Any1 who thinks JP was the reason we lost

milfster1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But what is the answer?  The draft?  Free Agency? God I hope Marv knows what he is doing.  I can't stand this anymore.

834339[/snapback]

The draft is THE way to win a super bowl. Look at the patriots. Free Agency is THE way to dissapoint. Look at the redskins.

I was saying, and still am saying this:

"Absolutely not, it was because Brett Favre has proven that when you force him to drive the length of the field and string together 12 - 14 plays he will often make a mistake and turn the ball over."

You still have not shown that Favre put together a 12 - 14 play drive and still score a TD.

834315[/snapback]

WTF are you talking about? Week 9: 10 play 65 yard drive, Week 8: 13 play 59 yard drive, Week 7: 11 play, 80 yard drive......I gave up after that. Get a clue guy.

yes he needs an o line but look at leinheart in az. he leads his team.....wheres the fire in j.p., i just dont see it, i see alot of promise, but rob johnson had promise too...

834220[/snapback]

Where is Leinart leading Arizona? I didn't realise they have racked up so many wins since he came in as a starter. He has better WR's and a better RB, and a bad oline, Yet he has led his team to a win

But what is the answer?  The draft?  Free Agency? God I hope Marv knows what he is doing.  I can't stand this anymore.

834339[/snapback]

Both. Drafted QBs. and FA QBs have all been sucessful. Unfortunately, I don't believe that the answer is currently on our team. I am with you, as I feel sick every Sunday.

Of course since you have 2 examples, it must be true...

834351[/snapback]

Ya, you're right the best team in football for basically the past 5 years built their team through the draft, and that's not a good enough example. The same team who has tried to buy championships for longer than that has sucked for a while. That's a bad one too. Sorry for trying to answer your question.

Ya, you're right the best team in football for basically the past 5 years built their team through the draft, and that's not a good enough example. The same team who has tried to buy championships for longer than that has sucked for a while. That's a bad one too. Sorry for trying to answer your question.

834361[/snapback]

Heh, take it easy.

I know what you're saying but like Acor said, there has been good examples of both. Of course that's why you hire a GM, so he could figure it out for you...

Come on Marv..

The draft is THE way to win a super bowl. Look at the patriots. Free Agency is THE way to dissapoint. Look at the redskins.

834345[/snapback]

Wasn't the Patriots method to sign up lots of small name FAs?

I'm sure that was it. 0:)

Heh, take it easy.

I know what you're saying but like Acor said, there has been good examples of both.  Of course that's why you hire a GM, so he could figure it out for you...

Come on Marv..

834364[/snapback]

A free agent here and there will most definitely help, (drew brees) but consistent winning teams are built through the draft. We will see what marv is made of about 3 years from now when the donahoe dust has dissipated.

Now I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the reason the bills ran the ball more often today is because, maybe, just maybe, the colts have the worst run defence in the NFL? And maybe because running the ball will eat up the clock and keep Manning off the field, where he can't do any damage.

834125[/snapback]

I agree that today's gameplan was very rightly for us to run a lot more than we passed. I think there's no question that today's gameplan did not call for JP Losman to put up 300 yards. I also think, however, that today's gameplan, if JP Losman were even a below average NFL QB, would have called for JP Losman to pass for a bit more than 83 yards... to maybe get at least 130 or 150 yards. To maybe score a bit more than 6 points.

I think its clear that JP Losman cannot be trusted to get the ball off in time in any kind of passing situation. I think that's why the coaches went with a draw play in almost every third and long situation.

And of course, there is also the scoring offense. How many FG's have we kicked this year where we were sacked on the play before? How many FG drives of negative yardage have we had this year? JP Losman simply does not make plays that result in first downs, let alone scores. We simply cannot sustain offense with him.

Kudos to the defense and special teams for keeping us very much in a very tough road game. Its really a shame that despite that heoic efforts by the defense and special teams, I never once believed today that our QB would be good enough for us to win this game today.

This was never supposed to be a 300 yard day for JP Losman. But even with the right game plan from our coaches, including a great effort from the defense and special teams, our QB was simply not good effort to execute even that limited gameplan for a win.

JDG

You've said it's over after every game for at least the last three weeks yet every week Losman is starting. Interesting.

834215[/snapback]

Not really.

The Bills signed Nall with the intention of replacing Loseman. The Bills are starting Loseman with the intent to remove any doubt. When the season is over there will no doubt that Loseman sucks and he will be gone.

But please by all means. Hold on to every piece of thread you can. It's over 0:)

Big Ben was a decent QB.  Not elite but better than JP.

834371[/snapback]

That's the problem though.....if JP was Pits QB instead of Big Ben, who can really say that he would not perform at a similar level....which as you said, was decent?