Troy Smith is the answer

Everyone be honest with yourselves and realize that JP is most likely not the answer. That being said, I believe that Troy Smith, not Quinn or Stanton, should be the future QB of the Bills. He has the perfect combination of passing/running game that is needed to play in Buffalo. This absolutely blows that I'm writing about drafting in the top 8 spots in next years draft again.

I'm with you. We need a guy who has proven he can win at a high level. Keep Losman around and maybe he can pull a Drew Brees but it's not happening by itself. And Drew Brees was actually a good QB in college in the Big 10. People have been making excuses for Losman since he was at Tulane - those ferocious Conference USA pass rushers will get you every time.

Everyone be honest with yourselves and realize that JP is most likely not the answer.  That being said, I believe that Troy Smith, not Quinn or Stanton, should be the future QB of the Bills.  He has the perfect combination of passing/running game that is needed to play in Buffalo.  This absolutely blows that I'm writing about drafting in the top 8 spots in next years draft again.

813375[/snapback]

I'll be honest with you, I'm going to block you. Not because you've ever done anything to offend me, I've never responded to one of your posts before.

It's because I am so deeply tired of reading these "this guy is the answer thread, we need this guy, he'll help out" yadda yaddda yaddda

This entire team has failed the last three games.

I would hope you would realize that there are other glaring problems with this team other than a young QB who's support structure has fallen apart (O-line, receivers running the worst routes that I've ever seen, a coach who's nickname should be "captain obvious")

Do you really think that any other QB is going to be effective on this team, with this line, with this 'd', with this coach?

I think absolutely not, you could have put a hall of famer in there at QB today and it wouldn't have changed a thing, maybe you'd get 7 more points or something minute and insignificant like that. The O-line has returned to it's old form only after 7 games.

Sorry dude, just have to do it.

I guess that people on this board don't notice that the Patriots draft linemen in the first round, the last quarterback drafted by the Patriots in the first round was Bledsoe.

813422[/snapback]

.....and that's because they found Brady & replaced Bledsoe with him. Had they not lucked onto Brady, they might well be drafting QBs in the first round again.

Don't get me wrong here....there is no way I want us to draft a QB over an OT next draft.

Surely the BIG question is....does JP look like he could be decent(& continue developing) if he had good protection on a (semi)regular basis? If the answer is at least maybe, then he should not be given up on. Why replace a 'maybe' struggling behind a sub-standard OL with another 'maybe' who will struggle behind a sub-standard OL?

I guess that people on this board don't notice that the Patriots draft linemen in the first round, the last quarterback drafted by the Patriots in the first round was Bledsoe.

813422[/snapback]

you may be a fair weather fan but your right. this team needs an oline and d line before we decide if losman is capable or not. i love jp he did make some nice plays today. that pass to evans shoulda been a td and he ovethrew davis but he played better than the bears game against a damn good team and coach who has had the bills number the last 7 games. the fumble when he got hit by vrable he had both hands on the ball which is an improvement from last week but he had no time to react he was in his face. the other fumble at the end, he tried to avoid the ref and lost it. by that time it didnt matter, his pick was bad but drafting another qb is not gonna make this better. if you draft a qb take a project in the fifth rd not a 1st rounder. that should be say a left tackle or guard or d tackle hell a linbacker even not a qb. if they draft a qb in the first rd (baring injury that so justifys it) i will no longer be a bills fan

813422[/snapback]

I wonder how many straight years without them going to the SB it will take for Bills fans to stop comparing us to Patriot teams. As Dibs sayed below the only reason they didnt draft another QB is because they got lucky with Brady. No Brady = more QB picks.

.....and that's because they found Brady & replaced Bledsoe with him.  Had they not lucked onto Brady, they might well be drafting QBs in the first round again.

Don't get me wrong here....there is no way I want us to draft a QB over an OT next draft.

Surely the BIG question is....does JP look like he could be decent(& continue developing) if he had good protection on a (semi)regular basis?  If the answer is at least maybe, then he should not be given up on.  Why replace a 'maybe' struggling behind a sub-standard OL with another 'maybe' who will struggle behind a sub-standard OL?

813443[/snapback]

I realize just as much as the next guy that we need offensive lineman. I watch the games. But let me ask everyone this....what is our long-term plan at QB?? I suppose we can try out Nall later in the season if this crap continues with this team, but I firmly believe we need a guy like Smith. I'm also sick and tired of hearing, "The patriots wouldnt draft a 1st round QB." No kidding, they have a guy named Tom Brady. I want a stud QB AND a rebuilt Oline. We need to get this guy, and then fortify the lines with the rest of our picks.

The Bills can pick QBs until the cows come home and that won't turn them into winners. Perhaps the Bills don't need a players' HC; a franchise friendly one might put up some better numbers. The team has been a day late and a dollar short for a decade. Where does that come from?

What makes you think Troy Smith is the answer? He plays on a loaded team in college -- how would he fare behind subpar talent? Just how tall is he anyway -- is he going to be able to throw from an NFL pocket? At any rate, if you really want him as QB, you won't need to spend a first rounder because that's not where he's going.