FSU - Wish Granted

bartshan-83

In other news, spontaneous partying has erupted down here on FSU's campus!

This is the best football news FSU fans have had all season. There is now hope!

836766[/snapback]

Hell, there's going to be some partying up here in Illinois as well!!!! What a great day!!!!

Hey Ramius,  has Bobby said anything about the situation yet?

836861[/snapback]

bobby's quote was that he wasnt going to go into detail about anything right now. "its a very emotional time for me and its emotionally draining on the entire family" But he also said he was very disappointed in Jeff's decision.

The official word according to our AD is, "Jeff initiated contact with me (the AD) and we realized and agreed we were on a mutual plane of existence with each other regarding jeff's future with the team"

bobby's quote was that he wasnt going to go into detail about anything right now. "its a very emotional time for me and its emotionally draining on the entire family" But he also said he was very disappointed in Jeff's decision.

The official word according to our AD is, "Jeff initiated contact with me (the AD) and we realized and agreed we were on a mutual plane of existence with each other regarding jeff's future with the team"

836903[/snapback]

It's just the 1st step - Darryl Dickey needs to follow Jeff, and maybe Billy Sexton as well. Once we upgrade those staff positions, then I'll celebrate.

But for now, it's a good start... :blink:

836903[/snapback]

As a parent, I could understand Bobby's point. But I also live in the real world. If things truly happened as the AD said they did, I'll give Jeff credit for finally getting a clue and doing the right thing.

It's just the 1st step - Darryl Dickey needs to follow Jeff, and maybe Billy Sexton as well.  Once we upgrade those staff positions, then I'll celebrate.

But for now, it's a good start... :blink:

836917[/snapback]

Exactly. I thought Sexton was supposed to be getting an administrative job within the Athletic dept though? Or did I mis-read something?

IIRC, the talk about that was more along the lines of forcing Sexton into an admin job, and that he didn't want that. So I think Bobby backed off of that idea, but I could be wrong.

I definitely think Sexton and Dickey are gone, one way or another, after this year, so I hope Bobby and Dave Hart make a concerted effort to find some good, no-ties-to-Bowden coaches to fill those spots.

IIRC, the talk about that was more along the lines of forcing Sexton into an admin job, and that he didn't want that.  So I think Bobby backed off of that idea, but I could be wrong. 

I definitely think Sexton and Dickey are gone, one way or another, after this year, so I hope Bobby and Dave Hart make a concerted effort to find some good, no-ties-to-Bowden coaches to fill those spots.

836958[/snapback]

I definitely hope Dickey is gone since he was "in" on game planning with JB. It will be interesting to see if they actually do try and find somone with no ties to Bobby. I am thinking that McHale will be a candidate for the OC since he held that position at Marshal.

It maybe because I was more focused on JB and DD, but what was the issue with Sexton?

IIRC, the talk about that was more along the lines of forcing Sexton into an admin job, and that he didn't want that.  So I think Bobby backed off of that idea, but I could be wrong. 

836958[/snapback]

Agreed. A lot fo people think that Jeff resigning will start a domino effect with a bunch of offensive coaches being let go. Plus the new coordinator is going to want his own guys. I'll be royally pissed if they bring in a bobby yes-man to do what he says tho.

Honestly, I don't remember. A lot of that happened after I left Tallahassee, so I didn't follow it as closely as I did when I went to school there.

On a side note, there are a lot of window-lickers on the Warchant.com message boards who want to run McHale out of town with Sexton and Dickey, even though he's only been on the job about 18 months, and is in the process of installing a new scheme with new types of linemen.

Honestly, I don't remember.  A lot of that happened after I left Tallahassee, so I didn't follow it as closely as I did when I went to school there. 

On a side note, there are a lot of window-lickers on the Warchant.com message boards who want to run McHale out of town with Sexton and Dickey, even though he's only been on the job about 18 months, and is in the process of installing a new scheme with new types of linemen.

836984[/snapback]

I am with you and not convinced McHale is the problem on this one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.