London Fletcher-Baker...Pro Bowl 2007

It's about time Fletcher gets some support for his FIRST PRO BOWL.

He's been a rock in the league for almost 10 years, and deserves the nod.

This year he's added two TD's and is still on par to be in the top 5 for tackles in the league...and I believe no one has had more tackles over the past 7 years.

His D3 college means there are few "alums" in the NFL to support him...it's up to Bills fans!

Let's get him some attention early!

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

OK I have to ask:  Who is Baker, and does anyone other than Ron Pitts call him that?

827374[/snapback]

He took that name in the off season to honour a family member who's last name was Baker. I can't remember the exact connection. I notice on NFL.COM on Sunday that on the live game cast it said "London Fletcher-Baker 10 yd INT return for TD".

I think they only ones calling him by Baker are guys like Pitts who show up and just see it on the roster. But guys like JOhn Murphy and other Buffalo sportscasters just call him Fletcher.

He took that name in the off season to honour a family member who's last name was Baker. I can't remember the exact connection. I notice on NFL.COM on Sunday that on the live game cast it said "London Fletcher-Baker 10 yd INT return for TD".

I think they only ones calling him by Baker are guys like Pitts who show up and just see it on the roster. But guys like JOhn Murphy and other Buffalo sportscasters just call him Fletcher.

828365[/snapback]

I'm assuming it's his mother's maiden name. She passed during camp right?

No, I believe Fletcher is his mother name, and his fathers and grand fathers name is Baker, he took the name to pay tribute to them, even though his mom raised him

828679[/snapback]

Why pay tribute to men who might have abandoned him? I'd honor the one who fed me tended me, worried over me before others... :w00t:

Perhaps I am being unfair...perhaps the male Bakers were there for his upbringing. I've not heard so, though.

Why pay tribute to men who might have abandoned him? I'd honor the one who fed me tended me, worried over me before others... :w00t:

Perhaps I am being unfair...perhaps the male Bakers were there for his upbringing. I've not heard so, though.

828684[/snapback]

I don't remember the exact story, and it may have been something like he became close to his father later in life and decided to pay tribute, I don't know the exact details

Woot!  Losman for Pro Bowl!

As bad as he has been this year, think about that.

1) Shows Buffalo Fans LOVE their team.

2) Shows JP Bills Fans support him, gives him confidence.

3) Shows how ridiculous fan balloting is.

Vote LOSMAN

827557[/snapback]

:w00t:

The ultimate homer vote. Anyone who does this will have their football knowledge card permanently revoked for pure and complete stupidity in the face of homerism.

Man Law.