It's official: Butch Davis HC at UNC

EC-Bills

linky

No if only FSU can do something as inspiring with their staff.  I don't care if it's HC or whatever.  Okay I do care, that we get a new OC,  but the only way that is goind to happen is if we get a new HC. I'll stop rambling now.

835849[/snapback]

bobby's getting torn to pieces today on the radio. especially since he tossed our players under the bus and decided that weatherford is starting next week. :doh:

Lets see, weatherford gets benched for poor play in our first 7 games. Xavier Lee takes over at QB and plays 2 decent games, not to mention hes a hell of a lot more athletic. Xavier starts off 5-13 with 2 int's against wake, and bobby pulls him. weatherford proceeds to go 4-15 with 2 int's and bobby decides that drew is starting next week.

that senile fat sh-- needs to step down and get someone competent in there.

bobby's getting torn to pieces today on the radio. especially since he tossed our players under the bus and decided that weatherford is starting next week.  :doh:

Lets see, weatherford gets benched for poor play in our first 7 games. Xavier Lee takes over at QB and plays 2 decent games, not to mention hes a hell of a lot more athletic. Xavier starts off 5-13 with 2 int's against wake, and bobby pulls him. weatherford proceeds to go 4-15 with 2 int's and bobby decides that drew is starting next week.

835851[/snapback]

I was going to ask you what you thought about Bowden, but I guess you just answered it.

Is there anyone in house that can take over? Or do you have to start that task of searching around the country.

Maybe Coker could move up the state a bit! :D

bobby's getting torn to pieces today on the radio. especially since he tossed our players under the bus and decided that weatherford is starting next week.  :doh:

835851[/snapback]

Figures he would do something like that. Did he get the pre-requisite, if Jeffery wasn't my son, this wouldn't be an issue crap in? He's probably developing the same hard-on for Weatherford that he had for Rix. I would rather have Xavier anyday. Only question will be at the end of the season is if the university president grows a pair and does something about it.

I was going to ask you what you thought about Bowden, but I guess you just answered it.

Is there anyone in house that can take over? Or do you have to start that task of searching around the country.

Maybe Coker could move up the state a bit!  :doh:

835878[/snapback]

Only person in house would be the LB coach Steele. Since he came on board, they have improved recruiting immensly after the drop-off they experienced when Chuck Amato and Mark Richt left. I used to think Richt was a terrible OC, but after seeing JB in action, I was wrong. I would take Richt back in heartbeat for HC.

Maybe Coker could move up the state a bit!  :doh:

835878[/snapback]

Ok, so my reaction was a bit over the top. But Bobby really is losing it. He's, in all honestly, a shell of the offensive genius he used to be. The onyl way i could stand him coming back next year is if they completely overhaul the offensive staff and bobby gives up control. Stand on the sidelines bobby, look pretty, and collect your wins.

Honestly, he's gotten bad. To the point of attacking the fans bad. This past week, he threw the players under the bus after the game. Funny, because whenever a player is interviewed, they always make comments on how they are not well coached and they feel the coaches arent preparing them enough for the games. And that there is no semblance of a coherent game plan. Against Wake, weatherford had to go to the QB coach and ask him what was going wrong, and what could he do to correct it, because the coach was doing nothing on the sidelines. Not even talking wiht him afetr the drives.

Also, whenever bobby gets asked a difficult question, or a question he doesnt want to answer, he attacks them and gets defensive. Its gotten to the point that almost every week he tells us fans and the media that we dont/didnt coach football so we dont have any idea what we are talking about. The media has, and the fans are turning on bobby and the program. But the president wont do anything about it, because he played for bobby back in the 70s.

Ok, so my reaction was a bit over the top. But Bobby really is losing it. He's, in all honestly, a shell of the offensive genius he used to be. The onyl way i could stand him coming back next year is if they completely overhaul the offensive staff and bobby gives up control. Stand on the sidelines bobby, look pretty, and collect your wins.

Honestly, he's gotten bad. To the point of attacking the fans bad. This past week, he threw the players under the bus after the game. Funny, because whenever a player is interviewed, they always make comments on how they are not well coached and they feel the coaches arent preparing them enough for the games. And that there is no semblance of a coherent game plan. Against Wake, weatherford had to go to the QB coach and ask him what was going wrong, and what could he do to correct it, because the coach was doing nothing on the sidelines. Not even talking wiht him afetr the drives.

Also, whenever bobby gets asked a difficult question, or a question he doesnt want to answer, he attacks them and gets defensive. Its gotten to the point that almost every week he tells us fans and the media that we dont/didnt coach football so we dont have any idea what we are talking about. The media has, and the fans are turning on bobby and the program. But the president wont do anything about it, because he played for bobby back in the 70s.

836077[/snapback]

That sucks. I saw an interview with BB last week and I saw his condescending attitude.

Question: How is the campus newspaper handling this? Are the students making an outrage, or is it just the fans?

I know Jenn Sterger writes for SI (I got to meet her at the Rutgers game :doh: ), anyone tried to get her to write a not too flattering piece? The more negative news coming out of this, the more pressure put on BB to resign.

A bad season or two and everyone is jumping on Bobby Bowden's case

FSU needs to follow the example of my beloved Nittany Lions and just chill.  Paterno went thru a rough couple seasons, survived the calls for his head, and got State back on track

836157[/snapback]

Unless I am mistaken, Peterno did make changes to his coaching staff. All Bobby has done in the last few years is make the OL coach take the fall for Jeff's incompetence.

A bad season or two and everyone is jumping on Bobby Bowden's case

FSU needs to follow the example of my beloved Nittany Lions and just chill.  Paterno went thru a rough couple seasons, survived the calls for his head, and got State back on track

836157[/snapback]

actually more like 5 straight seasons where our offense has gone to sh--.

bobby can stay, but only if makes a clean sweep of the offensive staff. but so far he's refused change anything

Unless I am mistaken, Peterno did make changes to his coaching staff.

836164[/snapback]

Good God man, he brought in Galen Hall (who coached Florida in the 70's ?), not exactly a fresh move.

And Butch Davis to North Carolina after Spurrier to South Carolina ? They both look like "lifestyle" moves -- they aren't exactly attractive jobs. I guess its true that you can't go home again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.