Parting words from CBS's Early Show

SDS

I'm always amazed that Fox News is stereotyped as "right wing" and "biased", but CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBOlbermann are never considered to be biased toward the left.

829560[/snapback]

I had a good chuckle last night when I turned to CNN and saw the "pundits" they had on. The two for the Democrats have CNN shows. The two for the Republicans they had to pull "off the street." Guess it's hard to find a Republican internally at CNN.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always amazed that Fox News is stereotyped as "right wing" and "biased", but CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBOlbermann are never considered to be biased toward the left.

829560[/snapback]

CNN et al.'s bias is covert: when so many of your senior people share the same beliefs (something like 80%+ are registered Democrat), you've basically set up an environment where said set of beliefs is "natural", and no one within the organization ever thinks to qualify them (which is why Jesse Jackson is "Reverend Jesse Jackson" but Pat Robertson is "The Right-Wing Christian Reverend Pat Robertson) or question whether they're widely held outside the organization.

Fox Snooze, on the other hand, is overtly biased. It was started by Rupert Murdoch with the explicitly stated intent of creating a media outlet with an explicit right-wing bias.

That's why it's characterized differently. Because it pretty much is different.

CNN et al.'s bias is covert: when so many of your senior people share the same beliefs (something like 80%+ are registered Democrat), you've basically set up an environment where said set of beliefs is "natural", and no one within the organization ever thinks to qualify them (which is why Jesse Jackson is "Reverend Jesse Jackson" but Pat Robertson is "The Right-Wing Christian Reverend Pat Robertson) or question whether they're widely held outside the organization.

Fox Snooze, on the other hand, is overtly biased.  It was started by Rupert Murdoch with the explicitly stated intent of creating a media outlet with an explicit right-wing bias. 

That's why it's characterized differently.  Because it pretty much is different.

829588[/snapback]

Fox News is considered "right wing" because they are the only video news outlet that does not cater to the left.

Fox News is considered "right wing" because they are the only video news outlet that does not cater to the left.

829697[/snapback]

Fox Snooze IS RIGHT WING because that was Rupert Murdoch's stated intent in creating it.

What part of that is unclear? Rupert Murdoch has come out and said so publicly. I've heard him say so, most spefically in early 2003 in an interview with Niel Cavuto, the transcript of which I'm trying to locate for you right now...

Fox Snooze IS RIGHT WING because that was Rupert Murdoch's stated intent in creating it. 

What part of that is unclear?  Rupert Murdoch has come out and said so publicly.  I've heard him say so, most spefically in early 2003 in an interview with Niel Cavuto, the transcript of which I'm trying to locate for you right now...

829733[/snapback]

So Wesley Clark, Geraldine Ferraro, Bob Beckel, Geraldo (All regulars) are "Right Wing"? Please name a conservative who regularly appears on ABC News, CBS News, CNN, NBC News? MSNBC has Joe Scarborough, but that's it.

So Wesley Clark, Geraldine Ferraro, Bob Beckel, Geraldo (All regulars) are "Right Wing"? Please name a conservative who regularly appears on ABC News, CBS News, CNN, NBC News? MSNBC has Joe Scarborough, but that's it.

829757[/snapback]

What does this have to do with Rupert Murdoch's stated intent to create a conservative news outlet?

What does this have to do with Rupert Murdoch's stated intent to create a conservative news outlet?

829790[/snapback]

As I said, they appear to be "right wing" compared to CNN, NBC, CBS, etc. The "news portion"- Shep Smith, John Scott, etc. appears to be fairly middle of the road. Outside of Hannity and O'Reilly, which are political commentators, I'm not sure that there is anyone else who is "right wing". They certaintly have liberal guests on some of the news shows and they are questioned, but no worse than the conservative guests.

My question to you is: if Fox News is "right wing", how do you sterotype CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS?

Unfortunately, most of the people in this country are not as educated as  the people on this board. So when the Today Show "hosts" start their show with comments like, "It looks like the Republicans may be hurt in the upcoming elections by the President's war in Iraq", that does influence people who cannot think very deeply.

The people think what they are told to think.

829521[/snapback]

Barry, are you for real?

If the people are told what to think, by this so-called liberal media conspiracy that lunatics like yourself adhere too, how the !@#$ did we end up with Republican landslides in the last two elections? Or did all of these news media outlets all of the sudden become "liberal" for this election? FOX NEWS, which likes to feed your paranoia about this (and you gobble it up like a kid on Halloween night), is the #1 source for news in America! If they are as fair and balanced as you are claiming, then why doubt the American voters?

As far as your assertion that "most of the people in this country are not as educated as the people on this board", thanks for making my day...that has to be one of the funniest, and idiotic things I have read here, in a while!

829757[/snapback]

And what liberal "heaveyweights" does FOX drag out?

And what liberal "heaveyweights" does FOX drag out?

829814[/snapback]

Typical Liberal-can't answer the question.

In answer to your question, I would consider Wesley Clark- who was a Dem. Candidate for President as a heavyweight. I would consider Howard Dean, who Cavuto interviewed on Monday, to be a heavyweight.

"... the voters finally engaged again."

:D

fuggin' tools.

829363[/snapback]

How the hell are they fuggin' tools for saying that?

I was also pleased that this was one of the best turnouts in history and that voters felt engaged.

In answer to your question, I would consider Wesley Clark- who was a Dem. Candidate for President as a heavyweight. I would consider Howard Dean, who Cavuto interviewed on Monday, to be a heavyweight.

829849[/snapback]

Typical ahole TSW PPP poster, who declares he is smarter than everyone else!

Sorry, I saw Ken Melmen and Karl Rove on CNN and MSNBC yesterday, which proves nothing....you are delusional if you think there is any difference in what FOX and all of the other "liberal media" do...it is all $ driven...I thought Democrats and liberals were supposed to be the lemmings and Kool-Aid drinkers.... <_<

Elections are not won on television...

Typical elitist jerk! :D But, hey, you are smarter than most people, you think so yourself...

Sorry, I saw Ken Melmen and Karl Rove on CNN and MSNBC yesterday, which proves nothing....you are delusional if you think there is any difference in what FOX and all of the other "liberal media" do...it is all $ driven...I thought Democrats and liberals were supposed to be the lemmings and Kool-Aid drinkers.... <_<

Elections are not won on television...

Typical elitist jerk! :D  But, hey, you are smarter than most people, you think so yourself...

829989[/snapback]

I'm smart enough not to lose an argument by name calling and throwing out insults.

829849[/snapback]

Um....Howard Dean is the head of the Democratic National Committee....are you now gonna claim that CNN/ABC didn't have on the Republican National Committee head?

otherwise, your argument is still flawed.

So what, Mission Accomplished because some parts of Iraq are happy? Sorry Charlie. Iraq is a !@#$ up by any measure. And the buck stops at Bush.

829487[/snapback]

Exactly!

Before you posted I was thinking about JSP's post and how he thought certain Iraq "special interests" were doing well.

The very same people rail agianst that kinda thinking in this country, but know it is okay to exhibit that kinda thinking in PARTS of Iraq.

Iraq AS A WHOLE is royally screwed up... But, let's just dwell on the country's special interests...

It has always been "throwing the baby out with the bath water."

Um....Howard Dean is the head of the Democratic National Committee....are you now gonna claim that CNN/ABC didn't have on the Republican National Committee head?

otherwise, your argument is still flawed.

830006[/snapback]

Uh, the question was, what heavyweights did Fox News have on. I gave him an answer. As I stated before, Fox regularly has liberal thinking people as regular contributors- Wesley Clark, Ferraro, Beckel, and even the Reverend Jesse Jackson. The point of this discussion is that many consider Fox to be biased to the right, why isn't that the other news networks do not get criticism for being biased to the left?

What part of that is unclear?  Rupert Murdoch has come out and said so publicly.  I've heard him say so, most spefically in early 2003 in an interview with Niel Cavuto, the transcript of which I'm trying to locate for you right now...

829733[/snapback]

I agree 100% with what you are saying... You say it well...

Still means you are arguing with a brickwall...