Bought Kissology today... 4 full concerts..

USMCBillsFan

Everyone will probably slam me for liking Kiss but they were my absolute favorite growing up since that was my first concert in Buffalo 1978. I bought the DVD collection today and can't wait to get home tonight and watch it. ;)

Even though they weren't the greatest musicians and they made some horrible albums, many of their songs held the test of time and they were still selling out all their concerts on their farewell tour. And as far as showmanship, they are at the very top of the heap.

Everyone will probably slam me for liking Kiss but they were my absolute favorite growing up since that was my first concert in Buffalo 1978. I bought the DVD collection today and can't wait to get home tonight and watch it.  ;)

Even though they weren't the greatest musicians and they made some horrible albums, many of their songs held the test of time and they were still selling out all their concerts on their farewell tour. And as far as showmanship, they are at the very top of the heap.

826867[/snapback]

Will you cry when they give their final final concert? :doh:

I remember an interview where Paul Stanley thought they made a wrong turn in 1978-79 by appealing too much to the "kiddies" out there. But obviously, they owe their riches to the nostalgia of childhood loyalties.

As a matter of fact, so do the Buffalo Bills. ;)

I remember an interview where Paul Stanley thought they made a wrong turn in 1978-79 by appealing too much to the "kiddies" out there. But obviously, they owe their riches to the nostalgia of childhood loyalties.

As a matter of fact, so do the Buffalo Bills.  ;)

826954[/snapback]

That's very true. I know my son likes Kiss too and it's because of me. The childhood fans like myself have introduced them to a whole new generation. That's why at the reunion and farewell tours you would see people from 60 - 6. It was awesome to see.

That's very true. I know my son likes Kiss too and it's because of me. The childhood fans like myself have introduced them to a whole new generation. That's why at the reunion and farewell tours you would see people from 60 - 6. It was awesome to see.

826997[/snapback]

...and all races, from pasty-white to slightly-less-pasty-white. Just kidding--I like Kiss too. I saw them on their farewell tour (the first one) and they were really good.

Everyone will probably slam me for liking Kiss but they were my absolute favorite growing up since that was my first concert in Buffalo 1978. I bought the DVD collection today and can't wait to get home tonight and watch it.  ;)

826867[/snapback]

Enjoy! I'm no judge of popular music, but with over 20 gold albums, they surely appealed to a whole bunch of folks...you're in good company!

Everyone will probably slam me for liking Kiss

There is absolutely no need to apologize for this one. The first album I ever bought (actually my mom bought it much to her chagrin) was Dressed to Kill. My brother received Andy Gibb's Shadow Dancing....you tell me who needs to apologize. :flirt:

FWIW, Best Buy has an exclusive 3rd disc with another Detroit show (either the day before or after, I forget)... 5 shows for $18+tax is a pretty good deal.

827368[/snapback]

I bought the one on base and it had the third disc as well. Also comes with a booklet and sticker.

Great footage. I watched some of it already. :flirt: