If the season ended today..........

8) Buffalo Bills- Jake Long- OT, Michigan

Analysis: J.P has shown signs of improvement and even greatness, when he does not have 3 guys in his face after a 3 step drop. He has shown nice mobility and t he ability to make plays. JP is not the reason for Buffalo's struggles. If there is one offensive line that is worse than Arizona, it is Buffalo's. Jake Long is a mammoth tackle and a huge reason for the success of Michael Hart in Ann Arbor. For a guy his size, he moves very well and almost glides. He will step in from day 1 and protect Losman's blind side. The Bills will work on the line so they can contend for the AFC East title.

What? I thought JP was the problem and that Quinn would solve the problem. You mean Buffalo should build an o-line to block for JP? THis guy is crazy?

Seriously though, I believe this guy is a converted TE, and we have seen that Buffalo has had a good track record (1-1) with converted TE's on the o-line

Jake Long is a mammoth tackle and a huge reason for the success of Michael Hart in Ann Arbor.

BULLsh--!!!

Mike Hart is a damn good back regardless of who his OL line is. In fact... Hart makes an Oline look a lot better thatn it otherwise would. Mike Hart, at any level, is an outstanding back. This kid has stuff you can't coach... vision, instincts, and subtle moves that make a defender miss.

I'm not saying Jake Long is not a good OL.... all I'm taking issue is with that statement regarding why Hart is so productive... that statement is just not true.

BULLsh--!!!

Mike Hart is a damn good back regardless of who his OL line is.  In fact... Hart makes an Oline look a lot better thatn it otherwise would.  Mike Hart, at any level, is an outstanding back.  This kid has stuff you can't coach... vision, instincts, and subtle moves that make a defender miss.

I'm not saying Jake Long is not a good OL.... all I'm taking issue is with that statement regarding why Hart is so productive... that statement is just not true.

818497[/snapback]

Having a good O-line in front of you definitely helps a talented back produce. Ask Willis about running behind a sh*t O-line.

BULLsh--!!!

Mike Hart is a damn good back regardless of who his OL line is.  In fact... Hart makes an Oline look a lot better thatn it otherwise would.  Mike Hart, at any level, is an outstanding back.  This kid has stuff you can't coach... vision, instincts, and subtle moves that make a defender miss.

818497[/snapback]

Not sure why you would say that....Hart is good, approaching excellent, but has an outstanding OL to help him.

Jake Long does both - good blind side protector for Henne and an excellent run blocker. He's one of the mammoth guys, but he's agile & very athletic for a guy who's 6-7, 315. Marv should make this guy a #1 priority.

Having a good O-line in front of you definitely helps a talented back produce. Ask Willis about running behind a sh*t O-line.

The operative word here seems to be "talented". I'm not sure that "talented" and "back" should be used together when describing Willis. In this case, those words are mutually exclusive.

Is Willis elusive, can he make a defender miss? Does he have the speed to take it to the house? Does he have Walter Payton, Jerome Bettis, Ricky Williams, Jamaal Lewis type power? Does he consistently pick up the blitz and do that part of the job? Does he consistenly make plays in the passing game?

The oline may be important, but if you're a "talented back" you make the oline look good, not the other way around. Corey Dillon proved it in Cincy and Ladanian in SD.

What we need to be here is objective and honest. Instead of listening to Willis's words to the world that "he's the best in the business" and taking him at his word. How bout he prove it first, and let us decide. In other words, instead of holding a RB with a career 3.9/carry avg. high up on a pedestal, how about we hold his feet to the fire and stop making excuses for why he can't function at a higher level? If your the best, you make everyone around you better. Tell us Willis does that.