Why do people still support Jp?

Plus he's a nice guy.

834830[/snapback]

I'm not hating him for that. I respect him for being such a nice guy. That's GOOD!

Why do you hate him?

834821[/snapback]

I don't like that way he handles himself out on the field. He's been regressing not progressing it seems. He been making a lot of errors that would make a first time qb look good. He doesn't know how to get rid of the ball when he feels pressure. Like what happened today. He contributed in a big way to Lindell's missed field goal (wide right? Why does that sound familiar?).

I also am not pleased with the way he has developed. I feel like that the coaching staff has also begun to lose patience with Jp. His number of pass attempts have been diminishing each week. 13 pass attempts vs the Colts is not a lot. Plus we've been running the ball almost twice as much now. I think we've given Jp long enough to learn from his mistakes and learn how to be a decent qb in the league. What I'm trying to say is that I don't think I can stand going through the 07 season with Jp as our qb. I really don't see him flourshing into a good qb. I want to see a change. I really think that a different qb other than Jp gives us the best chance to win.

I really hope I'm not the only one here that does not support Jp. I hate being ridiculed by not liking Jp (or in people your cases, changing my mind on what I say, which I don't. I stand by my opinions). I want change. I'm sick of seeing Jp, regress each week. Personally I don't seeing him being the starting qb of this team much longer. I respect Jp but I just don't think he gives us the best chance to win, anymore. I want to see change. That either means benching Losman within the end of the season or drafting a qb (Smith, Quinn, etc) in the 1st round.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it occur to anyone that Jp, every week, seems to be regressing.  He's not getting better.

Over that past few weeks he's held on to the ball way too long which has lead to sacks, made terrible decisions while throwing the ball, and the coaching staff seems to be losing their confidence in Jp.  I seem to notice that they're running the ball more than passing.

Overall, it appears Jp is not getting better each week.  I haven't supported Jp since the day he started in 2005.  I think we've given Jp enough time to get better and he hasn't prove that he has.  So, why do people still support him?  He's not all that great of a qb.

834393[/snapback]

Because they don't want to go through 3 years of making excuses for another QB. It's always the same sh--, the playcalling, the offensive line, the lack of a blitz. I think you could just refresh the threads from 3 years ago and just replace DB with JP and you'd have the same arguments.

There are still people who support DREW, bro....why does it surprise you about JP? I'm not entirely off the JP bandwagon, but I am definitley in favor of Nall getting playing time. We should not have to rely on our D and ST to score our points.

He played fine today, he did everything the coaches could have asked.

He doesn't call the plays, it's not his fault that the ball had to go to Anthony Thomas on first, second, and third down.

He made a beautiful throw on the out by Lee Evans at one point, and a nice third down throw to him on the first drive of the game.

I'm not going to praise him for today's game, or last week's game, but there's been no reason to bash him for what he's done in the last 2 weeks.

There are still people who support DREW, bro....why does it surprise you about JP? I'm not entirely off the JP bandwagon, but I am definitley in favor of Nall getting playing time. We should not have to rely on our D and ST to score our points.

834399[/snapback]

!@#$ Nall. 0:)

How could people still support Drew.

Does it occur to anyone that Jp, every week, seems to be regressing.  He's not getting better.

Over that past few weeks he's held on to the ball way too long which has lead to sacks, made terrible decisions while throwing the ball, and the coaching staff seems to be losing their confidence in Jp.  I seem to notice that they're running the ball more than passing.

Overall, it appears Jp is not getting better each week.  I haven't supported Jp since the day he started in 2005.  I think we've given Jp enough time to get better and he hasn't prove that he has.  So, why do people still support him?  He's not all that great of a qb.

834393[/snapback]

Dude. I KNOW I am annoying to some people on this board .. but you take the cake. You are leading JoeSixPack for tard of the 2006 year. 1,000+ posts of crap about Losman.

Dude. I KNOW I am annoying to some people on this board .. but you take the cake. You are leading JoeSixPack for tard of the 2006 year. 1,000+ posts of crap about Losman.

834409[/snapback]

Actually 300, but I want to know why you support Jp so much. You keep bashing me about not liking Jp so it my turn. Why do you like Jp so much? What has he done that you support him so much?

Maybe because of this ominous, lingering, Ground Hog Day-esque theme of chewing up and spitting out dozens of Quarterbacks and Coaches with one common denominator in front of  our faces the whole time?

834411[/snapback]

Bingo.

834409[/snapback]

Actually, it's more like...

Yay for Losman.

Yay for Sabres.

Sabres Suck

Losman Sucks

Switch and repeat when needed.

!@#$ Nall.  0:)

How could people still support Drew.

834405[/snapback]

Nall may suck ass for all I know, lol....i agree! I just think that, regardless of how crappy we are on the line, there are QBs out there who could move the chains better than what JP is doing.

Actually 300, but I want to know why you support Jp so much.  You keep bashing me about not liking Jp so it my turn.  Why do you like Jp so much?  What has he done that you support him so much?

834430[/snapback]

First of all, it's the offense that has regressed, not specifically JP. When give time, he has played pretty dang well, although he does need to work on holding onto the ball when hit. As far as the reasons to like him, let's see:

1) Team player - doesn't call out teammates when he obviously has reason to

2) Great work ethic - said to be by all coaching staffs he's been under

3) Loves the city of Buffalo and Bills organization (not every1 can say that)

3) Takes accountability for when he doesn't play well.

4) Is receptive to coaching (they are telling him not to scramble) and he is trying to do this to become a better QB.

5) Has all the tools to succeed except experience and a suporting cast. Does his decision making need to improve, yes but that comes with experience.

6) Has improved the more he plays. Say all you want about the past 2 weeks but in the limited opportunities (the coaches have no faith in the line, not JP), he has completed 61% of his passes and has 1 TD and no turnovers. That to me is not regression.

7) He is a competitor and hates to lose, but at least is realizing that this is a building job they are doing.

Other than that, nothing. There is plenty to like about this kid, and unfortunately some of the folks like you don't have anything constructive to post about the Bills unless you are attacking a play who doesn't meet your standards. It almost feels like a vendetta sometimes.

Overall, it appears Jp is not getting better each week.  I haven't supported Jp since the day he started in 2005.  I think we've given Jp enough time to get better and he hasn't proved that he has.  So, why do people still support him?  He's not all that great of a qb.

834393[/snapback]

Why don't you line-up with that offensive line, group of tight-ends, and set of wide receivers (not including Evans) and see what would happen to you. We have the absolute worst offensive line, tight-ends, and receivers in the leagure bar none! Our number 2 receiver, P. Price, was blown out of Atlanta and cut in Dallas after a couple of games. You couldn't possibly put a quarterback in worse situation.

He played fine today? I suppose he played fine against Green Bay and the prior weeks. There comes a time where you want your QB to make plays. Our offense today was Terrence McGee.

The bar is set so unbelievably low for JP. Don't fumble and complete 8 passes a game. It's always the OL's fault, the WRs aren't getting open and our TEs stink.

The offense is to blame, but he as the QB has to take the most.

Obviously the play calling has a lot to do with him unable to do anything. We know he will drop back, panic and get sacked so we'll run a draw.

Having a QB not fumble as the standard for our QB is pathetic.