McNabb...1 or 2 TD's this week

inkman

The pass play which included a fumble which was then advanced for a TD has been ruled both a passing TD and a fumble recovery TD. So which is it? There is a big debate in one of my leagues. This is the difference between me losing and winning, and more to the point will move me a step closer to missing/making the playoffs. The leagues top prize is usually over $800 and if I miss the playoffs I'll be seriously pissed.

In my ESPN league, they control the official scorings and the recordings of stats. It was originally recorded as 1 TD. Yesterday, however, teh Eagles PR dept. released a statement saying that they reviewed the film and were changing the ruling from a fumble recovery to a passing TD for McNabb. Eliasa picked up on it, now the NFL is picking up on it. So it is officially a TD pass for McNabb and the appropriate changes should be made in your league.

I technically was marked down for a "loss" in my league, losing by 10 points. After the rectification, I ended up winning by 1 point, 113-112.

It is chincy, but it is the correct ruling.

This is from ESPN's fantasy website:

The Elias Sports Bureau officially changed the touchdown play by Eagles RB Correll Buckhalter in last Sunday's game vs. Washington. They ruled that Reggie Brown did not have possession of the ball and, therefore, did not fumble. The play, which occurred with 10:57 remaining in the second quarter, is now being scored as a 55-yard TD pass from McNabb to Buckhalter. Check the NFL scoring updates for all the details.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.