Monty Brown signs with WWE

Since we all know this is fake, what good does "calling out VM" do?  Are they hoping that VM will help script matches between the two "leagues?"

839542[/snapback]

Basically they want VM to get all hot and bothered, and then make some sort of response on WWE tv. The the fans say, "hmmm...guess we should tune into this TNA stuff to see what else is going to happen!" That's what Vince did to WCW 8 years ago....it was brilliant. But he's not stupid enough to fall for this crap.

And sure, it's all fake....but I'm talking about from a business perspective only. VM is a billionaire now. He's a genius when it comes to the world of pro wrestling.....you can't beat him at his own game.

Yeah.....

I sort of cringed when I saw that. I realize they've put the World Title on Sting. I realize they've stolen Christian and Kurt Angle. I realize they've gotten themselves a primetime cable spot. But I think they're pushing their luck calling out the WWE this early.

But I love 'em anyways  :w00t:

839529[/snapback]

I have my DVR set to record Raw and TNA each week, but usually I spend all of about five or ten mins checking out what happened. One of the people who usually got me to lay off the fast forward was Angle. I have a ton of respect for the guy, and I was disgusted when I heard that Vince told him his gold medal didn't mean sh--. What an !@#$! As far as I can tell, Angle punked McMahon pretty good. He used his (apparent) marital issues and poor health as the basis for why he wanted out of his contract. VM seems to have been trying to do the right thing by letting him out, and then Angle goes and signs with TNA a month later, lol. Pretty cool :lol:

I disagree about Angle, that was kind of low and childish of him.

Vince would be right, his medals mean nothing in the WWE, it was over 10 years ago that he won them, we get it, ou are an olympic champion, but it don't mean shite in the WWE.

Its sad to say that because I was a big Kurt Angle fan, now he goes from the big show to the bush league. The WWE moved him to ECW to lead that show and he leaves because Vince wasn't grateful and praising Angle for some olympic medals h won 10+ years ago?

I disagree about Angle, that was kind of low and childish of him.

Vince would be right, his medals mean nothing in the WWE, it was over 10 years ago that he won them, we get it, ou are an olympic champion, but it don't mean shite in the WWE.

Its sad to say that because I was a big Kurt Angle fan, now he goes from the big show to the bush league. The WWE moved him to ECW to lead that show and he leaves because Vince wasn't grateful and praising Angle for some olympic medals h won 10+ years ago?

840049[/snapback]

someone doesnt know what really happened. he didnt just jump ship, wwe wouldnt let him wrestle (physical/mental condition). he went out and found someone who would.

tna is bush league for now, but with the move to prime time and if they ever give them a 2 hour show... they will turn some heads. not even close to competing yet... but their wrestling product (strictly wrestling... not announcers, mic talent, rest of the show, etc) is better than wwe's right now.

roh is bomb though. best wrestling i have ever seen.

someone doesnt know what really happened. he didnt just jump ship, wwe wouldnt let him wrestle (physical/mental condition). he went out and found someone who would.

tna is bush league for now, but with the move to prime time and if they ever give them a 2 hour show... they will turn some heads. not even close to competing yet... but their wrestling product (strictly wrestling... not announcers, mic talent, rest of the show, etc) is better than wwe's right now.

roh is bomb though. best wrestling i have ever seen.

840062[/snapback]

It depends, I've watched both and the only thing that I dislike about the WWE is there is way to much storylines and too little action. Recently on Raw, I was surprised to see them go with a long match with Jeff Hardy (one of my favorites when he is allowed to do his high flying stuff) and Johnny Nitro (with the hottest Vallet EVER). They put on a very good match and was surprised to see it go on for a while. Usually most matches these days are too predictable and way to short. I'm also sick of the return of so many "Legends" to active wrestling. Atleast if your going to come back, be in shape. Pipper looks horrible now, Hacksaw Jim Duggan was doing appearances in Port Colborne Ontario a couple weeks before he came back to WWE, Dusty Rhodes, Sgt. Slaughter, Hulk Hogan are all guys that should call it a career already and stay away. Even Rick Flair should have called it quits already (even though he still competes regularly and doesn't look too bad)

TNA just seems to gimmicky right now (six sidded ring) and needs some better talent not thrown away by the WWE.

Basically they want VM to get all hot and bothered, and then make some sort of response on WWE tv. The the fans say, "hmmm...guess we should tune into this TNA stuff to see what else is going to happen!"  That's what Vince did to WCW 8 years ago....it was brilliant. But he's not stupid enough to fall for this crap.

