UGH, please quit giving these guys......

Jesus.

We suck. Period. Not saying that we won't or can't turn this around some, but overall, we suck. Period. Do we do some things well? Ummm, yeah. Do the friggin Arizona Cardinals do some things well? Ummmmm, yeah they do. They also still suck.

What makes me laugh about all of this, is how some of you claim that we have new coaches, and it's a new system, and shoe's change their soles every year, so the players need to get used to them and all other kinds of BS. I guarantee the bottom line between McNally coaching and other O line coaches is just beat the guys ass who you are supposed to block. You can sit here and tell me about this techinque, and this move, and that move, and how well Mike Williams third step from his stance is......but the bottom line, in the simplest of terms is beat the guys ass across from you.

I'm a high school football coach in VA. I took over last year. I'm the D coordinator. My teams are 11-2 since that time with 8 shutouts. I never played defense in high school. The school won a combined 5 games in the previous four years. I have a new system, that I made up on the fly. We blitz alot to put pressure on high school offenses who can't handle pressure. It's easy in my opinion. When we play a team that runs the wishbone or double wing or some other crazy thing, we have to change the entire D in two days. Then have a walkthrough on the third day. Then it's ready.

Football is NOT brain surgery. The bottom line comes down to beating the guys ass across from you and be more physical without hurting yourself with negative plays. While an NFL system is no doubt complex, if the Bills were good enough to line up and run simple power stuff, and block correctly, they'd be fine. They aren't. And worse yet, they are killing themselves, which is why this isn't a coaching problem at all, IMO.

Don't make football out to be some kind of cure for cancer, because it's not. The only difference between paid football coaches and lesser paid coaches are the time they are able to put into things such as practices, and organization, to make it seem like football is as structured as building a nuclear bomb.

If you're good enough to push the other team around, you win. Period. If you are good enough to make the other make mistakes, you win.

You should see what happens to a high school team when you send 9 guys up to the line and run blitz their ass. It's hilarious. They panic before the play even starts. Our last game, a 15-6 win, the other team's offense ran 44 plays offenisvely. We stopped them 27 times for negative yardage.

Right about now, I bet with how the Bills O looks, the defenses of other teams feed off of that non-confidence that the Bills seem to give off. As soon as you have a team doubting itself like that, it has nothing to do with coaching. It's a mind game from that point on.

And with what the penalites show, the Bills football mental ability is about the dumbest in the NFL.

Teams can have talent, but if they can't handle the mental part of the game first, they are finished. Period!

If I hear another tivo head coach give another 'detailed' analysis of how the Bills were dominating, but x team was lucky, and the refs were biased, and the wind was blowing ssw...

The Packers of the of Lombardi era used to walk to the line and point where they were going to run - and still get 4 yards a pop. That's football.

Al Davis said, "We don't take what the defense will give us. We take what we want' - that's football but not the Bills variety for the last 11 years.

For the record-----The Az Cardinals are better than we are currently, and I bet they will be better than we are at the seasons end. Watching the Cards all season, I will tell you that they are playing some great football on defense, and their offense has gotten better every week. Boldin is coming back from injury soon, and McCown is a young guy learning to win. I predict 7-9 for the Redbirds. I dont think our Beloved Bills will get to 7-9. Not with Drew at QB....

For the record-----The Az Cardinals are better than we are currently, and I bet they will be better than we are at the seasons end. Watching the Cards all season, I will tell you that they are playing some great football on defense, and their offense has gotten better every week. Boldin is coming back from injury soon, and McCown is a young guy learning to win. I predict 7-9 for the Redbirds. I dont think our Beloved Bills will get to 7-9. Not with Drew at QB....

60493[/snapback]

Or with Henry at RB, parts of the OL, a defense that cannot get it done when it matters most.

I hate to say it, Bills are a mess.

Jesus.

We suck.  Period.  Not saying that we won't or can't turn this around some, but overall, we suck.  Period.  Do we do some things well?  Ummm, yeah.  Do the friggin Arizona Cardinals do some things well?  Ummmmm, yeah they do.  They also still suck.

60466[/snapback]

I think I saw this commercial before:

"Hey CentralVaBills, did you watch the game last night? Didn't it suck? It sucked...."

[test pattern]

stevestojan.  Watch the games.  Notice the stevestojantty officiating that has robbed the Bills of tens of points, but not the other teams.  Sorry but you cannot win when you keep getting shafted by the refs and play good teams.

60762[/snapback]

That's just outright stupid. High school kids on bad teams blame officials. While we have been on the short end of the officials' calls this season.......we have done more to kill ourselves than the officials have taken away from us......EASILY.

Simply put, in a call that was wrong.......but would have went our way......the ball London "I'm killing this team every week" Fletcher FUMBLED through the end zone was pathetic. If he hangs on to the ball, Belicheck has no more challenges and we have the ball first and goal on the 2. But all anyone wants to mention are the calls that we lost....which are a few. But we can't even take advantage of the one's we have go our way.

If the moron Fletcher, who has a reputation as a cheap shot artist (which is why calls go against the hot-head), would have SMARTLY and like a veteran covered up the fuggin ball, we would have been in business.

But of course, yet another brainless play, and by a veteran nonetheless.

If we were playing good and smart.....ok......blame the refs........but while we continue to play like retards, don't blame referees for our haplessness.

That's just outright stupid.  High school kids on bad teams blame officials.  While we have been on the short end of the officials' calls this season.......we have done more to kill ourselves than the officials have taken away from us......EASILY.

Who gives a !@#$ what the Bills did to themselves? The fact remains that despite their mistakes, the Bills were right there in the game until the very end, and the refs screwed up at least 3 plays that had scoring implications for the Pats, to the tune of 17 points. That's inexcusable, period.

Simply put, in a call that was wrong.......but would have went our way......the ball London "I'm killing this team every week" Fletcher FUMBLED through the end zone was pathetic.  If he hangs on to the ball, Belicheck has no more challenges and we have the ball first and goal on the 2.  But all anyone wants to mention are the calls that we lost....which are a few.  But we can't even take advantage of the one's we have go our way.

If the moron Fletcher, who has a reputation as a cheap shot artist (which is why calls go against the hot-head), would have SMARTLY and like a veteran covered up the fuggin ball, we would have been in business.

But of course, yet another brainless play, and by a veteran nonetheless.

If we were playing good and smart.....ok......blame the refs........but while we continue to play like retards, don't blame referees for our haplessness.

61014[/snapback]

What a joke! You are talking about a play that NEVER happened, since Givens didn't catch the ball, and therefore he could not have fumbled it. Even if Fletcher HADN'T fumbled it out of the endzone, causing it to not be reviewed, I'm glad the Bills didn't benefit from the ineptitude of the refs on that play, just as I was glad that McGee's INT earlier in the game was overturned on review. The refs got both right after IR and one hurt and the other helped the Bills, but guess what? They were ultimately the RIGHT calls on review. But they should have been made in real-time. I guess I have a different sets of mores than some people here, but I want the PLAYERS to decide games, not the mistakes of the zebras and whoever gets the benefit of their ineptitude, because contrary to popular belief, it DOES NOT all even out in the end.

Hmm... you ALMOST had me with that post, I mean, I'm pissed off too by the sloppy play and the coachspeak response, BUT, your take just doesn't account for what I saw out there on the field - I was at the Jacksonville game, and I can tell you that we were just pounding the hell out of 'em on both sides of the ball. WE DID inflict our will on them. It took a miracle for them to pull that one out. The Raiders played a bit more physical, but even in that game we pushed them around a bit. Now, the Pats game you might be right on the money about, but I'll tell you, we played the Pats a lot tougher than many other teams I watched play them... I'm just not ready to buy into what you're saying...

That being said, I expect to win this Sunday, and if we don't, perhaps I'll climb aboard your theory.

CT

Hmm... you ALMOST had me with that post, I mean, I'm pissed off too by the sloppy play and the coachspeak response, BUT, your take just doesn't account for what I saw out there on the field - I was at the Jacksonville game, and I can tell you that we were just pounding the hell out of 'em on both sides of the ball.  WE DID inflict our will on them.  It took a miracle for them to pull that one out.  The Raiders played a bit more physical, but even in that game we pushed them around a bit.  Now, the Pats game you might be right on the money about, but I'll tell you, we played the Pats a lot tougher than many other teams I watched play them... I'm just not ready to buy into what you're saying...

That being said, I expect to win this Sunday, and if we don't, perhaps I'll climb aboard your theory.

CT

61080[/snapback]

In their first two games, NE had exactly TWO three-n-outs. They also scored on every opening drive, as they did to us. But we we held them to three or four three-n-outs by the time we were into the third quarter, if memory serves.

Who gives a !@#$ what the Bills did to themselves?  The fact remains that despite their mistakes, the Bills were right there in the game until the very end, and the refs screwed up at least 3 plays that had scoring implications for the Pats, to the tune of 17 points.  That's inexcusable, period.

What a joke!  You are talking about a play that NEVER happened, since Givens didn't catch the ball, and therefore he could not have fumbled it.  Even if Fletcher HADN'T fumbled it out of the endzone, causing it to not be reviewed, I'm glad the Bills didn't benefit from the ineptitude of the refs on that play, just as I was glad that McGee's INT earlier in the game was overturned on review.  The refs got both right after IR and one hurt and the other helped the Bills, but guess what?  They were ultimately the RIGHT calls on review.  But they should have been made in real-time.  I guess I have a different sets of mores than some people here, but I want the PLAYERS to decide games, not the mistakes of the zebras and whoever gets the benefit of their ineptitude, because contrary to popular belief, it DOES NOT all even out in the end.

61037[/snapback]

Oh gimme a friggin break. Quit whining about the refs calls for christ's sakes.. And I'm talking about a play THAT DID HAPPEN. And because we are the absolute dumbest team in football at this point, we DIDN'T MAKE OUR OWN BREAKS. The play would have went BIG TIME our way, and ONLY because of Fletcher's stupidity (which he has displayed multiple times this year), we lost the play.

At least be another "I'm a fan who watches tape" apologist. But jesus, quit blaming referees......at least until we clean up our own sloppy play.

If we continue to bumble along, and make stupid plays game after game......we'll keep continuing to be on the short end of calls.

Your whining like a Major League Baseball pitcher who has thrown 12 balls in a row, and then barely hits the corner, but doesn't get the strike call. Gee, do ya think?

Who gives a !@#$ what the Bills did to themselves?  The fact remains that despite their mistakes, the Bills were right there in the game until the very end, and the refs screwed up at least 3 plays that had scoring implications for the Pats, to the tune of 17 points.  That's inexcusable, period.

What a joke!  You are talking about a play that NEVER happened, since Givens didn't catch the ball, and therefore he could not have fumbled it.  Even if Fletcher HADN'T fumbled it out of the endzone, causing it to not be reviewed, I'm glad the Bills didn't benefit from the ineptitude of the refs on that play, just as I was glad that McGee's INT earlier in the game was overturned on review.  The refs got both right after IR and one hurt and the other helped the Bills, but guess what?  They were ultimately the RIGHT calls on review.  But they should have been made in real-time.  I guess I have a different sets of mores than some people here, but I want the PLAYERS to decide games, not the mistakes of the zebras and whoever gets the benefit of their ineptitude, because contrary to popular belief, it DOES NOT all even out in the end.

61037[/snapback]

Oh yeah, and one more thing........if you're so worried about whining on what the refs do on the field......go to ref school, and work your way up to get a job at a high level of football. Otherwise, there will always be human error.

You're probably one of those parents at a youth game who blame referees, but when it comes to sign up and volunteer to do it yourself, you're no where to be found!

Hmm... you ALMOST had me with that post, I mean, I'm pissed off too by the sloppy play and the coachspeak response, BUT, your take just doesn't account for what I saw out there on the field - I was at the Jacksonville game, and I can tell you that we were just pounding the hell out of 'em on both sides of the ball.  WE DID inflict our will on them.  It took a miracle for them to pull that one out.  The Raiders played a bit more physical, but even in that game we pushed them around a bit.  Now, the Pats game you might be right on the money about, but I'll tell you, we played the Pats a lot tougher than many other teams I watched play them... I'm just not ready to buy into what you're saying...

CT

61080[/snapback]

OK, my opinion is no better than yours.....but can you tell me......How the hell did we pound Jacksonville? A ten point pounding? At home? Oh, yeah, I was there too, and while I think we played OK, we far from pounded them AT HOME. The Raiders.......well, we had three points. Got some garbage late, on a lucky play, and made it seem alot closer than it was.

The NE game, oh yeah, I was there too, we competed better I think. But when the chips were on the table......we failed......AGAIN. And we scored ZERO points in the 2nd half, and played like morons. Just my opinion, but it's damn near impossible to like this team. I love the Buffalo Bills, but I'm really starting to hate this group of players representing our team.

In their first two games, NE had exactly TWO three-n-outs. They also scored on every opening drive, as they did to us. But we we held them to three or four three-n-outs by the time we were into the third quarter, if memory serves.

61086[/snapback]

If that is correct, which it probably isn't totally accurate, but if it is.......gee.......so in the most important game of the year, at home, we stopped them a few times in a row. Big Friggin Deal.

This, in a game that we had to have, and in a game that Belicheck said his team basically played like stevestojan.

If we mounted any kind of sustained attack in the 2nd half, we win. We were totally outclassed in the 2nd half. And the last fumble sums up the last 3 1/2 years of Buffalo Bills football.

OK, my opinion is no better than yours.....but can you tell me......How the hell did we pound Jacksonville?  A ten point pounding?  At home?  Oh, yeah, I was there too, and while I think we played OK, we far from pounded them AT HOME.  The Raiders.......well, we had three points.  Got some garbage late, on a lucky play, and made it seem alot closer than it was.

