on to next week

dave mcbride

Hey guys.....Texans fan stopping by to talk about the upcoming game.  With the way our season has gone, I'm not really sure how to look at this one.  We're coming off a win against the Jags (I love beating the Jags) -  so we may have the confidence, but that game cost us some players.  What are yall's thoughts on this one?

P.S.  I was rooting for you against the Colts last week.  Wish y'all could have pulled that one off....

836278[/snapback]

Thoughts...

Your team is playing w/ confidence now. We aren't.

Mario Williams is getting better pressure on QBs lately. The guy looks pretty tough. The fact that he's playing through what has to be some serious pain is impressive.

DeMeco Ryans is a monster! I expect to see him all over the field Sunday.

Andre Johnson is having a stellar year. He could rip up our secondary the way Roy Williams did when we lost to Detroit.

Too bad Charles Spencer got hurt. He was looking like a pretty good left tackle. I was surprised, as I thought he was a more natural fit @ guard. Hopefully, he'll rebound.

Maybe Lundy will turn out the be the back the Texans need. Maybe not.

I hope the Bills win this one. I don't go into games expecting them to win; too much heartbreak results when you do.

I have no earthly idea how this game's going to go. I thought the Texans were a joke team, and then you guys go and beat Jacksonville. I thought the Texans didn't have fans, but here you are. It seems I've been underestimating your team.

How strong would you say the Texans team is this year? How good is your pass rush, your running game, your offensive line, etc.?

836709[/snapback]

Actually we have a ton of fans - and we love our new stadium and our Tailgating.

As far as our team - were improving every game. This win was costly, but it looks like Carr has been upgraded to questionable. Our D is looking good, but our pass rush still needs some work - though it's improved vastly from the beginning of the season. Our O-Line is a little banged up right now. We went through a fumble-itis period and at one point our Coach benched David Carr for the second half of the game. Since then, the last two games have been a great improvement as a Team and our morale is up. Our Secondary was non-existent in the first part of the season but that has improved also.

Our Rookies are making the the Coaching Staff look like they knew what they were doing after all during the draft. DeMeco Ryans, Mario Williams, Owen Daniels - They are on fire!

Actually we have a ton of fans - and we love our new stadium and our Tailgating.

As far as our team - were improving every game.  This win was costly, but it looks like Carr has been upgraded to questionable.  Our D is looking good, but our pass rush still needs some work - though it's improved vastly from the beginning of the season.  Our O-Line is a little banged up right now.  We went through a fumble-itis period and at one point our Coach benched David Carr  for the second half of the game.  Since then, the last two games have been a great improvement as a Team and our morale is up.  Our Secondary was non-existent in the first part of the season but that has improved also.

Our Rookies are making the the Coaching Staff look like they knew what they were doing after all during the draft.  DeMeco Ryans, Mario Williams, Owen Daniels - They are on fire!

836987[/snapback]

It sounds like your team is on the right track. Given the misery your fans have endured over the years, you guys deserve some wins.

I heard a stat on the radio from Don Banks that said in their history Houston is 6-4 all time against the Jaguars & something like 15-44 against the rest of the league. With that being said I think this game is a tossup with the edge going to Houston because they are at home.

I think the Texans are probably about a 3 point pick mainly because they are home. If the Bills offense manages another 250 yard game this week then they should just blow it up. I think the D will play respectable like they usually do and will give the O a couple short field situations.

Yeah if I see Losman throw for another 80 yards I think Im done watching them for the rest of the season & I have season tickets. I will probably still go to the games but I will just stay in the parking lot & drink during the game. 3 of the 6 guys I go with already do that anyway & actually make fun of the 3 of us that still go into the games. Man it is depressing to be a bills fan right now.

I think the Texans are probably about a 3 point pick mainly because they are home. If the Bills offense manages another 250 yard game this week then they should just blow it up.  I think the D will play respectable like they usually do and will give the O a couple short field situations.

837623[/snapback]

BTW, I would be thrilled with a 250 yard game. That would be a major improvement. I dont think this team is capable of racking up more then 200 yards in a 4 quarter football game.