Did the running game improve in the 2nd half?

Gary M

I'm not sure about better blocking but I am sure that Thomas broke some tackles. As far as Green Bay giving in.....it was a tight game, no way they gave in.

828031[/snapback]

No way GB gave in! They have the #9 run defense..It was ALL Thomas!!!!!

I wouldn't make it all about ATrain. He played very well. I was excited about the effort. But ... WM had 4 rushes for 15 yards when he got hurt. Also he got hurt on a rush that resulted in a -3. So ... his first three rushes were for 18 yards (5 yds, 4 yds, 9 yds). Looks like we were gonna run over the left side all day, WM or AT.

Our O-line is better at run blocking than they are at pass blocking, but then they are sooo bad at pass-blocking. Now the rational thing to do would be to run more from beginning to end of the game. Also to adjust the receivers and backfield to best take advantage of the run game and to supplement the pass protection. Sometimes we serve ourselves best by not overlooking the obvious (hint DJ...two tight ends and use of a blocking back!)

I actually think that they would be served well by going to a 3 WR set, TE right side (to help out our RT, RG) and a single back.

'Course, I'm not paid to make those decisions. I'm just tired of the token play fake out of the I Formation with a flare pass to Shelton.

Let Josh Reed play slot and motion him as needed for extra blocking, depending on the direction/misdirection of the play.

We need more ace back sets -- WM or AT.