Willis vs Travis

ieatcrayonz

Bottom line is that Willis almost cost us yesterday's game. A few years back, Travis played with broken ribs. Yesterday Willis sits and is seen in a great mood after the game. We had to change our whole game plan after he left. ;)

We need high character guys like Travis on our team. We traded the wrong guy. This year is rebuilding anyway but when we are better Willis will not halp us. Travis would have. :doh:

This topic has been beaten to death.

I too was a huge Henry fan and loved what he brought to this team as far as toughness went. But its time to move on. Our gameplan didn't change. Thomas still got his 20 carries. Probably Willis may have received a couple more if he was playing.

Does it matter? Nope. Henry is not a Bill and Willis is. Time to move on.

This topic has been beaten to death.

I too was a huge Henry fan and loved what he brought to this team as far as toughness went. But its time to move on. Our gameplan didn't change. Thomas still got his 20 carries. Probably Willis may have received a couple more if he was playing.

Does it matter? Nope. Henry is not a Bill and Willis is. Time to move on.

826783[/snapback]

I'm just saying that when two guys are pretty equal like Travis and Willis you should keep the high character guy. Donohue didn't. I bet Marv would have.

I'm just saying that when two guys are pretty equal like Travis and Willis you should keep the high character guy.  Donohue didn't.  I bet Marv would have.

826790[/snapback]

I wouldnt exactly call Travis a high character guy. Having sex with a 15yr old & getting suspended for substance abuse is not exactly the kind of character Marv wants in the lockerroom.

I wouldnt exactly call Travis a high character guy.  Having sex with a 15yr old & getting suspended for substance abuse is not exactly the kind of character Marv wants in the lockerroom.

826801[/snapback]

Very funny as well as accurate.

I will agree though that Travis had a bigger set of nads to stay on the field when he did. Guy does leave it all out on the field. I wouldn't play with a rib injury or a fracture in my leg so I can't blame Willis for not doing it either. Travis was just either too dumb or too stubborn to come out. Either way the guy played his balls off. I will agree with you there.

Bottom line is that Willis almost cost us yesterday's game.  A few years back, Travis played with broken ribs.  Yesterday Willis sits and is seen in a great mood after the game.  We had to change our whole game plan after he left.    ;) 

We need high character guys like Travis on our team.  We traded the wrong guy.  This year is rebuilding anyway but when we are better Willis will not halp us.  Travis would have.  :doh:

826775[/snapback]

Big difference between cracked and broken. Either way, I wouldn't really shed a tear if Willis sat out the rest of the year.

Not true at all.  High character guys play through pain.  Low character guys limp off the field. 

Which did Travis do?

Which did Willis do?

They had the same injury.

826875[/snapback]

If you are saying that WM has not played through pain, you are being ridiculous.

WM has played through pain.

Further, as I recall, TH left the game in which he got hurt. Also, as I recall, TH had a bruised rib -- as opposed to a broken rib.

More from DJ on the injury:

The ninth rib is high on the torso by the lung, which could present even more problems if he elects to play with the injury. At this point Jauron isn't ready to declare McGahee out for Sunday's game at Indianapolis.

Gee, what a kitty WM would be if he decided not to risk puncturing his lung. ;)

You guys are unbelievable.

If you are saying that WM has not played through pain, you are being ridiculous.

WM has played through pain.

Further, as I recall, TH left the game in which he got hurt.  Also, as I recall, TH had a bruised rib -- as opposed to a broken rib.

826887[/snapback]

Sorry, you are wrong. He had broken ribs. Don't even bother making an argument regarding heart, commitment, attitude, etc because then you are just going to make yourself look ridiculous. WM doesn't even come close to Travis in this regard.

Sorry, you are wrong.  He had broken ribs.  Don't even bother making an argument regarding heart, commitment, attitude, etc because then you are just going to make yourself look ridiculous.  WM doesn't even come close to Travis in this regard.

826950[/snapback]

Try again:

Bruised rib

Bottom line is that Willis almost cost us yesterday's game.  A few years back, Travis played with broken ribs.  Yesterday Willis sits and is seen in a great mood after the game.  We had to change our whole game plan after he left.    ;) 

We need high character guys like Travis on our team.  We traded the wrong guy.  This year is rebuilding anyway but when we are better Willis will not halp us.  Travis would have.   :doh:

826775[/snapback]

Retarded post. Travis has been gone for a while. WHO CARES ABOUT TRAVIS. Oh yeah, and great character in Travis. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

More from DJ on the injury:

Gee, what a kitty WM would be if he decided not to risk puncturing his lung.  ;)

You guys are unbelievable.

826901[/snapback]

Technology can help. Travis's injury was five years ago and there wasn't as much technology but he played anyway. Go ahead and make excuses for Willis and his low character if you want but Travis has already proven he would be playing.

I wouldnt exactly call Travis a high character guy.  Having sex with a 15yr old & getting suspended for substance abuse is not exactly the kind of character Marv wants in the lockerroom.

826801[/snapback]

Exactly, the reason TD drafted Willis was so that Travis would take it as a slap in the face. He knew that Travis had a coke problem and was either going to get busted by the cops or fail a drug test. If you ask me, a great move by TD, he trades him to the Titans, and he fails a drug test. Travis may be a hard nosed tough runner, but he certainly was no HIGH CHARACTER guy. I loved him when he was here, but he was no smarter than a box of rocks. He signed his contract extension a year early because he pissed away all his money and had nothing left. ;)

As evidenced by what?

TH played with a broken bone in his leg (not a wt. bearing bone) for something like 3 or 4 games.  WM wouldn't play with a broken fingernail.

826968[/snapback]

Just in case you really were serious in posing this question - DJ on WM :

"I wouldn't guess past this week because I don't know how long it will keep him out," Jauron said. "But it's serious enough for us at this point to say he won't play this week. Then we'll have to see how it progresses. Some of it will have to do with the healing process and some of it will have to do with the pain tolerance. I think we all know that this guy has a tremendous level of pain tolerance. This is really a tough guy so that won't be an issue. But the extent of the injury is something we'll have to keep monitoring as we go along."

Yeah, Travis played through injuries and he had injuries with his ribs, but I don't remember the injuries ever being so serious. Willis' broken rib is right near his lung and he could get killed out on the field if he gets hit the wrong way. I'd rather go with Anthony Thomas for a few weeks and let Willis heal up before we throw him in there and risk getting him seriously and I mean seriously hurt.