The NE game, oh yeah, I was there too, we competed better I think.  But when the chips were on the table......we failed......AGAIN.  And we scored ZERO points in the 2nd half, and played like morons.  Just my opinion, but it's damn near impossible to like this team.  I love the Buffalo Bills, but I'm really starting to hate this group of players representing our team.

61143[/snapback]

Well, obviously we didn't pound them in the scoring department, but in terms of just physically pounding them, imposing our will as you say, we sure as sh%t did that to the Jaguars. We were really wearing down their offense - at one point I was sure Leftwich just wanted to go home. Henry was running well - even though he wasn't getting yards, our line and TH were being very physical against a tough defense at the point of attack. Same thing against the Raiders, same thing against the Pats. If your point is only that this team is getting outscored and is making stupid, stupid mistakes, well, no f'ing kidding. But to say they lack confidence and lack physicality is just wrong at this point, IMO.

Well, obviously we didn't pound them in the scoring department, but in terms of just physically pounding them, imposing our will as you say, we sure as sh%t did that to the Jaguars.  We were really wearing down their offense - at one point I was sure Leftwich just wanted to go home.  Henry was running well - even though he wasn't getting yards, our line and TH were being very physical against a tough defense at the point of attack.  Same thing against the Raiders, same thing against the Pats.  If your point is only that this team is getting outscored and is making stupid, stupid mistakes, well, no f'ing kidding.  But to say they lack confidence and lack physicality is just wrong at this point, IMO.

61147[/snapback]

NO friggin way. Henry doesn't even have a 100 yard game for christ's sakes. Pounding people? Pounding Jax? Are you kidding me? Leftwich wanting to go home? Yeah, at times, he looked shell shocked. Here's a news flash about Jax though.......THEY SUCK ON OFFENSE. They haven't done jack-stevestojan against anyone this year.

Imposed our will? I'm sorry, but we did not impose our will on them. We pounded them one time with McGahee, and of course, we couldn't sustain it and messed it up, and then, for one drive, and some idiotic plays by our secondary vets (Nate Clements), and LB London Fletcher (a repeat offender) we again bumbled it away.

Dumbest team in pro football. And it's not like it's kids making the mistakes. It's vets folks. And it's old.

Oh gimme a friggin break.  Quit whining about the refs calls for christ's sakes..  And I'm talking about a play THAT DID HAPPEN.  And because we are the absolute dumbest team in football at this point, we DIDN'T MAKE OUR OWN BREAKS.  The play would have went BIG TIME our way, and ONLY because of Fletcher's stupidity (which he has displayed multiple times this year), we lost the play.

No, "we lost the play" because it NEVER HAPPENED! Do you understand that concept? Givens didn't fumble. The zebras screwed that call up (also) and only after IR was it proven that they screwed up. Had Fletcher not fumbled out of the EZ, the Bills likely would have "gotten away" with it, which I guess to you is "good play," but it's certainly not to me? I'm sure you also decried that damn TV timeout that gave the Patsies enough time to review McGee's apparent INT of Brady in the EZ of their FG drive, right? And again, that also would have been "good play" if allowed to stand, right? Sorry but I guess we differ on the fundamental difference between what is a good play and what is not, and whether !@#$-ups by the zebras and "getting away with it" constitutes a "good play" or not. To clarify my position, I hate when the zebras !@#$ up IN FAVOR of my team, as well as AGAINST my team.

At least be another "I'm a fan who watches tape" apologist.  But jesus, quit blaming referees......at least until we clean up our own sloppy play.

If we continue to bumble along, and make stupid plays game after game......we'll keep continuing to be on the short end of calls.

This is an interesting concept. So because the Bills played sloppy at times, they deserved to get screwed by the zebras? That's like saying that that girl that Kobe Bryant allegedly raped DESERVED to be raped because she was a slut. Good call (NOT!). And I saw a lot of "sloppy play" by the Pats, including stupid personal fouls that were NOT called. Why weren't they? Why did Fletcher get a FP for legally hitting Brady, but Vrabel was allowed to spin Bledsoe to the turf after whistles where blowing and everyone else let-up? Why was Harrison allowed to headhunt a defenseless Neufeld? Why was Wilfork allowed to bash Jennings in the helmet WITH his helmet? Sorry but I consider that stupid and dirty play, but again, they got away with it, which is stevestojan.

Your whining like a Major League Baseball pitcher who has thrown 12 balls in a row, and then barely hits the corner, but doesn't get the strike call.  Gee, do ya think?

61135[/snapback]

Get a clue. The missed/covered-up fumbles are there on tape for ALL to see, even someone with little NFL knowledge. They're not judgement calls like holding, or the (largely subjective) strike zone. If you can actually say that those guys did NOT fumble, and didn't affect the game since they were on TD drives, like I said, you need to get a clue.