Oh boy...

SACTOBILLSFAN

Well I'm leaving on Saturday for one of my least favorite places in the US and A. Houston freaking Texas. I've never been there in the fall, but I'm sure its just as schitty as it is in the summer only its probably a little cooler, which will be pleasant so I don't have to watch all the fat asses there sweating like they were late for a lunch special. Plus i get to watch two "football" teams try and jockey for the higher draft pick which they will subsequently screw up in April (not saying I don't like Whitner, but we'll probably still f*** it up cuz we're the Bills). I paid $145 for this ticket and don't want to use it, I could make better use of my time sniffing glue, or beating myself with a hammer. But alas I will go this game, with my JP jersey on, watch these two pathetic franchises battle it out on the gridiron, then drive home pissed off because we lost or because we had -31 yards on offense but somehow managed to suck less than Houston and win the game 4-3 in a pitchers dual.

This is the first time in our relationship that I told my girlfriend I would rather spend the weekend with her than watching the Bills game. Well I've told her that before but thats another story. I go to one Bills home game per year and one road game, and for the first time in a long time I am considering cutting out the Bills and making it a Sabres home stand that I come home for, because hell they're competitive. Anyways, I think it all really hit rock bottom for me as a Bills fan tonight when I ginned up the TiVo to watch the Sabres/Sens, and forget about how bad my weekend is going to be, when the following statement is uttered by the commentators:

"There are only single tickets left for the rest of the season." says Canuck #1

"Yeah this community is really feeding off of their hockey team. Its really good to see." says Canuck #2

"Yeah it sure is. And it doesn't hurt that their football team is so horrible." Then chuckles that stupid Canadian chuckle.

There you have it. Our team is being made fun of not just by OUR ridiculous media, but by the media in a country that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of world happenings. Life as a Bills fan is beginning to really suck.

Dave

PS - I am beginning to become a very negative person, which also sucks.

BECOMING a negative person? :D

Man, You were a lot more cheerful before the home opener (weren't we all?). Look at the good folks from TBD who will be tailgating there, do a bowling ball shot - heck do several, give Aussiew a hug from the Rockpile, and kwitcherbitching! :lol:

It is raining here in WNY, as it has been since about May. I am sure Houston will be nicer. I wish I had the time and cash to be there!

It's just a game. Make that your mantra (and get some sleep!).

:P

Well I'm leaving on Saturday for one of my least favorite places in the US and A. Houston freaking Texas.  I've never been there in the fall, but I'm sure its just as schitty as it is in the summer only its probably a little cooler, which will be pleasant so I don't have to watch all the fat asses there sweating like they were late for a lunch special.  Plus i get to watch two "football" teams try and jockey for the higher draft pick which they will subsequently screw up in April (not saying I don't like Whitner, but we'll probably still f*** it up cuz we're the Bills). I paid $145 for this ticket and don't want to use it, I could make better use of my time sniffing glue, or beating myself with a hammer. But alas I will go this game, with my JP jersey on, watch these two pathetic franchises battle it out on the gridiron, then drive home pissed off because we lost or because we had -31 yards on offense but somehow managed to suck less than Houston and win the game 4-3 in a pitchers dual.

This is the first time in our relationship that I told my girlfriend I would rather spend the weekend with her than watching the Bills game. Well I've told her that before but thats another story. I go to one Bills home game per year and one road game, and for the first time in a long time I am considering cutting out the Bills and making it a Sabres home stand that I come home for, because hell they're competitive. Anyways, I think it all really hit rock bottom for me as a Bills fan tonight when I ginned up the TiVo to watch the Sabres/Sens, and forget about how bad my weekend is going to be, when the following statement is uttered by the commentators:

"There are only single tickets left for the rest of the season." says Canuck #1

"Yeah this community is really feeding off of their hockey team. Its really good to see." says Canuck #2

"Yeah it sure is. And it doesn't hurt that their football team is so horrible." Then chuckles that stupid Canadian chuckle.

There you have it. Our team is being made fun of not just by OUR ridiculous media, but by the media in a country that really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of world happenings.  Life as a Bills fan is beginning to really suck.

Dave

PS - I am beginning to become a very negative person, which also sucks.

838541[/snapback]