BCS - Week 7

bartshan-83

Getting ready to win the BE and be in a BCS bowl.  :doh:

848981[/snapback]

Isn't it the BL, for Big Least?

Rutgers couldn't beat Cincinnati????????? Damn.

My Nittany Lions are about what I thought they'd be after losing 25 seniors: good enough to beat the lesser teams on the schedule (8-0) and not good enough to beat the really good teams on the schedule (0-4 vs the Top 10 teams on the schedule).

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LSU

Arkansas

Florida

Auburn

Tennessee

849650[/snapback]

Sorry, it just amazes me how little respect FL gets. I think they deserve the 4 seed and wouldn't argue to bump them any further, but I can't believe someone could rank them below a two loss team that they played great against.

Sorry, it just amazes me how little respect FL gets.  I think they deserve the 4 seed and wouldn't argue to bump them any further, but I can't believe someone could rank them below a two loss team that they played great against.

849674[/snapback]

You see them more than I do, so you have way more info. It's just the impression I get. I try to rank the teams as if they were playing tomorrow and I try to figure out who would win. Florida has gotten dogged a bit this year (they have the most "impressive loss" outside of Michigan) and if they take out Arkansas in SEC championship, then they will win me over. I just don't see that happening which is why I ranked them 3rd in the conference.

Isn't it the BL, for Big Least?

Rutgers couldn't beat Cincinnati?????????  Damn. 

My Nittany Lions are about what I thought they'd be after losing 25 seniors:  good enough to beat the lesser teams on the schedule (8-0) and not good enough to beat the really good teams on the schedule (0-4 vs the Top 10 teams on the schedule).

849664[/snapback]

Oh give me a break. the top three teams from the "BL" could beat your PSU. :doh:

Oh give me a break. the top three teams from the "BL" could beat your PSU.  :doh:

849726[/snapback]

So, the top 3 teams from the Big Least can beat the 4th best team in the Big 11? Impressive.

After that, they can ascend to the level of beating powerhouse teams like Cincinnati.

So, the top 3 teams from the Big Least can beat the 4th best team in the Big 11?  Impressive. 

After that, they can ascend to the level of beating powerhouse teams like Cincinnati.

849833[/snapback]

The only team in the Least I'd be worried about would be WVU. Louisville? Bzzt. Rutgers?

You've GOT to be kidding me.

The only team in the Least I'd be worried about would be WVU. Louisville? Bzzt. Rutgers?

You've GOT to be kidding me.

849877[/snapback]

Haha, you've got to be joking. Penn State sucks the big one. I mean, you do have wins over the powerhouses Temple, Mich State, YSU, and Akron. :doh:

Rutgers is legitimate.

Haha, you've got to be joking. Penn State sucks the big one. I mean, you do have wins over the powerhouses Temple, Mich State, YSU, and Akron.  :doh:

Rutgers is legitimate.

849923[/snapback]

Legitimate at what? Having the shortest Top 10 stay in college football history after the longest wait to get there?

Legitimate at what? Having the shortest Top 10 stay in college football history after the longest wait to get there?

850006[/snapback]

Who cares how long they were there for you dolt?

The fact is, is that we have a chance to play in the Orange bowl, and if not, we're only going to be better next year. The team is young, we have a great recruiting class coming, and our coach is also a good one.

My father sent me to old Rutgers,

And resolv'd that I should be a man;

And so I settled down,

in that noisy college town,

On the banks of the old Raritan.

(Chorus)

On the banks of the old Raritan, my boys,

where old Rutgers ever more shall stand,

For has she not stood since the time of the flood,

II.

Her ardent spirit stirred and cheered me

From the day me college years began;

Gracious Alma Mater mine;

Learning's fair and honored shrine;

(Chorus)

III.

I love her flaming far-flung banner

I love her triumphs proud to scan,

And I glory in her fame

That's immortalized her name.

(Chorus)

IV.

My heart clings closer than the ivy

As life runs out its fleeting span,

To the stately, ancient walls

Of her hallowed, classic halls

(Chorus)

V.

Then sing aloud to Alma Mater,

And keep the scarlet in the van;

For with her motto high,

Rutgers' name shall never die,

Did you just really post the freaking alma mater?

850036[/snapback]

Does it look like an alma mater? Does it sound like an alma mater? Then gee, I guess it is the alma mater! :doh::D

I know, it doesn't beat Texas'...

We a go a huntin

We a go a fishin

We like our meat, and we like our corn

We are the mighty longhooooooooooooooooooooooorns

1. Ohio State- Top dog all year. If they win the title they will have beaten three #2's. Pretty impressive.

2. USC- An unthinkable loss to UCLA would turn this thing upside down.

3. Michigan- The great defense will look back at 42 points and two LONG TD runs and wonder what might have been. They have a beef, but so will all of the other one-loss teams. At least Michigan got a crack at it- the others can't say that. Hold your arch rival to 38 and you don't have this problem.

4. Florida- Is it possible that an 11-1 SEC team could be so uninspiring and unimpressive? Much respect for winning 11 games, but they seem to be a touch below the top 3, particularly on offense.

5. LSU- I've liked them all year. I expect them to light up the ACC champ in the Orange Bowl.

6. Wisconsin- Lucked out by avoiding OSU this year, but their lone loss is to Michigan, and have looked solid all year.

7. Boise State- Likely to get a shot (and $17 million) against a big dog in a BCS game. Their performance in that game could do wonders for the playoff argument.

8. Arkansas- I've got nothing but love for Troy Smith, but there's a good chance Darren McFadden is the best player in the nation right now. Smith gets Heisman nod.

9. Louisville- Blowing that big lead at Rutgers looks even more pathetic now. The big three in the Big East would compete up top in the ACC, but battle each other for 4th place in the other BCS conferences.

10. Oklahoma- More than likely BCS-bound. Peterson goes for 240 in his final college game?

-USC vs. ND...what a crazy game...USC's defense is so much faster than last year's version, and it's not even close. I was in the same seats to watch Fresno roll up 42 on last year's squad. This defense is MUCH more athletic. It wasn't hard to assume, after watching Vince Young jog through his secondary, that Pete Carroll was going to get some freshmen and sophomores on the field this year who can get after the ball. They tightened up on several 4th downs, and were really in McKnight's mind. His drops killed the Irish. ND's body language looked crushed when those on-the-money passes hit the turf.

-Michigan deserves a rematch? I say no, but it's not worth arguing. It's all subjective. They are worthy. USC is worthy. Hell, let Michigan and USC play on Jan 1 in the Rose Bowl, and the winner plays Ohio State Jan 8 in Glendale.

More of the Texas alma mater...

The women, look like men

The men, look like women

If you draft one of our linemen

You are sure to mourn

We are the mighty longhooooooooooooorns

850069[/snapback]

If you think Texas women look like men, you've obviously never set foot in the state. It's a wretched place, but the women are world class.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.