Bills game in HD?

but doesnt tell ya HD or not :-).  I usually wait till DTV sends me weekly email, so far EVER Bills Game this year has been HD but early listing on DTV doesnt show it listed so could be first week without HD

829973[/snapback]

It has the * for the games in HD. I have an antenna, so I would imagine if the game is broadcast in HD it wouldn't matter what DTV broadcasts. I don't get locals in HD with DTV yet.

NFL TV maps.

Bookmark this.

829933[/snapback]

I wonder why north central and northwest Texas get treated to the CBS 1 PM NYJ at NE game instead of the rest of the state, that gets HOU at JAX.

And a tiny island in northwest OH gets the 415 PM Fox STL at SEA game, unlike the rest of most other eastern states getting NO at PIT.

:D

I wonder why north central and northwest Texas get treated to the CBS 1 PM NYJ at NE game instead of the rest of the state, that gets HOU at JAX.

And a tiny island in northwest OH gets the 415 PM Fox STL at SEA game, unlike the rest of most other eastern states getting NO at PIT.

830014[/snapback]

There are some spots where a station will broadcast a game featuring a popular player originally from that area. To wit, while Flutie was starting in Buffalo, the Boston station I get OTA would always air the Bills games when the time didn't conflict w/ NE's.

I'm not sure of a Jets or Pats connection to Texas, tho. Perhaps the station just thinks it'll be a better-matched/exciting game. This choice scenario, however, requires there be no NFL local mandate for a viewing area, which seems kind of rare.

There are some spots where a station will broadcast a game featuring a popular player originally from that area. To wit, while Flutie was starting in Buffalo, the Boston station I get OTA would always air the Bills games when the time didn't conflict w/ NE's.

I'm not sure of a Jets or Pats connection to Texas, tho. Perhaps the station just thinks it'll be a better-matched/exciting game. This choice scenario, however, requires there be no NFL local mandate for a viewing area, which seems kind of rare.

830135[/snapback]

I've always wondered about how much (if any) flexibility a local affiliate has. Through the years, I've been disappointed to see that an advertised game has been switched. Realizing that in that business, people move around and a lot, I chalked it up to somebody at that station having the ability to show a game he personally cares about.

But somebody has posted here, info from an affiliate that said it's purely a decision from their bean-counter folks - whatever their formulas so to speak tell them what game will maximize their $$$.

Dunno.

But somebody has posted here, info from an affiliate that said it's purely a decision from their bean-counter folks - whatever their formulas so to speak tell them what game will maximize their $$$.

830456[/snapback]

Ask me 10 times, and 10 times I would say that this is the case.

Can't blame them for following the American Way.