Bad Passing Situations JP hung out to dry...

AnthonyF

Here are the passes yesterday and the lousy situations...

Down Yards to go Result

3rd 4 6

1st 10 14

2nd 2 incomplete

2nd 9 sack

3rd 20 15

1st 10 Drop

2nd 10 6

3rd 4 sack

2nd 12 6

3rd 6 4 yard rush

3rd 4 Drop? Evans

2nd 7 6

1st 10 sack

2nd 25 inc

3rd 25 sack -2

3rd 10 inc

2nd 5 sack

3rd 12 tipped

1st 20 inc

2nd 20 TD Evans

I think I missed 2 passes.... Point is there was very few good passing downs. This more then anything shows what bad situations JP was put into.

Here are the passes yesterday and the lousy situations...

Down            Yards to go            Result

3rd                  4                        6

1st                  10                        14

2nd                2                          incomplete

2nd                9                          sack

3rd                  20                      15

1st                  10                        Drop

2nd                10                        6

3rd                  4                        sack

2nd                12                      6

3rd                  6                        4  yard rush

3rd                  4                        Drop? Evans

2nd                7                        6

1st                  10                        sack               

2nd                25                        inc

3rd                  25                      sack -2

3rd                  10                      inc

2nd                  5                        sack

3rd                  12                      tipped

1st                  20                      inc

2nd                  20                      TD Evans 

I think I missed 2 passes....  Point is there was very few good passing downs.  This more then anything shows what bad situations JP was put into.

827140[/snapback]

Did you ever hear the saying "you make the most out of your oppertunity"?Do you think Jp has done that?Dont blame the down and distance for his ineptness,or the oline for that matter.He doesnt have what it takes Im sure when Marv puts the trash to the curb in the offseason,Jp will be apart of it.

Did you ever hear the saying "you make the most out of your oppertunity"?Do you think Jp has done that?Dont blame the down and distance for his ineptness,or the oline for that matter.He doesnt have what it takes Im sure when Marv puts the trash to the curb in the offseason,Jp will be apart of it.

827171[/snapback]

I will bet that JP is still on the team next year and probably starting. The coaching staff and Marv seem to still have faith in him and see him as progressing no matter what all the armchair GM's on this board think. He is still a young QB that is learning the game. Coming out of college he was very raw (this should read, will need some extra time to learn the game) and has played better this year then last year.

I don't think the coaches have given up on him yet and I don't think they will this offseason.

827171[/snapback]

How about reading the post. He completed 8 of 15, had 2 drops...

As with the TD to Evans, you probably give JP no credit and call it a blown coverage.

I'll tell you what I'd like to see more of is receptions where the receiver wins a battle or makes a big play. How about an easy completion where the receiver is open and there is separation. Not seeing enough of them.

Heck I can't remember more then 1-2 pass inteference calls (Miami bomb notwithstanding) or defensive holding calls. It has been pathetic this season.

Did you ever hear the saying "you make the most out of your oppertunity"?

827171[/snapback]

Yes i did actually. I saw a tie ball game midway through the 4th quarter with an opportunity for our QB to step up and score ti give us the lead.

JP promptly tosses a TD pass, which was the winning score.

Yes i did actually. I saw a tie ball game midway through the 4th quarter with an opportunity for our QB to step up and score ti give us the lead.

JP promptly tosses a TD pass, which was the winning score.

827188[/snapback]

So you think hes the man for the job?If you owned a factory and hired a machine operator that more often than not couldnt produce or he consistantly put out bad products,how long would it be before you fired him?3 years?Jp has led us on to many "field goal" drives and consistantlly doesnt produce.Yesterday was obviously the worst so maybe theres no way for him to go but up.I doubt it seriously but i dont think he can get any worse.

So you think hes the man for the job?If you owned a factory and hired a machine operator that more often than not couldnt produce or he consistantly put out bad products,how long would it be before you fired him?3 years?Jp has led us on to many "field goal" drives and consistantlly doesnt produce.Yesterday was obviously the worst so maybe theres no way for him to go but up.I doubt it seriously but i dont think he can get any worse.

