BCS

bartshan-83

other guys' poll

Notes:

- ND gets jumped by Cal for the crucial #8 spot and trails by 0.014...I hope this close trailing does not become a trend.

- Top 3 teams are also top 3 in computer avg (albeit out of order).

- Much love to UL all around...(I knew there was a reason they stayed in my top 10 <_< )

Onto the big boys...

Bart's College Standings

1. OSU (--)

2. Michigan (--)

3. Louisville (+3)

4. Florida (-1)

5. Texas (+3)

6. ND (+1)

7. USC (+2)

8. WVU (-4)

9. Auburn (+1)

10. Cal (+1)

Honorable mention (in order): Ark, LSU, Wisc

- I said I couldn't take UL down until they lost...and they still haven't. Have to give love to a great team with a great victory without their would-have-been top 5 draft pick, Michael Bush.

- I would have loved to switch OSU and Michigan this week, but as both teams looked terrible, it was a wash.

- Texas impresses me more as the season goes on and they get more dangerous as young Colt gets experience. I have to say I see Texas, ND and Florida all on about the same plane.

- ND is grooving offensively and we are going to be tough to stop for anyone in the nation. Need to cut out the mistakes.

- USC didn't mope too long.

- Can't drop WVU that far...at #3 in the country, they were overrated...at #10, they might be underrated.

- Tennessee had to go eventually....man the SEC is brutal

My top 10:

1. OSU

2. Michigan

3. Texas

4. Florida

5. Notre Dame

6. Auburn

7. USC

8. Arkansas

9. Cal

10a. Wisconsin

10b. Louisville

Some thoughts:

- I've got to say, being at the UT game this weekend, Colt and co impressed me. As people on this board know, I haven't been Colt's biggest fan. Except for one play (where he threw it to a single covered WR instead of a wide open WR for a TD), he didn't make the same mistakes he was prone to making. Great job by him. If Colt keeps this up, I think we can give any team in the country a game. I had Florida tied with Texas because of my lack of faith in Colt, but I think we'd beat em now.

- Sorry, Louisville, but you did not impress me vs West Virginia.

- Ed's homerism will make me keep Rutgers out of the top 10 if they beat Louisville. <_<

- USC is better then Cal. Inconsistent? For sure.

- Cal hits 9 just because I don't have faith that either Wisc or Louis would beat em, but it would be close.

- Arkansas keeps winning, so they get bumped up, even if it was an ugly win vs Spurrier.

- Wisconsin needs some love. The only team they've lost to is Michigan, and they've looked damn good in most of their other games.

If Louisville wins out they'll play the winner of Ohio State / Michigan

If Louisville loses, the National Title game could be a rematch of Ohio State / Michigan <_<

826238[/snapback]

ND is seemingly in a catch-22. Put aside that their chances for a Fiesta Bowl bid are extremely remote, it wouldn't really matter if they were ranked 4th right now. If Michigan loses to OSU, then it isn't really going to matter because Michigan won't drop below ND.

If OSU loses to Michigan (unless it is a serious blowout), they won't drop below ND.

This is price you pay for 26 point losses at home. <_<

My top 10:

1. OSU

2. Michigan

3. Texas

4. Florida

5. Notre Dame

6. Auburn

7. USC

8. Arkansas

9. Cal

10a. Wisconsin

10b. Louisville

826223[/snapback]

Blue, I gotta say that I can understand not giving Louisville love (they are probably overrated), but last week you had them ranked at 7 and now after they beat WVU, you drop them lower?

1. Ohio State- It's November, just win. Doesn't matter how.

2. Michigan- See above.

3. Florida- See above.

4. Notre Dame- Offense in synch. UNC never really threatened.

5. Texas- Solid all-around performance against a decent OK State team.

6. Louisville- I was sure WVU would win that game. UL would get mangled by the 1-5 teams above, IMO.

7. California- Never trailed against a decent UCLA team, and were up 35-10 with 10 mins left before 2 garbage-time TD's

8. Arkansas- On the road at night on national TV, the Hogs were impressive against South Carolina. 23-6 at half.

9. Wisconsin- One loss to UM. I'm not sure if you guys bet NCAA, but keep an eye on Wisconsin. They cover just about every week and I've made a killing on them.

10. USC- A 42-0 win at winless Stanford doesn not mean they're back. However, the offense may have found their identity in the last five minutes of the Oregon St game. Booty looked legit for the first time at the end of their loss, and it carried over to Stanford. Now the fun begins: OU, Cal, ND, at UCLA

Outside looking in (11-15): LSU, Auburn, Boise State, WVU, Rutgers

1. Ohio State- It's November, just win.  Doesn't matter how.

2. Michigan- See above.

3. Florida- See above.

4. Notre Dame- Offense in synch.  UNC never really threatened.

5. Texas- Solid all-around performance against a decent OK State team.

6. Louisville- I was sure WVU would win that game.  UL would get mangled by the 1-5 teams above, IMO.

7. California- Never trailed against a decent UCLA team, and were up 35-10 with 10 mins left before 2 garbage-time TD's

8. Arkansas- On the road at night on national TV, the Hogs were impressive against South Carolina.  23-6 at half.

9. Wisconsin- One loss to UM.  I'm not sure if you guys bet NCAA, but keep an eye on Wisconsin.  They cover just about every week and I've made a killing on them.

10. USC- A 42-0 win at winless Stanford doesn not mean they're back.  However, the offense may have found their identity in the last five minutes of the Oregon St game.  Booty looked legit for the first time at the end of their loss, and it carried over to Stanford.  Now the fun begins: OU, Cal, ND, at UCLA

Outside looking in (11-15): LSU, Auburn, Boise State, WVU, Rutgers

826891[/snapback]

You have Florida, ND, and Texas above Louisville? :doh: And WVU at 14? :o

It's obvious you have a BE bias. ;)

You have Florida, ND, and Texas above Louisville?  :doh: And WVU at 14?  :o

It's obvious you have a BE bias.  ;)

827100[/snapback]

I don't have any ACC teams up there, do I have an ACC bias?

Why do you get in a tizzy over my rankings? Post what you think, that's what this thread is for. In my opinion (key word)- Louisville would get crushed by Texas and Florida, and they would lose to Notre Dame. They would probably lose to a bunch of the other schools in the top-15.

I had WVU at 3, and Louisville at 11 last week. Louisville won, I moved them to 6, and WVU down to 14, because I wasn't overly impressed with either squad. Teams that allow 8 yards per play like Louisville and WVU are playing a different game from the rest of the country. You can get by when you're outscoring lesser competition, but against the big dogs, it tends to get ugly. If they played again at a neutral site, I think WVU wins. But I also think 2-loss LSU would manhandle both of them.

Blue, I gotta say that I can understand not giving Louisville love (they are probably overrated), but last week you had them ranked at 7 and now after they beat WVU, you drop them lower?

826556[/snapback]

Mainly because I don't think that they'd beat Arkansas or Cal, and it'd be close vs Wisconsin, after watching the game last week.

I don't have any ACC teams up there, do I have an ACC bias?

Louisville won, I moved them to 6, and WVU down to 14, because I wasn't overly impressed with either squad.  Teams that allow 8 yards per play like Louisville and WVU are playing a different game from the rest of the country.  You can get by when you're outscoring lesser competition, but against the big dogs, it tends to get ugly.

827121[/snapback]

Interesting. Michigan gave up 26 against Ball St. and Texas gave up 31 to TT.

I like your logic. :flirt:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.