does he compare to our other guys on the line? Is he a keeper or did we throw away a pick?

848943[/snapback]

Anthony Hargrove

Hope this helps to a small degree, but I haven't been able to watch the games due to west coast residence, I hear he really plays his heart out and he rotates in a lot too.

Maybe I'm overstating here, but this guy is quickly becoming my favorite player. His production has been minimal to this point, but it seems he is improving quickly (nice sack today on a play where he never gave up).

What I love about him is his emotion. Maybe he was absolutely miserable in his situation with the Rams, but it seems that he treats playing for the Bills each Sunday as though he has won the lottery. Celebrates like a madman, but in a fun, energizing way. Not a "My name is Reggie Williams, I am the definition of a first round bust but I am going to run my mouth like a dumbass after catching my 7th pass in the last FIVE games but then look like a tool because there was a holding penalty and my catch doesn't even count kind of like David Carr and his girly first down sign last week." Not like that.

He seems to love playing football on this team and his emotion shows me that he really cares about what is going on. I hope he develops more and more and I hope we hold on to him.

Wow, see, I knew there was more to this than I realized....I start the thread, go to drop a deuce, and when I get back there are already eight posts! ;)

Seriously, that's awesome to hear....I just was surprised cause typically I'm around here enough to keep tabs on what's going on, and I don't recall reading much about the guy since we traded for him. Being that he's a young'n, that would be pretty cool if he became an effective starter for us.

MBD: I actually felt about 90% certain that it was you who brought him up in the game thread, but didn't want to be wrong and give credit where it wasn't due....like, say, to LSI Cadets :devil:

MBD: I actually felt about 90% certain that it was you who brought him up in the game thread, but didn't want to be wrong and give credit where it wasn't due....like, say, to LSI Cadets  :devil:

Since game action was going-on, I refrained from elaborating on Hargrove. I've liked him since his first game action with the Bills.

And the part about dropping the deuce was TMI. ;)

Since game action was going-on, I refrained from elaborating on Hargrove.  I've liked him since his first game action with the Bills.

And the part about dropping the deuce was TMI. :devil:

849013[/snapback]

When exactly WAS his first game action? How much playing time has he seen would you say?

What kind of deuce was it?

849014[/snapback]

I'd say it was pretty mundane, actually.....not like that one I had earlier in the year that I had to start an entire thread about. That was pretty amazing. This was just your standard fare, though :devil:

Green Bay.  Made some ST's tackles and was a big cheerleader.

849021[/snapback]

Oh okay, so he's not played a whole lot then. Sounds like he's got some nice potential, though!

Oh okay, so he's not played a whole lot then. Sounds like he's got some nice potential, though!

He didn't play much that game, but has been rotating in at DT in passing situations since McCargo went down. Seems to be getting good penetration and making occasional plays. Remember he joined the Bills after game 6, meaning he had no off-season, training camp, pre-season, and missed almost half the season and thus barely knows the players/defense.

He didn't play much that game, but has been rotating in at DT in passing situations since McCargo went down.  Seems to be getting good penetration and making occasional plays.  Remember he joined the Bills after game 6, meaning he had no off-season, training camp, pre-season, and missed almost half the season and thus barely knows the players/defense.

849039[/snapback]

Very cool....I just looked him up online and he's not only younger than I thought (he's only 23!), he's also lighter than I thought. 6'3 275 sounds more like a DE than a tackle to me....do you think he's stout enough when he's playing the interior, or is he more of a pass rushing tackle when they use him there?

That was my last question, I promise :devil:

PS. Thanks to the rest of you guys who chimed in too...I feel officially up to date on this guy now ;)

Maybe I'm overstating here, but this guy is quickly becoming my favorite player.  His production has been minimal to this point, but it seems he is improving quickly (nice sack today on a play where he never gave up).

848972[/snapback]

I'm with u on this man. I've been thinking the same thing. He is seriously climbing up my rankings as fav player. Love the emotion, the fire, enthusiasm and he is young. Lets keep him around for a while.

Very cool....I just looked him up online and he's not only younger than I thought (he's only 23!), he's also lighter than I thought. 6'3 275 sounds more like a DE than a tackle to me....do you think he's stout enough when he's playing the interior, or is he more of a pass rushing tackle when they use him there?

That was my last question, I promise :devil:

PS. Thanks to the rest of you guys who chimed in too...I feel officially up to date on this guy now ;)

I'm no expert here, but Hargrove is a DE who gets moved inside on passing downs a la Phil Hansen and I think Shawn Price several years back. I think this was necessitated by the loss of McCargo for the season. He's listed as the backup to Schobel on the BB.com depth chart.