Edwards made a good point

VABills

So I admit I didn't watch the entire debate, but I did watch te first hour. Once they got past Iraq, they moved into the economy. Theere was a discussion about jobs in Cleveland and the 31% unemployment rate there and what each will do to fix it.

Well I thought it was interesting in Edwards 2 minutes that he said, "Since this admin has taken office the US has lost 1.6 million jobs. That includes 2.7 million manufactoring jobs....."

So by my calculation, that means Edwards and Kerry agree that except for the manufactoring the US has actually gained 1.1 million jobs. Thats okay since manufactoring tend to be low skill, low training jobs, we are getting the type of jobs we want.

Wow, we have gained 1.1 million jobs outside of the low skill jobs. I guess if anyone know is complaining it must be those of you sticking alarm clocks or cars together on an assembly line.

So I admit I didn't watch the entire debate, but I did watch te first hour.  Once they got past Iraq, they moved into the economy.  Theere was a discussion about jobs in Cleveland and the 31% unemployment rate there and what each will do to fix it. 

Well I thought it was interesting in Edwards 2 minutes that he said, "Since this admin has taken office the US has lost 1.6 million jobs.  That includes 2.7 million manufactoring jobs....." 

So by my calculation, that means Edwards and Kerry agree that except for the manufactoring the US has actually gained 1.1 million jobs.  Thats okay since manufactoring tend to be low skill, low training jobs, we are getting the type of jobs we want.

Wow, we have gained 1.1 million jobs outside of the low skill jobs.  I guess if anyone know is complaining it must be those of you sticking alarm clocks or cars together on an assembly line.

58740[/snapback]

How can you sit there and tell those people their jobs didn't matter? I've spent my summers doing hard labor in construction and now stone walls and firewood b/c I can't find one of these great new jobs of which you speak. This economy was allowed to stagnate under this president by letting companies that get corporate welfare ship jobs overseas. Manufacturing jobs are what made this country what it is. Call it low-skill if you want, but bear in mind that not everyone in this country is an Einstein-in-waiting. Do you think the oh-so-great service jobs are any more important (I rather think they're much more demoralizing). We need a diverse employment field. And when other countries decide not to allow their companies to sell us things we need, you might whistle a different tune. Because that day is coming.

And the most telling statistic is that on average, what jobs have been created pay about $9,000 less per year than the jobs that left. I would think most people's definition of high skills and job training isn't "Would you like fries with that?"

Just sayin'.

So if you have a problem tell Teresa to move her Ketchup and other jobs back to the US.  :w00t:

58814[/snapback]

Am I supposed to be impressed with a red-herring one liner?

Snopes.com Urban Legends: Heinz Sight

According to Heinz itself, the Heinz family trust which Mrs. Kerry inherited sold most of its shares of Heinz stock back in 1995 and currently holds less than a 4% interest in the company.

As the H.J. Heinz Company notes, well over half its sales come from foreign markets, and it therefore operates overseas facilities to serve those markets.

Currently, 60% of the sales of the H.J. Heinz Company are outside the United States and to accommodate those customers by providing facilities closer to those markets, the company maintains a number of overseas facilities that provide products for consumers in those markets. This allows Heinz to pack the freshest ingredients, tailor its recipes to local tastes and deliver the finished products in a timely and efficient manner. In the United States, Heinz makes its flagship ketchup in factories in Fremont, Ohio; Muscatine, Iowa; and Stockton, California.

Wow. Facts suck.

Am I supposed to be impressed with a red-herring one liner?

Urban Legends: Heinz Sight

Wow. Facts suck.

58835[/snapback]

So you think that a stock holder with 4% of a major corporation has no say in a company. You are the confused one here.

Fact remains though. Outside of these low - skill jobs the economy has generated 1.1 million jobs. Edwards even admits that even if it was backhanded. Also, so what if they move overseas? People have got to realize that they are not guarenteed a job for life. They have got to constantly learn and educate themselves and be ready to adapt. People who rest on their laurals and don't learn new things are lazy in my mind. I don't care if they are hard at work, part of their weekly job has got to be learning new things. Those that don't change are billsfanone to fail.

So you think that a stock holder with 4% of a major corporation has no say in a company.  You are the confused one here. 

