This Just In

Allen is Rasict

Webb hates women

Allen is Jewish

Allen put the head of a deer in a black mans mailbox

Webb is a pedofile

Where does this end! Ugliest election I have ever seen.

818097[/snapback]

It is pretty ugly, but it's been made uglier by the fact that Allen just doesn't know when to shut up. His comments about his Jewish heritage were baffling, as if he himself had a problem with it -- when really no one else did so far as I can tell. Same thing with the "Macaca" thing. Say you're sorry, it was dumb, let's talk ideas.

I've not seen a lot about Webb other than re: his experience in the Navy/administration and the foibles with women's issues.

Allen is Rasict

Webb hates women

Allen is Jewish

Allen put the head of a deer in a black mans mailbox

Webb is a pedofile

Where does this end! Ugliest election I have ever seen.

818097[/snapback]

Both these "candidates" are dreadful but at least be thankful that Allen, who was being foisted upon by many in the mainstream media as a potential frontrunner in the Presidential sweepstakes of '08, was exposed for the confederetro freak he truly is.

it is really entertaining to listen to the morning spin after something like this happens.

some talking head this morning was on Imus spinning the Webb book:

"oh....so what are we not supposed to like Johnny Cash because he wrote a song about shooting a man in Reno just to watch him die?"

:lol:

Webb is a pedofile?  What kind of a statement is that?  Source please.  And don't cite the verbiage in "Lost Soldiers".  That is a work of fiction, but nevertheless Webb claims he witnessed such a thing.

818628[/snapback]

I dont think he is a pedofile any more than I think Allen is racist. Clearly the quotes were inappropriate (on both sides), and its a shame both sides think they need to stoop to this level to get elected.

I dont think he is a pedofile any more than I think Allen is racist.  Clearly the quotes were inappropriate (on both sides), and its a shame both sides think they need to stoop to this level to get elected.

818766[/snapback]

To be fair, all that backs the claim that Webb is a pedophile is an excerpt from a work of fiction wherein he describes something that he actually saw take place. Allegations of Allen's racism have a lot more instances of questionable words and actions to back them up.

There is the macaca thing, his alleged use of the n-word in the past, the deer head incident, his opposition to the MLK holiday and support for Confederate History month, his support for and display of the Confederate flag; it becomes a pattern.

His current down-home image and embrace of all things "Southern" is somewhat peculiar given the fact that the man didn't live in VA until his sophomore year in college, when he transferred to UVA. He grew up in California and Chicago. This also makes his attacks on Webb as an "outsider" that hasn't seen the "real Virginia" somewhat perplexing.

I think there are legitimate questions as to Allen's views on race, while there just isn't much question that calling Webb a "pedofile" is a huge leap.

There is the macaca thing, his alleged use of the n-word in the past, the deer head incident, his opposition to the MLK holiday and support for Confederate History month, his support for and display of the Confederate flag; it becomes a pattern.

Allen used a racial term I didnt even know existed (and thats saying something!). Webb ADMITTED to using the n word. In an interview he said (paraphrasing) "I dont think there is anyone who grew up in the south who has not uttered that word" . Which is probably a more honest answer, but thats not the point.

A deer head incident that cannot be proven and has been denied by most people close to him. The police have no record of that incident occuring. Tell me what family finds a deer head in their mailbox and does not file a police report.

Until 1990 the state of Virginia did not honor MLK day, and instead had Jackon-Lee Day (after stonewall jackson and robert e lee). To this day, a day is set aside for Jackson-Lee, although King is now honored on the traditional day. Allen was NOT AGAINST martin luther king day. He WAS AGAINST (as were the majority of virginians) putting it on the same day as Jackson and Lee. People in the south are proud of their herritage. The confederate flag is part of our nations history. I dont have a problem with the confederate flag. Yes there is a racial element to it, but I dont think most people who display the confederate flag do so for racial reasons. They do so because they are proud of their herritage, dispite its flaws.

Meanwhile Webb has admitted using the N word, said (again paraphrasing) that "the naval acadamy is a horny womans dream", has written books containing VERY explicit sexual language involving 4 year old children.

Again, I dont believe allen is racist. I dont believe Webb is either. I dont believe Webb is anti-women, nor do I believe Allen is. I dont believe any of it, because its ridiculous. Its dirty politics at its finest. And sadly it does noting to help the state of Virginia. I have been a fan of Allens politics, and I was hoping he would run for presideing in 08....but after seeing how this campaign has been run, no thanks.

Allen used a racial term I didnt even know existed (and thats saying something!).  Webb ADMITTED to using the n word.  In an interview he said (paraphrasing)  "I dont think there is anyone who grew up in the south who has not uttered that word" .  Which is probably a more honest answer, but thats not the point. 

A deer head incident that cannot be proven and has been denied by most people close to him.  The police have no record of that incident occuring.  Tell me what family finds a deer head in their mailbox and does not file a police report.

Until 1990 the state of Virginia did not honor MLK day, and instead had Jackon-Lee Day (after stonewall jackson and robert e lee).  To this day, a day is set aside for Jackson-Lee, although King is now honored on the traditional day.  Allen was NOT AGAINST martin luther king day.  He WAS AGAINST (as were the majority of virginians) putting it on the same day as Jackson and Lee.  People in the south are proud of their herritage.  The confederate flag is part of our nations history.  I dont have a problem with the confederate flag.  Yes there is a racial element to it, but I dont think most people who display the confederate flag do so for racial reasons.  They do so because they are proud of their herritage, dispite its flaws.

Meanwhile Webb has admitted using the N word, said (again paraphrasing) that "the naval acadamy is a horny womans dream", has written books containing VERY explicit sexual language involving 4 year old children. 

Again, I dont believe allen is racist.  I dont believe Webb is either.  I dont believe Webb is anti-women, nor do I believe Allen is.  I dont believe any of it, because its ridiculous.  Its dirty politics at its finest.  And sadly it does noting to help the state of Virginia.  I have been a fan of Allens politics, and I was hoping he would run for presideing in 08....but after seeing how this campaign has been run, no thanks.

819274[/snapback]

VA has a Jackson-Lee day? Cool...

ugh, and i gotta decide which one of these assclowns to vote for :P

Only 3rd party on the ballot are the Green's, and they may be withdrawing fromt he race

And the confusing ballot disenfranchising democratic voters warcries have already started. Webb appears on the ballot as James H. 'Jim' Webb, which is too long for the ballot in northern VA :lol: