Rose Coloured Glasses & JP

AnthonyF

Look I was not an RJ or Bledsoe fan. There career has borne the fact that they have put up some #'s, but have proven themselves as mediocre at best when it comes to coming up big when needed.

Now let's look at JP yesterday. I have no ill will and want to see him succeed more then fail. He only threw 15 passes and dropped back 21 times (5 sacks, 1 rush). That is not enough to make a read. Now there were 2 drops and he made the one proper read and connected with Evans as he was hit.

A naysayer will say Evans was open because of a blown coverage. What I saw was Evans beat the Packers #1 cover guy (Harris) and the DB choose double coverage on the other Bill in the middle.

Most passes were in obvious passing downs and the offensive play calling has been terrible, with few open receivers.

Other questions are whether the offsides and timeouts are JP's fault or just bad organization.

So I admit I'm biased and can wait 'til the end of the season with JP, as I was happy to see Bledsoe go and Nall & Holcomb are not options.

Now if we struggle, particularly JP, and Brady Quinn (as an example) is available, I want him drafted.

Look I was not an RJ or Bledsoe fan.  There career has borne the fact that they have put up some #'s, but have proven themselves as mediocre at best when it comes to coming up big when needed.

Now let's look at JP yesterday.  I have no ill will and want to see him succeed more then fail.  He only threw 15 passes and dropped back 21 times (5 sacks, 1 rush).  That is not enough to make a read.  Now there were 2 drops and he made the one proper read and connected with Evans as he was hit. 

A naysayer will say Evans was open because of a blown coverage.  What I saw was Evans beat the Packers #1 cover guy (Harris) and the DB choose double coverage on the other Bill in the middle. 

Most passes were in obvious passing downs and the offensive play calling has been terrible, with few open receivers.

Other questions are whether the offsides and timeouts are JP's fault or just bad organization.

So I admit I'm biased and can wait 'til the end of the season with JP, as I was happy to see Bledsoe go and Nall & Holcomb are not options.

Now if we struggle, particularly JP, and Brady Quinn (as an example) is available, I want him drafted.

826889[/snapback]

Trade for Matt Schawb

Look, JP is arguably one of the 5 worst QB's in the league if you actually watch the games and not rely on stats. I'll give him the nod over Alex Smith (SF), Andrew Walter (Oak) and Vince Young (Ten). Leinart gets an incomplete since he hasn't played enough and Gradkowski gets the nod over JP because he has 6 TD's to only 1 INT.

Can people just call it like they see it on the field? If/When he gets his act together, we will all embrace him but right now he needs to get a lot better and the O-line is not his biggest obstacle. It's himself and his ability to read defense and make quick decisions. The rose colored glasses were off for RJ and Bledsoe and I'm not sure what anyone has seen in JP to believe he's going to be anything special?!??!?

Look, JP is arguably one of the 5 worst QB's in the league if you actually watch the games and not rely on stats.  I'll give him the nod over Alex Smith (SF), Andrew Walter (Oak) and Vince Young (Ten).  Leinart gets an incomplete since he hasn't played enough and Gradkowski gets the nod over JP because he has 6 TD's to only 1 INT.

Can people just call it like they see it on the field?  If/When he gets his act together, we will all embrace him but right now he needs to get a lot better and the O-line is not his biggest obstacle. It's himself and his ability to read defense and make quick decisions.  The rose colored glasses were off for RJ and Bledsoe and I'm not sure what anyone has seen in JP to believe he's going to be anything special?!??!?

826964[/snapback]

Is it the chicken or the egg. He went back to pass all of 21 times yesterday and most were bad passing situations. He has (outside the Chicago game) been completing 60% of his passes and frankly the offensive play calling has been offensive.

I am sick of people being happy when they rush the ball 40 times for a 3 yard average. Yesterday again I marked him as an incomplete. Getting harder and harder to defend him, but what I'd like to see is the offense put in a game plan like NE vs. Minn where they passed 40 times, with Minn wanting to defend the run.

Want to see him roll out, throw quick hitters, screens... Not being a JP apologist but just look at the play calling yesterday. It was putrid, like it has been throughout the year and yes may be it is JP's faultg. I am just not sure.