If you give JP time to throw he can make any pass

bluv

I will take 340 yds, 3 td and 1 INT  from JP every Sunday for the next 20 years.

843389[/snapback]

He might not produce numbers like that every game but if he plays in a system that gives him average pass protection without having to max protect and put out multiple targets that can get open he will at least be better than average for he hasn't shown he can consistently read coverages and find the open WR he has definitely shown that when he decides to throw, he can consistently hit them if they are open and he is given time to set his feet. That is more than you can ask from a 3rd year QB who has started 18 games!

i've been down on JP for a while.

he shows spurts of strong ability, he showed that for nearly the entire game yesterday. his work at the end really impressed me.

that said, i still want to see more.

i've not really been one of these nall ball guys, let the kid play, but i really think we need the rest of the season to see if he can do it more than once in a while.

i've also noted we really need willis. if we can get a little going in the passing game, willis is just a nightmare for opponents to tackle with only 7 up at the line.

Every QB makes a mistake like that....think about how many times our great JK did it...He bounced back, put it behind him and it didn't effect him the rest of the game....I won't bring up the Sun in his eyes either...every QB throws a bad INT once in awhile...he made up for it

You're focusing on it because of all the otehr games this year...in the conext of this game...it was one bad play...it happens

843268[/snapback]

I won't bring up the sun either. I really don't think it was a problem by then. Rather, I think the biggest problem was the line (I know, I know). But, as I saw it, there were alot of guys between JP and the defender, so he probably didn't see the guy. JP should have side-stepped a little to make sure he had a good lane to make the throw. I believe the announcer even commented as such.

The line did their job and held up the protection, but JP couldn't see enough of the field to tell if a defender was baiting him in. Hopefully, he'll learn that with those type of passes, he has to side step (if needed), or be absolutely sure a defender isn't there to make that play.