I've seen enough...

zonabb

Why does it seem the same fundamental problems have stayed with this team for the last 5+ years. The issues are laughable at this juncture. Let's not throw the current regime under the bus after 7 games. But we can see some obvious problems due to TD. And there are some major problems I see coaching wise with this team, namely on offense, the msot glaring is the OL, not how it's coached, but how the offense continues, stubbornly, to not move JP around and let him roll our more. But aside from that, what really drives me nuts, and MM and GW are just as guilty is a complete lack of the TE in these offenses. A QB that's learning on the job behind a joke of an OL needs TEs that he can dump down to and use in patterns. We're not seeing it. And NE is a perfect example, they us the TE as a weapon, not a last resort.

So offensively, they continue, year after year after year to trot out the worst group of OL we possible can. Look at the second rate OL we get in FA and the "projects' they try to draft. Laughable.

Defensively, I'm not sold on this scheme either, based on speed. Our "quick" DL get man-handled more often than not. That leaves the DBs on their own, which brings me to Clements and McGee. These guys are brutal. McGee looked like a peewee played on the Jackson TD today.

And when the defense does play well, they continue to not get turnovers. You can't win without them. Plain and simple.

Lastly, I've been a wait-and-see fan with JP, but I've seen all I need to. He's your typical physically gifted QB with no pocket sense and the inability to show he can learn. He doesn't get the ball out fast enough, locks onto receivers, and has shown an overall lack of growth.

What separates the great QBs from the rest isn't the so-called "it." It's brains. I've said it on this board before and I'll say it again, I'll take a guy with good skills and brains over a guy with great skills whose a moron. There's a website out there that lists Wonderlic scores. Find it, it proves brains over skills once and for all.

I'm a Bills fan but I won't let that deter me from saying what needs to be said, JP isn't the guy.

Why does it seem the same fundamental problems have stayed with this team for the last 5+ years. The issues are laughable at this juncture. Let's not throw the current regime under the bus after 7 games. But we can see some obvious problems due to TD. And there are some major problems I see coaching wise with this team, namely on offense, the msot glaring is the OL, not how it's coached, but how the offense continues, stubbornly, to not move JP around and let him roll our more. But aside from that, what really drives me nuts, and MM and GW are just as guilty is a complete lack of the TE in these offenses. A QB that's learning on the job behind a joke of an OL needs TEs that he can dump down to and use in patterns. We're not seeing it. And NE is a perfect example, they us the TE as a weapon, not a last resort.

So offensively, they continue, year after year after year to trot out the worst group of OL we possible can. Look at the second rate OL we get in FA and the "projects' they try to draft. Laughable.

Defensively, I'm not sold on this scheme either, based on speed. Our "quick" DL get man-handled more often than not. That leaves the DBs on their own, which brings me to Clements and McGee. These guys are brutal. McGee looked like a peewee played on the Jackson TD today.

And when the defense does play well, they continue to not get turnovers. You can't win without them. Plain and simple.

Lastly, I've been a wait-and-see fan with JP, but I've seen all I need to. He's your typical physically gifted QB with no pocket sense and the inability to show he can learn. He doesn't get the ball out fast enough, locks onto receivers, and has shown an overall lack of growth.

What separates the great QBs from the rest isn't the so-called "it." It's brains. I've said it on this board before and I'll say it again, I'll take a guy with good skills and brains over a guy with great skills whose a moron. There's a website out there that lists Wonderlic scores. Find it, it proves brains over skills once and for all.

I'm a Bills fan but I won't let that deter me from saying what needs to be said, JP isn't the guy.

812702[/snapback]

What's really sad is that we could have had Stephen Neal as a free agent for a relatively modest price this last off season. Not only do you strenghen one of your weak areas, but you weaken the team you are trying to catch.

Do you think we do that. No, we go out and sign Tutan Reyes. HUH!!!! Go figure. I'd take Stephen Neal, a starter on multiple superbowls, who is pretty decent over this guy who his team (panthers) didn't even want back).

812702[/snapback]

Because of our oline our TE have to stay in and help block

I haven't said this for a couple of years, mainly because I got sick and tired of listening to myself state the stunningly, blatantly obvious; over and over and over again, like a nightmare version of The Macarena that plays on every radio station you turn to:

It all starts,

or stops,

with the offensive line.

Without a reasonable facsimile of an OL, your young, inexperienced QB doesn't have time to throw and either gets killed or makes bad decisons. Not that any of Buffalo's QB's since Kelly ever grasped the concept of "Throwing the Ball Away". At least Flutie could run around like an amped ferret. And back to the OL, if they can't open holes for the running game, the QB is forced to throw (see above) and the defense just licks their chops and has themselves a feast.

Now, while the QB and RB's are getting stuffed like Spongebob action figures coming off the Toys R Us Chinese assembly line, the offense goes 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out. The defense stays on the field longer than eternity and eventually runs out of gas like a Hum Vee with a 10 gallon tank in the middle of the Gobi Desert.

What you've got is a better disaster script than anything Spielberg could ever dream of.

Look at the OL Kelly had. Look at the offensive monster the Bills were then. Then look at the OL Kelly had.

everything,

Everything,

EVERYTHING,

starts,

or stops,

with the offensive line.

And until that gets fixed, we will be looking at exactly the same results, year after year after year.

I have spoken, pass the Tylenol.