Price quotes JP in the huddle

Dr. K

Checkdown could have run out of bounds/been near the sideline, no?

Or, you throw it around the 3-4 yard line and hope he gets in.

844283[/snapback]

NO

the only play is to throw it in the end zone.

then throw it in the end zone again if it doesn;t work

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RJ's problems were a) he'd rather take a sack than throw the ball away, even if it meant running OOB behind the LOS with the ball and b) he was too fragile, and with the number of sacks JP's taken, RJ would have been injured 4 times at least by now.  I didn't so much mind the sacks since he showed he could overcome them, it's that they led to injury with him.

845103[/snapback]

I was comparing their verbal leadership styles, and JP has won me over more than Johnson did. If you are getting your a$$ kicked out there and you can communicate to me that you are not getting the job done, but are working hard at it and to trust you.....sometimes that's all you need to do to let me know you are still there.

Hey....I led the keep RJ parade when the decision had to be made between Flutie and RJ. I remember the majority thought it would be Flutie to stay. The day before the decision, the RJ jerseys in the pro shop were discounted to $10 from $45 and I bought 12 of them to clean it out. I think it was through this site if I remember correctly. Needeless to say, everyone including the dog got an RJ jersey for Christmas.

JP might still not have "it"....but he also doesn't not have "it". I think the Ralph's collective reaction when RJ was thrown into the game against us when he played for Washington pretty much sums up his "it". Cue the Marv Albert music.

if i remember right, he threw to the checkdown every play on that drive except for the TD.

when we got to the 20 with only 14 seconds left it was obvious that the checkdown was just not an option.

the WRs were all probubly runnign deep on every play and had to be getting tired of running and not getting the ball.

JP showed leadership and understanding of the situation. he modivated his WRs by telling them that one of them would get the ball for sure.