Why throw an entire season away because of one!

DeLuca1967

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeLuca, your objective facts lack context. A lot of 'em. How can you say "it doesn't matter what other quarterbacks do, Losman sucks and always will suck," when in essence what you are asking for is another quarterback?

Hence, people compare him to other QBs to lend the whole issue some context. They may not all be the best comparisons, but neither are your stats -- on their own. If someone can show that a successful QB had the same kinds of bad stats early in his career, it's relevant. It means there is a chance for the guy to grow. Again, I'm glad reactionaries like you don't make these decisions. It would make Bills football far more unbearable, and that's saying something.

My biggest concern is loosing the Bills to LA. I was under the impression that for any hope in keeping the Bills here they needed to improve and generate interest from everyone who resides here.I dont think we have time to wait and hope JP develops.God forbid if ralph is gone before this occurs, then what? Its quite possible we are running out of time here in Buffalo. Its been along time since we have had a good team. Im not saying Nall or holcomb are the answer, but it cant hurt to try. You say what do we have to loose , leave Losman in and let him develop. I say maybe our football team.

DeLuca, your objective facts lack context.  A lot of 'em.  How can you say "it doesn't matter what other quarterbacks do, Losman sucks and always will suck," when in essence what you are asking for is another quarterback?

Hence, people compare him to other QBs to lend the whole issue some context.  They may not all be the best comparisons, but neither are your stats -- on their own.  If someone can show that a successful QB had the same kinds of bad stats early in his career, it's relevant.  It means there is a chance for the guy to grow.  Again, I'm glad reactionaries like you don't make these decisions.  It would make Bills football far more unbearable, and that's saying something.

820644[/snapback]

I never said that.

I also think it is time to start thinking about another QB. If you want to bring other QB's into this fray? Let's :devil:

It took only 17 starts to realize/prove that Todd Collins couldn't cut it as an NFL starter. How many starts does Losman have? 15 I think.

Let's compare other numbers.

Com%

Losman 55.3

Collins 54.7 - Only 3 completions behind.

TD's

Losman 14

Collins 12

INT's

Losman 15

Collins 13

YPA

Losman 6.24

Collins 6.20

Comp 20+

Losman 31

Collins 38

Comp 40+

Losman 9

Collins 12

I guesss you would say Collins deserved more time under you guidelines :(

If you want I can pull up the Rob Johnson numbers. :huh:

"objective facts" ? You should read most of the posts that many who hold your same position write if you want to see a void of "objective facts".

So far I have only seen two "objective facts" in favor of JP Losman staying the starter.

1) The Bills do not have a better QB on the roster. Again, to this I will say you won't know for sure until you try.

820555[/snapback]

They tried, in preseason. Did you watch any of it?

My biggest concern is loosing the Bills to LA.  I was under the impression that for any hope in keeping the Bills here they needed to improve and generate interest from everyone who resides here.I dont think we have time to wait and hope JP develops.God forbid if ralph is gone before this occurs, then what?                                                                                                                                                  Its quite possible we are running out of time here in Buffalo. Its been along time since we have had a good team. Im not saying Nall or holcomb are the answer, but it cant hurt to try. You say what do we have to loose , leave Losman in and let him develop. I say maybe our football team.

820658[/snapback]

And switching QBs will magically improve our horrendous offensive line or improve our fly weight defensive lines ability to stop the run?

switching quarterbacks wont magically do anything to the offense or defensive line. It will simply switch quaterbacks and maybe give us some hope---maybe.But maybe is better then none.

820693[/snapback]

What hope are you going to get out of Kelly Holcomb? Haven't you already seen him and realized he doesn't have any upside?

Do you throw one season... or even 2.. away; if that will allow your players to develop thereby giving you 5+ years of Super Bowl contention?

Do you blow up your team every season, bringing in new guys and hoping to get lucky thereby giving you 1 year of Super Bowl contention?

I think that's the basis of this arguement and at the root of starting or benching JP. For me, its an easy decision.

Do you throw one season... or even 2.. away; if that will allow your players to develop thereby giving you 5+ years of Super Bowl contention?  

Do you blow up your team every season, bringing in new guys and hoping to get lucky thereby giving you 1 year of Super Bowl contention?

I think that's the basis of this arguement and at the root of starting or benching JP.  For me, its an easy decision.

820701[/snapback]

Did you get those pills from a doctor or a guy in a van?

Losman has yet to show he can compete in games on a regular basis. And you think another 20 starts will turn the Bills into the Pats?

News Flash.

If you want to compare the Bills to other NFL teams. You might want to start with the Cardinals and Lions. Superbowl contenders? Please. If the Bills don't turn it around soon? The 5-11 Bills of 2005 might be refered to as "The Glory Years". :devil:

What hope are you going to get out of Kelly Holcomb?  Haven't you already seen him and realized he doesn't have any upside?

820695[/snapback]

What hope are you going to get out of JP Losman? Haven't you already seen him and realized he doesn't have any upside?

Fits just as well :devil:

If you want to compare the Bills to other NFL teams. You might want to start with the Cardinals and Lions. Superbowl contenders? Please. If the Bills don't turn it around soon? The 5-11 Bills of 2005 might be refered to as "The Glory Years". :(

820706[/snapback]

BINGO

What hope are you going to get out of JP Losman?  Haven't you already seen him and realized he doesn't have any upside?

Fits just as well :(

820707[/snapback]

No it doesn't. I'm not pleased with the way Losman has been playing but he has the physical tools. Holcomb does not. Losman has not played as well as I might like but he has improved over last year. There are plenty of QBs who teams have given up on only to turn it around, a fact you routinely ignore in your anti-Losman jihad. I'm willing to wait until the end of the season. If I thought changing QBs might make the difference between making the play-offs or not, I might think differently but this team is a long way from that because it is weak in so many places, particularly the offensive and defensive lines.

I'd rather go 2-14 with Losman, know that he doesn't have "IT", have a chance at a very high draft pick, and the ability to build for the future than finish 6-10 and have none of that.

No it doesn't.  I'm not pleased with the way Losman has been playing but he has the physical tools.  Holcomb does not.  Losman has not played as well as I might like but he has improved over last year. There are plenty of QBs who teams have given up on only to turn it around, a fact you routinely ignore in your anti-Losman jihad.  I'm willing to wait until the end of the season.  If I thought changing QBs might make the difference between making the play-offs or not, I might think differently but this team is a long way from that because it is weak in so many places, particularly the offensive and defensive lines.

I'd rather go 2-14 with Losman, know that he doesn't have "IT", have a chance at a very high draft pick, and the ability to build for the future than finish 6-10 and have none of that.

820855[/snapback]

For every QB that has "turned around" there a dozen that haven't. There are far more QB's Like Todd Collins than there are Drew Brees. Your strongest point proves you are wrong.

For every QB that has "turned around" there a dozen that haven't. There are far more QB's Like Todd Collins than there are Drew Brees. Your strongest point proves you are wrong.

820865[/snapback]

No because at least there is a chance of Losman improving. Kelly Holcomb is Kelly Holcomb. He's had 10 years in the league and amply demonstrated that he doesn't have the physical tools.