The Sad Truth About Ralph Wilson

otterpops

I should have also included the fact Wilson has run off:

Chuck Knox

Wade Phillips

and supposedly was responsible for Doug Flutie's playoff demotion.

815609[/snapback]

Yup, RW, fumbled at the goal line in that playoff game, right?

This is nonsense, with the league refusing to pony up 1,000,000,000.00 to build a stadium in the L.A. area, adding in the cost of buying, say the Bills for, 800,000,000.00........looks to me that the cost of placing a team in the L.A. market area has reached the point of BAD investment.....

Unless of course Bill Gates needs a new hobby, I don't see anyone willing to take that sort of gamble as it will be damn near impossible to turn a PROFIT.

The cost of buying and then relocating a team has already passed the point of good business investment, unless of course someone needs a new HOBBY.....

Hey L.A., get used to NO NFL FOOTBALL, the voters in cali. will never pay for the over inflated real estate that is needed to build the stadium and the billionare owners aren't paying either... :lol:

816513[/snapback]

It isn't a bad investment. The Texans paid nearly that much for the expansion team.

Dear buffalobillsfootball,

A tad defensive I see. Years of losing will do that. Instead of being so defensive, please refute what I have written. If you re-read the post you will see I do credit Ralph Wilson for keeping the Bills here. But lets be real about why this team is so bad. I hope I am wrong but I don't see how it really changes until there is new ownership. I for one am confident that when Ralph goes an owner will purchase the team and keept them in Buffalo. It's pretty sad that some Bills fans are in a place where they can't criticize their owner for fear he will move their team. Gotta go check out the Argos page!

816064[/snapback]

Dear Mr. Argo Otterpoops,

Knowing Buffalo wasn't Ralph's first choice; I'm thankful the Bills ended up in Buffalo - thanks to Ralph. Ralph would never move the Bills; but he did make that initial choice to bring them here.

Hence, without Ralph, there would be no Buffalo Bills.

I didn't say anything about being insecure about their future. I, too, believe the Bills will forever remain in WNY. The league knows, the region knows, and our politicians know not to mess that one up.

Thanks again, Ralph, for doing the best that you can do. You won't be able to please everyone; but know that this Bills' family appreciates all that you have done.

Peace

Or how about Memphis or Toronto? No one thought Nashville would be able to lure a team, but they did.

There are several potential cities that could/would want an NFL team and would be willing to pay for a new stadium, which is where owners can make a considerable amount of money outside of revenue sharing. The Buffalo market simply cannot afford a new stadium.

Just as the Sabres couldn't really turn it around until solid ownership was secured I think that is the fate that awaits the Bills.

815586[/snapback]

The young Sabres players making a name for themselves today have been in the organization for 3-5-7 years. But don't let facts stand in the way of a good rant... :doh:

TD was THE highest profile GM candidate available at the time he was hired. His being named GM was well received at the time. That he turned into the "little general" after the first two years and totally FUBAR'd the franchise is something that most people--including even his strongest detractors from his PGH days--probably could not have imagined.

It isn't a bad investment.  The Texans paid nearly that much for the expansion team.

816782[/snapback]

You might be right and I haven't looked it up, but 2billion dollars for the texans (Stadium + Franchise fee) I think not......2 billion to field an NFL franchise in L.A., is a bad investment, otherwise it would have been done by now....and the cost of land just keeps rising, day by day... :doh: