It's Already Starting

San-O

Forgive me for coming off like a jerk.

Tony, I do respect what you're trying to do and realize you're performing an unpaid service.  I just think it's premature to say this season is over and basically, throwing Donahoe out suggests the season is over.  And I do feel it's far too early to say we should dump Mularkey.  I believe he can learn.  If anyone here doesn't hope they can turn it around, I think we can all agree they shouldn't be here.  But sometimes we get so fueled by that hope that we turn defensive and nasty.  What I said was uncalled for.

In any case, these are trying times for all Bills fans, but right now we're all trying to support the team and see if they actually do correct their mistakes.  Let's hope they do.

59536[/snapback]

Hey - no problem - everyone is entitled to the opinion. When I write I give my opinion but I know there are plenty who disagree with me (trust me - I get my share of hate mail). Like I said, I'm just happy people take the time to read what I write and think enough to form an opinion.

I don't think I'm ready to call for Mularkey to go - 3 games isn't any sort of time to pass judgement. I am concerned that we've been here before - a young coach who is learning on the job and talks a good game about discipline but the mistakes continue week after week. I am disappointed that we didn't go with an experienced guy (I know - not many were available) because where we are is where I feared we'd be.

Donahoe has had time to prove himself and he's really failed where it matters most - personnel decisions. That's not based only on 3 losses this season, its based on his losing record over his entire tenure in Buffalo. I don't advocate firing him now, in the midst of the season, but I do think the lack of results to this point shows that we need to head in another direction at the end of the year. Donahoe's done some good things (we did get out of a bad cap situation and the acquisition of Bledsoe and Milloy got fans energized and buying tickets), but the bottom line is that we are not where we should be and the job is not getting done. I don't know about you, but where I work if I make bad personnel decisions and don't get the job done I get fired - I don't see why Donahoe's situation should be any different.

We'll see how the rest of the season plays out (hopefully a bunch of W's), but it's going to take an incredible amount of good to outweigh the bad in Donahoe's overall record - I don't think it'll happen and I think the Bills will need to go in a different direction.

Guest coach lombardi
It's getting tougher and tougher to argue in Donahoe's favor.

59463[/snapback]

In fact, what are the compelling reasons to keep him?

Well, he got the Bills out of salary cap hell.

I could have done that and still won one out of every three games (17-34).

He's generous giving rookie head coaches experience and on the job training.

Sorry, I can't think of anything else.

Sounds like a keeper!!!!

We all know Donahoe's formula has not met much success.  We also know that this board will be jumping for joy and come right back on 'board if the Bills miraculously win the next three games.

59496[/snapback]

I'll drink to that! :D

Nice article, TA. I don't agree with everything, but most of it is spot on.

And if people don't like you (or for that matter, anyone) expressing an opinion,

it's just too f'n bad. :D

Actually it was a decent article, however donahoe will be here until the Bills next reach the playoffs.

That won't be for at least 2 years and probably 3.

Who the heck is Tony Bogyo? Should I know who he is? Did I miss a meeting or something?

59466[/snapback]

I don't know who he is.....-just seems like one of 'us'. And he wrote a very clear,well reasoned article summing up what is wrong with the Buffalo Bills. we all know at this pace...unless TD does something radically right....that this team is done for. 3-13(OK--there are reasons for that year)..then 8-8...OK-he is hanging in there...6-10 nightmare followed by probbly a 6-10 this year.Next year we start with a brand new QB who if we are lucky will be good in 2 years.So we are now on the 6 year plan with Donahoe??? Will ralph still be around???

Greggy--a disaster

Drew--a disaster

That O-coordinator(cant say his name-i start twitching)-disaster

O-line---very mediocre

rookie head coach???

no passrusher brought in in FOUR YEARS???

..But the biggest problem is drew...(cuz the QB is so vital in this league.).--and the great amount of time being wasted while we stubbornly stick with this guy.

RJ and Drew.......colossal mistakes of the bills(at least Drew is not a punk though:)