Rutgers will beat Louisville

IBTG81

Good.  Then when Rutgers loses to WVU the cycle of 1-loss teams will be complete.

823602[/snapback]

So if Rutgers beats Louisville and Rutgers loses to West Virginia and the 1-loss team that is ranked #2 beats the winner of OSU/Michigan, then the only undefeated team left in the country could be Boise State

So if Rutgers beats Louisville and Rutgers loses to West Virginia and the 1-loss team that is ranked #2 beats the winner of OSU/Michigan, then the only undefeated team left in the country could be Boise State

823678[/snapback]

Go Broncos!!! :devil:

I guarantee it.  ;)

On a side note, I'll be at the game. Tickets are being scalped for as much as $1,200 bucks a pop.  :devil:  :wub:

823593[/snapback]

Damn, $1,200 for a Big East football game? Wow. I heard of ND-Nebraska going for a grand, but I only even got 600 for a Fiesta Bowl ticket last year.

I guess though if I was a Rutgers fan, and I had a chance to witness their first memorable victory since 1869...I'd probably shell out too.

Anybody catch Greg Schiano's interview on ESPN Friday? They're already peppering questions on where he's going off to coach next year for big bucks. So I guess the fairy tale these days ends with drunk prince from Miami offering Cinderella $100 for a ballroom quickie at 8:30 p.m.

Anybody catch Greg Schiano's interview on ESPN Friday? They're already peppering questions on where he's going off to coach next year for big bucks. So I guess the fairy tale these days ends with drunk prince from Miami offering Cinderella $100 for a ballroom quickie at 8:30 p.m.

824767[/snapback]

He's been getting questioned for almost 6 weeks. He's from NJ, he's in the process of building a giant house next to the University, and has stated numerous times he isn't going anywhere. He's an RU guy. He also turned down the Miami job once before, back in 2001.

You know, I didn't believe in Rutgers a few weeks, but I'm inclined to agree now.  At the very least, they're going to scare the hell out of Louisville on Thursday.

824788[/snapback]

RU has a great defense. They are incredibly fast, and they swarm.

We also have the best backfield combo in college with Leonard and Rice. Our QB Teel is young, and makes some bad decisions.

RU has a great defense. They are incredibly fast, and they swarm.

We also have the best backfield combo in college with Leonard and Rice. Our QB Teel is young, and makes some bad decisions.

825256[/snapback]

Yeah, it really comes down to how good the Rutgers defense is. RU is too one dimensional to score much on Thursday, and the best they can hope for is if Teel plays mistake-free football and doesn't give Louisville the short field. So the game comes down to whether the Rutgers defense is for real because they have to carry the team and slow down Louisville's powerful attack.

Louisville beat Rutgers 56-5 last year (not a misprint). Let's see how much has changed in a year.

Yeah, it really comes down to how good the Rutgers defense is.  RU is too one dimensional to score much on Thursday, and the best they can hope for is if Teel plays mistake-free football and doesn't give Louisville the short field.  So the game comes down to whether the Rutgers defense is for real because they have to carry the team and slow down Louisville's powerful attack. 

Louisville beat Rutgers 56-5 last year (not a misprint).  Let's see how much has changed in a year.

827369[/snapback]

Teel and Hart (the starter last year) were both injured. Teel had a shoulder injury, so who knows.

RU got thrashed last year. Thrashed.

You know, I didn't believe in Rutgers a few weeks, but I'm inclined to agree now.  At the very least, they're going to scare the hell out of Louisville on Thursday.

824788[/snapback]

I tend to agree. And if the BlueFires on this board think Ed is insufferable now...

(Just kidding, Ed).

I think that the Cards will still be suffering from post-WVU hangover. It is entirely possible that the State University of New Jersey pulls this one out, but they will have to play out of their minds to do it.

If Louisville gets by (and my prediction is they just SQUEAK by, something like 22-21), then they run the table and play the OSU/Michigan winner.

Which of course, will be the Buckeyes. :flirt:

I tend to agree.  And if the BlueFires on this board think Ed is insufferable now...

(Just kidding, Ed).

I think that the Cards will still be suffering from post-WVU hangover.  It is entirely possible that the State University of New Jersey pulls this one out, but they will have to play out of their minds to do it.

If Louisville gets by (and my prediction is they just SQUEAK by, something like 22-21), then they run the table and play the OSU/Michigan winner.

Which of course, will be the Buckeyes.  :flirt:

827542[/snapback]

It's going to be insane at the game this week. Schiano is a genius. An absolute genius. 5 years ago, Rutgers was thinking about downgrading to 1-AA status, then he came along.

At this point, he could run for Governor in two years and win easily in this state.

I don't know if the Cards (I just realized that Cards may smash my dreams twice this season-the UL/RU game and my poor Mets) are going to have a letdown. Brohm already stated that this game is the biggest in the history of Louisville.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.