827202[/snapback]

Sure, he could have been worse. He could have turned the ball over 4 times like his hall of fame counterpart did yesterday.

Also, remember this: The Bills led all game long up until the 4th quarter. Once the Packers tied it up, JP came through with a clutch TD pass.

827202[/snapback]

Yes but is it the machinests fault that he cannot produce? Maybe the machines he is working with are old or not able to produce quick enough, or maybe the rest of the employees are holding up production causing him to work slower and not producing effectively.

In an ideal situation (lets say putting JP on the Patriots for Brady) JP's numbers would indicate he may not be great, now put him on a sub par team like the Bills and putting up those numbers may not be ideal, but they are decent for the situation. Some how people want him to have a huge game trhowing for over 500 yards, when the receivers he has can't hold on to the ball, and his linemen are giving up 5 sacks a game. Everyone wants the Bills to run more too, and when they do, they will pass less and JP will not have huge statistics

I bet most here who diss JP would also say Favre had a decent day

Sure, he could have been worse. He could have turned the ball over 4 times like his hall of fame counterpart did yesterday.

Also, remember this: The Bills led all game long up until the 4th quarter. Once the Packers tied it up, JP came through with a clutch TD pass.

827208[/snapback]

Yea the Bills led because of Fletchers interception.Then Magee had the big return for the field goal,so show me where Jp exacuted the offense.Aside from the long pass to Evans on a broken coverage,he did nothing.The Evans pass was 43 of the 100+ yards passing,efficent play at the qb position,i think not

Amazing I just watched the drop by Royal and also Evans dropping a 30 yard pass. This is after listening on the radio wgr550 how that was a bad pass with too much loft. Hit evans in the 8&3.

If you want to be negative on Losman, you blame him on that one. I don't as there was a defender behind as well.

2 Catch on easy lofted passes and he has 160 yards passing on 10 of 15 and it is a great, efficient game.

Yes but is it the machinests fault that he cannot produce? Maybe the machines he is working with are old or not able to produce quick enough, or maybe the rest of the employees are holding up production causing him to work slower and not producing effectively.

In an ideal situation (lets say putting JP on the Patriots for Brady) JP's numbers would indicate he may not be great, now put him on a sub par team like the Bills and putting up those numbers may not be ideal, but they are decent for the situation. Some how people want him to have a huge game trhowing for over 500 yards, when the receivers he has can't hold on to the ball, and his linemen are giving up 5 sacks a game. Everyone wants the Bills to run more too, and when they do, they will pass less and JP will not have huge statistics

I bet most here who diss JP would also say Favre had a decent day

827211[/snapback]

I dont want 500 yards although that would be nice,i want to win on a consistant basis.He is a perrinial loser and i fear the Bills will never win with him.I say cut the cord and find the solution to the problem,be it Nall or a F/A

Yea the Bills led because of Fletchers interception.Then Magee had the big return for the field goal,so show me where Jp exacuted the offense.Aside from the long pass to Evans on a broken coverage,he did nothing.The Evans pass was 43  of the 100+ yards passing,efficent play at the qb position,i think not

827216[/snapback]

I suggest you watch the game again. ;)

He is a perrinial loser and i fear the Bills will never win with him.I say cut the cord and find the solution to the problem,be it Nall or a F/A

827235[/snapback]

Ya know....you sound just like the jackass father with two jackass little boys that sat behind me at the game. The father and sons were booing their lungs out at JP. I yelled back at them that the oline was the problem. They kept it up. I unzipped my jacket and turned around to show them my #7 jersey to which the dad says....."what....what?". I sit down exclaming what a dumb sh*t he was that he didn't even know who wore #7. Shortly thereafter, they were leaving.......to which I shouted "good riddance". BTW....they left before we scored our final two touchdowns.

Bottom line: I'm more likely to get in a fight with dumbass Bills fans before I'd ever get in a fight with an opposing fan. ;)