And sure, it's all fake....but I'm talking about from a business perspective only. VM is a billionaire now. He's a genius when it comes to the world of pro wrestling.....you can't beat him at his own game.

WCW was owned by Ted Turner, so it had the financial backing to keep going forever. McMahon had been trying for years to buy them out and end the only real competition for pro wrestling that the then WWF had, but Turner wasn't budging. Finally Turner realized that WCW would never get any bigger and would have 2nd-rate characters/wrestlers/ratings/earnings and caved.

And as for TNA, I agree that with their prime time slot now, they'll be ready to be bought-out soon enough.

I think the buyout of WCW was the worst thing Vince has done, (except for showing his @ss all the time on the air) because I have noticed from that time their product has gone down hill becuase there is no longer any competition to force the product to get better so they get lazy and come up with stupid story lines and matches.

WCW was owned by Ted Turner, so it had the financial backing to keep going forever.  McMahon had been trying for years to buy them out and end the only real competition for pro wrestling that the then WWF had, but Turner wasn't budging.  Finally Turner realized that WCW would never get any bigger and would have 2nd-rate characters/wrestlers/ratings/earnings and caved.

And as for TNA, I agree that with their prime time slot now, they'll be ready to be bought-out soon enough.

840157[/snapback]

That's not quite right, actually. Turner was bought out by Time Warner, and Time Warner made the decision to sell to Vince. My understanding is that Turner was pissed over the whole thing, particularly when VM bought the WCW tape library for what basically amouts to peanuts. That's why you see so many compliation videos coming out now, cause WWE has tons of footage from a much larger majority of a wrestler's past and can make a much more comprehensive prgram. But both of these transactions were out of Turner's hands.

It depends, I've watched both and the only thing that I dislike about the WWE is there is way to much storylines and too little action. Recently on Raw, I was surprised to see them go with a long match with Jeff Hardy (one of my favorites when he is allowed to do his high flying stuff) and Johnny Nitro (with the hottest Vallet EVER). They put on a very good match and was surprised to see it go on for a while. Usually most matches these days are too predictable and way to short. I'm also sick of the return of so many "Legends" to active wrestling. Atleast if your going to come back, be in shape. Pipper looks horrible now, Hacksaw Jim Duggan was doing appearances in Port Colborne Ontario a couple weeks before he came back to WWE, Dusty Rhodes, Sgt. Slaughter, Hulk Hogan are all guys that should call it a career already and stay away. Even Rick Flair should have called it quits already (even though he still competes regularly and doesn't look too bad)

TNA just seems to gimmicky right now (six sidded ring) and needs some better talent not thrown away by the WWE.

840082[/snapback]

The way Angle explained it wasn't that Vince said his medal didn't mean jack "in the WWE". Angle said it as though VM was totally disregarding what he accomplished. I agree about all the gimmicks and drama....that's why I only take ten mins to FF through the recordings :lol:

What keeps me still moderately interested in wrestling is the psychology and strategy behind getting someone over. VM and the WWE are masters at "creating" stars. It's pretty rare that a superstar just shows up. Time and time again they have taken someone who was an "average" personna elsewhere and turned him into a superstar. How many WWE guys have gone on to star in movies, for gosh sakes?? Granted, most of them are crap, but the point is that these guy are reaching a certain level of popularity that makes them viable as a marketable film star. VM is a brilliant when it comes to business and marketing.

Monty was shaped like a V he had the best chest and upper body muscles that I ever saw on the team but from the waist down skinny like Shane Collins.

On the softer side Monty could fold a napkin into a rose with out a tear in it. I still have mine.

He was a Law major. Guess he gave that up. Still single too

I'm not saying they don't have talent, just not much at the moment. Most of their talent is all ex WWE wrestlers (i.e. Angle, Christian, Rhino, Billy Gunn)

843785[/snapback]

from that quote its obvious that you aren't seeing the real talent in tna. i'll give you angle making a huge difference... but their best wrestlers are no names. their x division is amazing to watch (styles, daniels, saban, senshi, jay lethal, sonjay dutt). somoa joe is a monster and probably the best american professional wrestler (close competition with angle) right now. they do push guys everyone knows, but its just to get people to watch their product. not many casual fans wanna would turn in to watch a bunch of no names kick the crap out of each other... but if they tune for people they know and see these young guys ripping it up, fans are born.

as for gimmicky? i don't think so. the six sided ring is an obvious attempt to set themselves apart from the wwe, but not any more than anything else in the wrestling business. i respect the hell out of tna, but changes need to be made before they get any respect in the wrestling business.