Fact remains though.  Outside of these low - skill jobs the economy has generated 1.1 million jobs.  Edwards even admits that even if it was backhanded.  Also, so what if they move overseas?  People have got to realize that they are not guarenteed a job for life.  They have got to constantly learn and educate themselves and be ready to adapt.  People who rest on their laurals and don't learn new things are lazy in my mind.  I don't care if they are hard at work, part of their weekly job has got to be learning new things.  Those that don't change are billsfanone to fail.

58846[/snapback]

So we are back to the favorite right-wing mantra of "if your poor its your fault because your lazy!" What bunk. Tell that to millions of single parents who are working two or three jobs in the "new service economy" where wages are far lower, they get no medical coverage, and you can forget retirement. These folks are working their tails off just to survive, much less thrive! Go tell that mom she is lazy and see how many testicles you come back with!

So we are back to the favorite right-wing mantra of "if your poor its your fault because your lazy!" What bunk. Tell that to millions of single parents who are working two or three jobs in the "new service economy" where wages are far lower, they get no medical coverage, and you can forget retirement. These folks are working their tails off just to survive, much less thrive! Go tell that mom she is lazy and see how many testicles you come back with!

58873[/snapback]

You're preaching to the wrong person here. If you had any clue at all about my background and upbringing you would not say that.

So why is it the government responsibility to create low skill manufactoring jobs for someone who is too lazy to learn anything else? Explain?

58873[/snapback]

So we are back to the favorite right-wing mantra of "if your poor its your fault because your lazy!"

Thats is addition to being stupid. Tell mom to keep her legs closed and finish grammar school.Or she could go to Vegas and get a job as a high paying hoe and make some real money :w00t::o Same old libber BS pay for the losers. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Thats is addition to being stupid. Tell mom to keep her legs closed and finish grammar school.Or she could go to Vegas and get a job as a high paying hoe and make some real money :w00t:  :o Same old libber BS pay for the losers. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

58898[/snapback]

"high paying hoe?" You talking about Cheney and Halliburton?

Shouldnt you be reading "The Onion" for your intelligent quotes of the day :w00t: .Your trail lawyer boy had it handed to him last night.

58908[/snapback]

I don't know boomer. Seems most of the polls are saying Edwards was the winner. But hey...you guys need the respite. Assuming Cheney didn't drool all over himself and poop his pants he would be seen as a relief after Bushies nightmare debate. And the Onion is a little better than your buddy Rush! Funnier and less pompous! :o;)

"high paying hoe?"  You talking about Cheney and Halliburton?

58903[/snapback]

Ching ching.

We have a winner!!!

Conratulations counselor for the day's first unofficial Halliburton non sequitur.

edwards was such an assmonkey in this debate. His jaw about hit the ground when Cheney said that on this stage was the first time they had met in 4 years. That more then anything else, drove home the point that edwards and his buddy kerry, are all show....and no go.

The next best line of the night was when Cheney B word slapped edwards about not ackowledging the iraqi soldiers in the fight. Even when edwards tried to talk over him, Cheney just put his hand up and reminded the little senator how insignificant he really is.

I was really hoping that Cheney would have asked how edwards is doing in his own state at the moment. I would loved to have seen his answer on the 15 point lead that the good guys have there at this time.

All in all I would say that the night was won by the good guys, and lost by the assmonkeys.

edwards was such an assmonkey in this debate. His jaw about hit the ground when Cheney said that on this stage was the first time they had met in 4 years. That more then anything else, drove home the point that edwards and his buddy kerry, are all show....and no go.

The next best line of the night was when Cheney B word slapped edwards about not ackowledging the iraqi soldiers in the fight. Even when edwards tried to talk over him, Cheney just put his hand up and reminded the little senator how insignificant he really is.

I was really hoping that Cheney would have asked how edwards is doing in his own state at the moment. I would loved to have seen his answer on the 15 point lead that the good guys have there at this time.

All in all I would say that the night was won by the good guys, and lost by the assmonkeys.

58925[/snapback]

You mean the two wonderful examples you used where Cheney flat lied? Even Faux News reported this morning he met Edwards on at least three occasions. And Edwars clearly stated 90 % of "coaltion casulties". Shouldn't you be starting threads entitled, "Cheney lied! Cheney lied! Cheney lied!"

BTW, why are you even up this early, what time is it in Neverneverbetterland?

58925[/snapback]

Richio, The republicans could run anyone and they would be winning in North Carolina. This is the state where many of the residents didnt think Jess Helms was liberal enough and folks call into local talk shows and feel that programming that includes Rush Limbaugh is to liberal as well.