Garret Wolfe

Just a little update for all of those who were interested in getting Garret Wolfe. He has now (according to ESPN) gone 4 straight games without topping 100 yards. Today he had 50 some yards for 3.5 YPC.

829165[/snapback]

Good maybe his stock is also falling. I still like him as a change of pace back, the later the better. UDFA would be excellent.

Good maybe his stock is also falling. I still like him as a change of pace back, the later the better. UDFA would be excellent.

829180[/snapback]

I would take him as a UDFA ... although I dont think he drops out of contention (draft) all together. He is just so darn small. One of the clips today was him on a break away and he had field to the right and a CB or Safety in front of him and he decided to try to run over the player and Wolfe ended up getting slammed down pretty hard. He looked like a feather hitting the windshield of a truck. I think you could get the same effect with putting Parrish in the backfield. Or think about this. Shaud Williams is tiny .. and Wolfe is nearly 20 pounds lighter.

I would take him as a UDFA ... although I dont think he drops out of contention (draft) all together. He is just so darn small. One of the clips today was him on a break away and he had field to the right and a CB or Safety in front of him and he decided to try to run over the player and Wolfe ended up getting slammed down pretty hard. He looked like a feather hitting the windshield of a truck. I think you could get the same effect with putting Parrish in the backfield. Or think about this. Shaud Williams is tiny .. and Wolfe is nearly 20 pounds lighter.

829182[/snapback]

He is tiny? If TD was still here he would go first round

I believe he will get drafted. He has way too much talent and upside, reminds me of a guy named Warrick Dunn, hows he doing by the way?

829934[/snapback]

Well he has made it over 1,000 yards a whole 4 times in his 10 year career! Oh and BTW: He is 2 inches taller and about 10 pounds heavier. People dont seem to think a couples inches and 10 pounds mean much ... but to a RB it means A LOT.

Well he has made it over 1,000 yards a whole 4 times in his 10 year career! Oh and BTW: He is 2 inches taller and about 10 pounds heavier. People dont seem to think a couples inches and 10 pounds mean much ... but to a RB it means A LOT.

829939[/snapback]

So you are saying that he cant put down a few extra calories and hit the gym a little harder. Warrick Dunn was at the most 170 lbs when he got drafted. The kid has shown he can carry a the load on a horrible passing team. He will be drafted in the first five rounds next year on his speed alone.

So you are saying that he cant put down a few extra calories and hit the gym a little harder. Warrick Dunn was at the most 170 lbs when he got drafted. The kid has shown he can carry a the load on a horrible passing team. He will be drafted in the first five rounds next year on his speed alone.

829991[/snapback]

Ive searched for a while now and I cant find one site that will say Dunn's weight in college was below 180. Say whatever you want, but you will see next year. Wolfe is just TINY ... he will act almost like a pinball when going inbetween the lines. His speed is wonderful, but as a RB you have to make it through the front line and LB's to really use your speed to break-out. If you want to see what Wolfe can do on this team, then put Parrish at RB and hand him the ball.

Ive searched for a while now and I cant find one site that will say Dunn's weight in college was below 180. Say whatever you want, but you will see next year. Wolfe is just TINY ... he will act almost like a pinball when going inbetween the lines. His speed is wonderful, but as a RB you have to make it through the front line and LB's to really use your speed to break-out. If you want to see what Wolfe can do on this team, then put Parrish at RB and hand him the ball.

830288[/snapback]

I've just looked in a mag from 1998(after 1 full NFL season) & it has him listed at 178lbs. Since all the sites list him at 180lbs now it would be safe to assume that his college weight was less than 178.

Interestingly the mag has his height at 5'8" not the 5'9" he is listed at now.

I've just looked in a mag from 1998(after 1 full NFL season) & it has him listed at 178lbs.  Since all the sites list him at 180lbs now it would be safe to assume that his college weight was less than 178.

Interestingly the mag has his height at 5'8" not the 5'9" he is listed at now.

830301[/snapback]

So how reliable is this magazine. I think I bolded the part in your message about how reliable it is. :doh:

So how reliable is this magazine. I think I bolded the part in your message about how reliable it is.  :doh:

830358[/snapback]

Oh come on..... :doh:

it is PFW preview 98.....one of the 'good' mags of it's day(not so good now since Bauchbaum died).

You know as well as I do that height discrepancies occur all the time in the NFL...as does weight. The 5/8th gets rounded up.....or down depending on who is reporting. I mentioned the height discrepancy because this implies he is probably on low side of 5'9" not the high side.

To try & make an argument about a magazine 'reliability' based on that is simply ludicrous.

I would bet that you also a certainly aware of the concept that players tend to put on a little bit extra muscle in the first few years of becoming an NFL pro......therefore....since Dunn is clearly listed at 180lbs now it is simple logic to assume he was not only lighter in his second NFL season but also even lighter in his college career.

Oh come on..... :doh:

it is PFW preview 98.....one of the 'good' mags of it's day(not so good now since Bauchbaum died).

You know as well as I do that height discrepancies occur all the time in the NFL...as does weight.  The 5/8th gets rounded up.....or down depending on who is reporting.  I mentioned the height discrepancy because this implies he is probably on low side of 5'9" not the high side.

To try & make an argument about a magazine 'reliability' based on that is simply ludicrous.

I would bet that you also a certainly aware of the concept that players tend to put on a little bit extra muscle in the first few years of becoming an NFL pro......therefore....since Dunn is clearly listed at 180lbs now it is simple logic to assume he was not only lighter in his second NFL season but also even lighter in his college career.

830370[/snapback]

Oh yeah its simply "logical" :doh:

You will see what Wolfe can do sooner or later. Sooner he hasnt topped 100 yards in 5 games.

Oh yeah its simply "logical"  :doh:

You will see what Wolfe can do sooner or later. Sooner he hasnt topped 100 yards in 5 games.

830373[/snapback]

I haven't made any judgemnet on Wolfe one way or the other what so ever. :doh:

Are you telling me that it isn't simply "logical" that since virtually all players put on a some weight(apart from the fatties) within their first 2 years in the NFL that Dunn who is now listed at 180lbs would not have had a lighter playing weight in college?.....because that was basically all I said..........& I had some documented evidence to back it up.

You should read what people say rather than assume what might(or might not) be implied.....and even if I did have an implication in what I said about Wolfe(which I didn't), it would not change the irrefutable logic about the playing weights of Dunn.

I haven't made any judgemnet on Wolfe one way or the other what so ever. :doh:

Are you telling me that it isn't simply "logical" that since virtually all players put on a some weight(apart from the fatties) within their first 2 years in the NFL that Dunn who is now listed at 180lbs would not have had a lighter playing weight in college?.....because that was basically all I said..........& I had some documented evidence to back it up.

You should read what people say rather than assume what might(or might not) be implied.....and even if I did have an implication in what I said about Wolfe(which I didn't), it would not change the irrefutable logic about the playing weights of Dunn.

830378[/snapback]

You talked about a magazine that had him listed as 2 pounds less. Show me a link where he was at 170 in college. In fact I just found out he weighed 178 at the time of the draft. So your right. He gained a whole 2 pounds. Wohoo!

You talked about a magazine that had him listed as 2 pounds less. Show me a link where he was at 170 in college. In fact I just found out he weighed 178 at the time of the draft. So your right. He gained a whole 2 pounds. Wohoo!

830381[/snapback]

.....and my initial response was to.......wait for it......here it comes......

"Ive searched for a while now and I cant find one site that will say Dunn's weight in college was below 180."

So please....pretty please with a cherry on top.....explain why my reasonable, rational, in-offensive, conversation driven rather than argument drive response to that statement deserve to get your attitude today?

Are you drunk or something?

Had a hard night?

Re-read my 1st post(#12).

Then read the following 'discargument' we've had.....

and apologize for being a prat.

Oh yeah its simply "logical"  :doh:

830373[/snapback]

I imagine the little tid bit about him not rushing for 100 yards was an ESPN gem probably related to the recent Toledo at NU game? Hardly enough to qualify you as an expert, but apparently not when armed with the evidence that he's small. So instead of posting a thread about Garret Wolfe you should start a thread titled Garrett Wolfe is small. That way whenever somebody points out what Wolfe’s done over his career you can stay on topic by letting us know he's small.

.....and my initial response was to.......wait for it......here it comes......

"Ive searched for a while now and I cant find one site that will say Dunn's weight in college was below 180."

So please....pretty please with a cherry on top.....explain why my reasonable, rational, in-offensive, conversation driven rather than argument drive response to that statement deserve to get your attitude today?

Are you drunk or something?

Had a hard night?

Re-read my 1st post(#12).

Then read the following 'discargument' we've had.....

and apologize for being a prat.

830384[/snapback]

Thursday will be my 2nd day completely off from either college/or work in the past 8 days. I get pushy. When you wake up at 9:30, college until 3, work until 10, and then you do it all over again, you start to get angry at life in general. My appologies.

I imagine the little tid bit about him not rushing for 100 yards was an ESPN gem probably related to the recent Toledo at NU game?  Hardly enough to qualify you as an expert, but apparently not when armed with the evidence that he's small. So instead of posting a thread about Garret Wolfe you should start a thread titled Garrett Wolfe is small. That way whenever somebody points out what Wolfe’s done over his career you can stay on topic by letting us know he's small.

830387[/snapback]

ha . while your point is made, I (starting this thread) did not purpose it to be about him being small ... it just turned out that way. :doh: