Bart's College Standings (BCS)

bartshan-83

It seems there is already a thread for the other BCS...so I'll just go straight to the real rankings.

Bart's College Standings

1. OSU (--)

2. Michigan (--)

3. Florida (+1)

4. ND (+2)

5. USC (+2)

6. Arkansas (+5)

7. Rutgers (NR)

8. LSU (+4)

9. Wisconsin (+4)

10. WVU

Honorable mention (in order): Texas, UL, Boise St.

- I've tried very hard to grade ND out evenly this year, and I have not been disapointed about their rankings too much because of their inconsistency. However, this week has me a little confused. Any poll that puts us behind Arkansas and USC doesn't sit well with me. Anyway, it is what it is, hopefully Florida will drop one in the SEC title game.

- Rutgers: I give them respect, but not top 5 respect. I think they are an excellent team, but I would like to see them win another big game after that emotional ride vs. Louisville. UL had a similar win at WVU, but couldn't keep it going. Now that Rutgers is back down from Cloud 9, they need to show that their big win wasn't an adrenaline filled abberation (which I don't think it was). If they beat WVU convincingly, it would be hard to keep them out of the title game, IMO.

- UF: They really don't impress me that much anymore. Too many mistakes. But in this year of lackluster dominant teams, they are the best of the rest for now.

- UL: They are still a very good team. Ran into a buzzsaw in NJ, but that doesn't change the fact that they are a dominant offense. BCS? Probably not, but top 15, no doubt.

- Glad I was finally able to get rid of Auburn. They suck.

- Another sweet performance by LSU...I think they just might be the best team in the SEC. Take away that terrible overturned PI call v. Auburn and they are probably ranked #5 right now. I think they would take UF in a rematch, especially on a neutral field.

- Boise St....any team that wins their first 10 games is impressive.

1. Ohio State- Look to be on all cylinders

2. Michigan- Manningham is back and didn't miss a beat. Need to force 2-3 turnovers to beat OSU.

3. USC- Offense is clicking and defense is back to opportunistic ways. Handled Oregon's explosive combo of Dixon at QB and Stewart at RB- held 'em to 10 pts. Dixon was scary because athletic QBs have torn USC up the past few years.

4. Notre Dame- Knock off Army next week to win the Commander in Chief trophy (j/k Bart) and then the big one in L.A.

5. Florida- I read a quote today that said their offense just can't seem to get out of their own way. Sounds about right. Two blocked FG's and a blocked XP gave them the white-knuckle 17-16 victory in the Swamp.

6. Arkansas- If they beat LSU and then Florida in the SEC title game, it's hard to keep them out of the BCS championship. Going undefeated in the SEC and losing only to USC in week 1 would be extremely impressive.

7. Wisconsin- Only loss came at Michigan. Stayed on track this week with a big road win at Iowa, playing without their starting QB Stocco. There hasn't been a team lately who can stop sophomore TE Travis Beckum.

8. Rutgers- Not undefeated for long, in my opinion. Watch out for the trap this week, after the emotional win vs. Louisville, they can't get caught looking ahead to WVU before they take care of tricky Cincinnatti. WVU rolls Rutgers regardless, IMO.

9. Boise State- Even though they'd probably get crushed by a few teams I'm leaving behind them, winning your first ten games gets you into my rankings. Hopefully they make a BCS game and play well. Typically, they are nothing special when they leave the blue turf.

10. LSU- Either the Tigers or Arkansas are the best team in the nation's most challenging conference. We'll find out on 11/24.

Outside looking in (11-15): WVU, Texas, Louisville, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech

1.OSU

2. Michigan

3. Rutgers

4. USC

5. Arkansas

6. ND

7. Florida

8. Wisconsin

9. Lousiville

10. WVU

Looking in: LSU, Boise State, Wake Forest, Texas

-I think Michigan will win this week. I might be wrong, but as long as it's not a blowout either way, the loser shouldn't drop.

-Rutgers is undefeated in a BCS conference. The beat the number three team, and all they have done is win. They are number 3 right now.

-USC-If Rutgers loses, USC should play for the national championship. I don't know if they could beat any of the top three, but it would be interesting games nonetheless.

-Arkansas has been on a tear lately. Can anyone stop them?

-Florida and ND have struggled too much lately to be put in the top five. Tell me, will ND be playing the Coast Guard this year

1. Ohio St.

2. Michigan

3. USC

4. Florida (as much as it hurts to do this)

5. Notre Dame

6. Arkansas

7. Wisconsin

8. LSU

9. Rutgers

10. Ga. Tech

outside looking in: UL, Boise St., WVU, Oklahoma

***Oklahoma should really be in the top 7 or 8, but that screw job against oregon is really gonna hurt them

the /dev/null standings. it really means nothing

1. Ohio State

2. Michigan

3. USC

4. Notre Dame

5. Florida

6. Arkansas

7. Rutgers

8. Boise State

9. LSU

10. Wisconsin

USC can lock up a spot in the title game with victories over Cal and Notre Dame

Notre Dame can lock up a spot in the title game by winning out (including a win against #3 USC) and by Michigan beating Ohio State. If ND wins out and OSU beats Mich, ND has no right being ranked over Michigan (who pwnt ND)

If both USC and ND lose at least 1 more game each, then the SEC Champion (Arkansas or Florida) should face the winner of OSU/Michigan

Rutgers and Boise state should face off in a BCS Bowl

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.