Anyone speak French?

CosmicBills

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My most random post ever...

But, I am trying to decipher some French and all the online dictionaries/translaters give me different answers (none of which sound right). Anyone still up (and sober) who knows a little French?

811659[/snapback]

go for it.

been a long long long time since i dabbled in french

took a couple years of it in high school and a year in college. teachers/professors were totally amazed at how bad i sucked in conversational french but yet i could read and translate fluently

that said i'm probably too rusty to help you

I see everything?

I see all?

I've seen it all?

811677[/snapback]

It's weird. either I saw everything or I want everything.

Unless they spelled tous wrong and they want tu which is "you".

tgreg could be in al ot of trouble or could be close to getting laid :blink:

Hmm...okay. Thanks for the help, though now I'm more confused than ever. Must be the beers.

811679[/snapback]

J'ai is a contraction like won't in English. Je = I, ai = form of have...J'ai = I have

vu i'm pretty sure is a form of "to see". don't know if its past, present, or future tense

tous i think translates to all or everything

like i said, been a long time since i dabble en francais

It's weird.  either I saw everything or I want everything.

tgreg could be in al ot of trouble or could be close to getting laid  :blink:

811682[/snapback]

I was hoping for the later...maybe it was mispelled.

If it was it's "I see you"?

I don't know if that's hot...or creepy.

It's weird.  either I saw everything or I want everything.

tgreg could be in al ot of trouble or could be close to getting laid  :blink:

811682[/snapback]

well, you are better versed in french than i am. but i thought vu was a form of voir (to see), which would explain the difference between saw and want. Always struggled with tenses.

the tous could have been a type for tu, which means he could be translating the french for I see you?

well, you are better versed in french than i am.  but i thought vu was a form of voir (to see), which would explain the difference between saw and want.  Always struggled with tenses.

the tous could have been a type for tu, which means he could be translating the french for I see you?

811688[/snapback]

Well, I guess I'll find out shortly. I have a few more minutes to figure it out. Either I have a stalker or I'm going to have a good night.

"I see you seems" wrong...I'm going to be all cocky and confident and say she meant to say, "I want you".

But maybe that's because I don't want to end up with a rabbit head boiling on my stove. :blink:

well, you are better versed in french than i am.  but i thought vu was a form of voir (to see), which would explain the difference between saw and want.  Always struggled with tenses.

811688[/snapback]

Ya, exactly. I'll be honest my french writing and grammar is weak. I've been writing cover letters and it takes me long to write it compared to in english. I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one though. Whoever wrote that line was either lazy or not very good at writing in french.

Well, I guess I'll find out shortly. I have a few more minutes to figure it out. Either I have a stalker or I'm going to have a good night.

"I see you seems" wrong...I'm going to be all cocky and confident and say she meant to say, "I want you".

But maybe that's because I don't want to end up with a rabbit head boiling on my stove.  :blink:

811689[/snapback]

Lol Write back Va t'en saloppe de merde ;)

Nono don't write :lol:

Ya, exactly.  I'll be honest my french writing and grammar is weak.  I've been writing cover letters and it takes me long to write it compared to in english.  I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one though.  Whoever wrote that line was either lazy or not very good at writing in french.

811691[/snapback]

So...final answer Meazza...you think she meant what exactly? I think there was a typo (or two) in there.

So...final answer Meazza...you think she meant what exactly? I think there was a typo (or two) in there.

811693[/snapback]

Maybe I've seen you.

Or else I see you.

After careful consideration, I'd guess the first one.