Congratulations Larry Coker, on a great win last

ACor58

Your information is incorrect.  Reddick was suspended indefinitely and only returned recently.  [How many games did the Bills suspend Whitner?]

Not really. One player out of the whole dang team was suspended indefinitely, sorry that I forgot about him.

Every single other player in the whole brawl was suspended one game, against Duke mind you. The next 3 games after that were all against ranked teams.

Nah, that had nothing to do with it. :angry:

Lots of FIU players were suspended indefinitely and some were dismissed, just like what should have happened at Miami.

But no, apparently a group of players stomping on an opponent's head doesn't deserve longer then a 1-game suspension.

Further, if you really knew about Coker, you would know that he even suspended the starting RB for missing study hall.  Ryan Moore (the Canes best receiver was suspended for the bowl game last year and most of this season).

Oh goodie, Coker suspended some players. What coach hasn't done that?

That FIU/Miami brawl was all I needed to know about Coker.

How many LSU players were suspended for swinging helmets at Canes players' heads after the Peach Bowl last year (even though at least one player had to go to the hospital)?

847216[/snapback]

So, because LSU didn't take appropriate actions makes it okay that Miami didn't as well?

Not really.  One player out of the whole dang team was suspended indefinitely, sorry that I forgot about him.

Every single other player in the whole brawl was suspended one game, against Duke mind you. The next 3 games after that were all against ranked teams.

Nah, that had nothing to do with it.  :angry:

Lots of FIU players were suspended indefinitely and some were dismissed, just like what should have happened at Miami.

But no, apparently a group of players stomping on an opponent's head doesn't deserve longer then a 1-game suspension.

Oh goodie, Coker suspended some players.  What coach hasn't done that?

That FIU/Miami brawl was all I needed to know about Coker.

So, because LSU didn't take appropriate actions makes it okay that Miami didn't as well?

847232[/snapback]

Do you even know what happened during that game?

Yeah, I do, but you seem to be blind to Miami's and Coker's failings this year.

847375[/snapback]

If you know what happened, then you would know that several FIU players mugged the UM long snapper after an extra point and started the whole thing. The Miami players (as I would hope any teammates would) came to the long snappers defense.

If you have any doubt about who started this, consider the fact that FIU apologized to UM after the game.

I have no problem with the actions of any of the Miami players -- except for Reddick and Merriweather who were appropriately punished.

If you know what happened, then you would know that several FIU players mugged the UM long snapper after an extra point and started the whole thing.  The Miami players (as I would hope any teammates would) came to the long snappers defense.

If you have any doubt about who started this, consider the fact that FIU apologized to UM after the game.

I have no problem with the actions of any of the Miami players -- except for Reddick and Merriweather who were appropriately punished.

847491[/snapback]

:angry:

The "they started it" defense.

What are you, 7?

If you do not think that he is a classy guy, watch the clip of his press conference on ESPN.com.

By the way, one of the guys he hired was Rich Olson who was a UM offensive coordinator when the Canes won one of their national championships in the early 90's.

As for recruiting, one thing that Coker did was save the recruiting class when Davis left the Canes in a lurch about a week before national signing day.  That is one reason Davis had no chance of being re-hired.

It is true that we lost some recruits that we should have had the past couple of years, and I disagree with the firing of Art Kehoe last year.  Nevertheless, if Coker is one thing, he is a classy guy.  Another thing to keep in mind is that the Canes/Coker lost several players to the NFL.  It is tough to rebound when many of your stars leave early for the NFL.

847203[/snapback]

So, you DIDN'T want Coker fired? Let's call it what it was, the Miami job was way too big for a doofus like Coker. Your support for Coker seems more like disdain for Butch Davis, which is ridiculous because Davis did all the dirty work rebuilding the program and he left the program in such a "lurch" that they could have hired almost anybody and rode their way to at least one national championship with those classes. The guy who is leaving the U in a lurch is Coker, who did A TON of damage coming back this year.

:angry:

The "they started it" defense.

What are you, 7?

847541[/snapback]

Man, did you ever play sports?!?

If one of your teammates is mugged by the other team, you protect your teammate. It happens in hockey. It happens in baseball. It happens in football.

If an opposing player gave JP (or any other player on our team) a cheap shot, I would be extremely disappointed if none of our players came to his defense. I would hope that you would be as well.

P.S. I noticed that you and others did not let the facts regarding this incident get in the way of what I presume is a pre-existing bias against the Canes.

Yeah, because group-stomping on an FIU player's head is AOK as long as the other team started it. :angry:

Yes, I have played sports. Yes, it happens in hockey. The difference? In hockey you don't have players trying to cut other players with their freaking skates.

Facts? Sorry, but YOU'RE the one not letting facts get in the way of a pro-Canes bias.

I have no anti-Canes or pro-Canes bias. I don't give a damn about that school.

Why should I? I go to freaking Texas. :w00t:

Yeah, because group-stomping on an FIU player's head is AOK as long as the other team started it. :angry:

847592[/snapback]

You really need to read my posts more carefully:

You (and others) have indicted Coker and the whole program for the actions of two people.

On the whole Schiano thing...

He's not going to Miami. When asked by reporters yeaterday, he stated, "I plan on staying here for a long, long time." Asked if that meant he had any interest in Miami whatsoever, he stated, "did you just hear what I said? I said long, long time."

Rutgers is prepared to offer Schiano a 10 year, 22 million dollar deal. I work for the athletic dept. part time, and while this isn't exactly a great secret, his wife wants nothing to do with South Florida and he is building a house on the NJ campus as we speak.

Yeah, because group-stomping on an FIU player's head is AOK as long as the other team started it. :D

Yes, I have played sports.  Yes, it happens in hockey.  The difference?  In hockey you don't have players trying to cut other players with their freaking skates.

Facts?  Sorry, but YOU'RE the one not letting facts get in the way of a pro-Canes bias.

I have no anti-Canes or pro-Canes bias.  I don't give a damn about that school.

Why should I?  I go to freaking Texas.  :lol:

847592[/snapback]

Bluefire, in case you haven't noticed from recent threads gone by, convincing Peter that "The U" has made any bad judgement calls or getting him to say that Coker blows is just plain impossible. It's like someone coming on here and trying to get us to say that Marv sucks.

It's fine, Coker pissed the program down the drain, we know it, Peter is the only one who doesn't yet.