More Apologies for JP

AnthonyF

Royal drops a 25 yard pass and Evans a 35 yard pass.... Easy, easy catches that would result in a 10-15 160 yards passing.

Then we would say what a nice game. Also I watched the sacks and maybe 1 could be blamed on JP.

How about the receivers getting open for a change?

Today I am an apologist....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Royal drops a 25 yard pass and Evans a 35 yard pass....  Easy, easy catches that would result in a 10-15 160 yards passing.

Then we would say what a nice game.  Also I watched the sacks and maybe 1 could be blamed on JP.

827326[/snapback]

Stay that way. :flirt:

I heard the crowd yelling just before he threw those passes. That's how I knew they'd be dropped - its a distinctly different noise from an oncoming blindside sack. If only JP could start listening to the crowd noise. I bet every other qb ever in the history of history could have caught those 2 passes. JP sucks.

No, he should have placed stickum on the ball prior to passing it.  Friggin' JP!

And man, that TD pass to Evans was garbage. :flirt:

827400[/snapback]

Which one... The one he dropped that hit him between the 8 and the 3? Or the TD where he was hit on the play?

How dare he hit an open receiver....

But when you only throw 15 times the results are much more pronounced.

If he threw 35 times and completed 22 for 300 yards, I don't think I'd comment more then in passing 2 drops.

However we have people pointing out no offence and 102 yards passing. Those 2 passes would have been at least 60 yards.

If you want I'll do the math for you....

But when you only throw 15 times the results are much more pronounced.

If he threw 35 times and completed 22 for 300 yards, I don't think I'd comment more then in passing 2 drops.

However we have people pointing out no offence and 102 yards passing.  Those 2 passes would have been at least 60 yards. 

If you want I'll do the math for you....

827563[/snapback]

And if the Titans didn't complete 'Home Run Throw Back' Rob Johnson would be a Bills playoff legend.

I can go with this all day and rewrite history.

If you want to show your math skills. What is Losman's third down conversion percentage? How many times on third down does he complete a pass that results in first downs.

Against the Packers Losman dropped back to pass eight times on third down. Converted once and took 2 sacks. I went to public school so my math may be off. But I think that's .125 coversion rate on third down.

If it makes you feel better we can pretend all the incompletions and sacks were someone elses fault and we can add them to Losman's stats if it helps:w00t:

And if the Titans didn't complete 'Home Run Throw Back' Rob Johnson would be a Bills playoff legend.

I can go with this all day and rewrite history.

If you want to show your math skills. What is Losman's third down conversion percentage? How many times on third down does he complete a pass that results in first downs.

Against the Packers Losman dropped back to pass eight times on third down. Converted once and took 2 sacks. I went to public school so my math may be off. But I think that's .125 coversion rate on third down.

If it makes you feel better we can pretend all the incompletions and sacks were someone elses fault and we can add them to Losman's stats if it helps:w00t:

827585[/snapback]

Since you bring it up, I didnt know JP is suppose to catch his passes too? Oh what thier are recievers? Yammers so how many passes were COMPLETE, but the reciever didnt make the 1st, or PASS were DROPPED? Who's fault was the sack? You make me wonder so many things with your short sighted remark. I am sure some one with your educatation lvl should be able to answer........or do we not want to know :flirt:

Royal drops a 25 yard pass and Evans a 35 yard pass....  Easy, easy catches that would result in a 10-15 160 yards passing.

Then we would say what a nice game.  Also I watched the sacks and maybe 1 could be blamed on JP.

827326[/snapback]

What 35 yard pass are you talking about?

The grossly underthrown pass that should have intercepted by the dred locks CB?

Didn't you know? Only Buffalo receivers drop passes and no other QBs stats wouldn't be better if their receiver because every receiver in the NFL never drops a pass.  :wub:

827549[/snapback]

8-15-102-1 TD-0 INT....97.1 QBR

If JP had garbage stats for the game then your argument might mean something....but since he nearly had a 100QBR & we won the game, your point becomes meaningless.

The argument was to say that the drops stopped the offence moving/scoring. Look through the game to see how each drive failed(or not)......and we'll assume AnthonyF is correct in that only 1 sack was JPs fault.

Drive 1: 3rd & 1 & RR false starts....3rd & 6...JP completes, 1st down....Drive stops at 3rd & 1 on the 7 because we couldn't rush for a yard.(FG results)

Drive 2: A sack caused 3rd & long.

Drive 3: Sacked on 3rd & 4.

Drive 4: A false start on Reed causes 2&12....on 3rd & 6 JP scrambles for 4.

Drive 5: 3rd & 4....pass incomplete(Evans dropped it?)

Drive 6: 3rd & 1....again can't rush for 1 yard.

Drive 7: Sack, Peters false start....3rd & 25....sack.

Drive 8: 3rd & 6....JP overthrows Davis

Drive 9: 2nd & 5, Sack brings up 3rd & 12

Drive 10: 2nd & 20, JP completes deep under pressure to Evans for TD

Drive 11: Short field, Rushing TD

Which stalling drives were JPs fault? I reckon if we say....Drives 8 & 9...and we'll add in another random one as well. This means of the 9 non TD scoring drives....JP caused 3 to falter....the inability to rush for 3rd & 1 caused 2 to stop....3 were because the OL can't pass protect....and 1 was due to dropped balls.

Can we blame the QB for the win here? Hang on a minute. :flirt:

8-15-102-1 TD-0 INT....97.1 QBR

If JP had garbage stats for the game then your argument might mean something....but since he nearly had a 100QBR & we won the game, your point becomes meaningless.

The argument was to say that the drops stopped the offence moving/scoring.  Look through the game to see how each drive failed(or not)......and we'll assume AnthonyF is correct in that only 1 sack was JPs fault.

Drive 1: 3rd & 1 & RR false starts....3rd & 6...JP completes, 1st down....Drive stops at 3rd & 1 on the 7 because we couldn't rush for a yard.(FG results)

Drive 2: A sack caused 3rd & long. 

Drive 3: Sacked on 3rd & 4.

Drive 4: A false start on Reed causes 2&12....on 3rd & 6 JP scrambles for 4.

Drive 5: 3rd & 4....pass incomplete(Evans dropped it?)

Drive 6: 3rd & 1....again can't rush for 1 yard.

Drive 7: Sack, Peters false start....3rd & 25....sack.

Drive 8: 3rd & 6....JP overthrows Davis

Drive 9: 2nd & 5, Sack brings up 3rd & 12

Drive 10: 2nd & 20, JP completes deep under pressure to Evans for TD

Drive 11: Short field, Rushing TD

Which stalling drives were JPs fault?  I reckon if we say....Drives 8 & 9...and we'll add in another random one as well.  This means of the 9 non TD scoring drives....JP caused 3 to falter....the inability to rush for 3rd & 1 caused 2 to stop....3 were because the OL can't pass protect....and 1 was due to dropped balls.

Can we blame the QB for the win here?  Hang on a minute. :flirt:

827638[/snapback]

I like the way you think... and your perserverence at getting facts.

And I went through all his passes in another post.

I am not sold on JP don't get me wrong. But I'd be happy to see 30-35 passes a game and see if he has anything. 21 passing situations, 15 passes, 2 drops don't tell me anything one way or another.

Now come on let's get real here, as big a JP supporter as I am, this was not one of his better games, he simply didn't have to do anything to win the game, even his touchdown pass was pretty much handed to him.

Often times he held on to the the ball for too long now the offensive line struggled in pass protection again I'll give you that but there were still a few of those sacks that should have been avoided by simply either dumping the ball off to the check down receiver or throwing it away.

That being said, taking the sacks are better than throwing interceptions.

Now his touchdown pass to Evans was underthrown by quite a bit but I'll give JP the benifit of the doubt on that one he was wide open and JP had some pressure in his face, it was actually a great effort by him to get it up there.

He did miss a touchdown pass earlier and yes Evans dropped it but that was because the defender had the hand in his face, if JP puts 5 more yards on that ball it's an easy touchdown.

Overall, Losman was good because he walks away with the W at the end of the game, which is much more important than any other stat. But looking at it from a performance point of view, he didn't do anything, he played a very low-risk style of game and didn't turn the ball over which isn't bad, but it's nothing to get excited about - He should have been at this stage last season.

827326[/snapback]

Yes, because JP is the only QB to have a player drop a pass on him. Sorry to rain on your parade but it happens to every QB in the league every Sunday.

......he played a very low-risk style of game and didn't turn the ball over.....

827686[/snapback]

That was my impression. I feel it a possibility that him being sooooo conscious of his recent turnover troubles, he hindered his natural game-play & decision making abilities....add to that the insistence by coaching that he stays in the pocket & I can see great hesitation on his part. Keep in mind here I'm not creating excuses.....understanding why somebody stuffs up is not the same as saying "it's OK to stuff up".

A concern I have with him is he seems never to change the play-call at the LOS. I guess most of these points all reflect back to a lock of confidence.....having better protection will obviously help in that department but.....we'll see won't we.

4 of 5 sacks were his fault. He missed Evans on that 2nd quarter throw! That was a terrible throw and should have been a TD.

If you exchanged Tom Brady and JP and kept everything else the same our line would then be "great" The QB has to make quick decisions, he just has to! If you want a QB to have 5-6 seconds to throw the ball go watch high school football. It does not happen conssistently in the NFL. It just doesn't! If you also want receivers to have 10 yards of separation from the defenders on every play go watch Pop Warner. This is the NFL! You need a QB who can throw accurately and a WR is open when there is a yard or two separation from the defenders.