To all of the brilliant minds out there

SoCal

People bash RW and say we will never win a SB as long as he is the owner are not thinking very clearly or are to young to remember. RW won a championship in the mid to late 60's. He was one win away from the first SB. The 70's sucked, those teams could not beat the Fins for nothing and the Fins were the toast of the NFL back then too. The 80' start off OK with JF and JC, but my the mid 80's they SUCKED. So in the late 80's and early 90's the team was one of the best in all of football. RW spent money like it was going out of style. The BB's had one of the highest payrolls around. Then in the late 90's and up until today the BB have been OK. Some years good and some years just bad.

RW is trying to make the best possible team he can. To start and blame the new coaching staff in their first year is silly. The QB is ok, the rb's are good, the WR's are good, the TE's are ok and the OL needs help. The Defense is good with very good DB's and Safeties, LB's are some of the best in the league and an average DL. The Special Teams are the best this team has ever had.

NEP lucked out with TB on draft day, because if they thought he was any good they would have drafted him earlier. Pit and BR did not let Big Ben throw the ball at all his 1st year and his second were not that much more impressive.

So relax and enjoy the game. Football is fun. Isn't it great when the Bills beat the Fins or the Cowgirls. Water cooler smack talk and all.

BUT IF YOU THINK YOU ARE SO GOOD AT FOOTBALL WHY DON'T YOU START OUT LIKE BILL POLAIN AS A SCOUT FOR THE TEAM AND WORK YOUR WAY TO THE TOP AND YOU CAN WIN THE SUPER BOWL EVERY YEAR. OR CAN YOU BLOCK, TACKLE, RUN, CATCH OR EVEN THROW, TRY OUT FOR A COLLEGE AND GET DRAFTED. OR IF YOU CAN COACH, COACH. IF NOT SHUT THE BLANK UP.

Thank you for your time

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never understood the "coaching salary cheapness" idea myself. Tens of millions of $ is paid every year to the players; what's an extra million for a top-notch coach? Doesn't take a financial expert to predict that $ can easily be made back and then some by winning. And besides, who else was available this year? It's not like the Daniel Snyder & Jerry Jones had this huge bidding war over Mike Sherman.

I never understood the "coaching salary cheapness" idea myself.  Tens of millions of $ is paid every year to the players; what's an extra million for a top-notch coach?  Doesn't take a financial expert to predict that $ can easily be made back and then some by winning.  And besides, who else was available this year?  It's not like the Daniel Snyder & Jerry Jones had this huge bidding war over Mike Sherman.

810798[/snapback]

Who says that more $$$ = a better coach???

Mike Sherman (IMO) isnt that great of a coach and I certainly dont think he is better than Jauron. He coached for Greenbay with one of the best QB's of the past 2 decades and top 10 EVER, with a good RB (ahman green) and great line. He was also playing the likes of the Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears (sucky just 2 years ago) twice a year.

Bill Parcells has a reputation for being a great coach ... he has been in Dallas for what? 4 years now. How many SB's has been to with them? 0 ...

John Fox ... not paid very much ... 1 SB birth, and like 5-6 playoff wins is it?

I didn't want Mike Sherman either - his ridiculous punt in the playoffs in Philly on the 40 yd line, when they had a chance to clinch the game with an inch when Ahman Green had 200 yards - was all I needed to know about him as a coach.

I'm sorry but Parcells is a great coach. Yes they're overhyped by the media at times and yes it's annoying - but he took over a team that was 5-11 three years running and had them in the playoffs year 1 with a QB/RB combo of Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick; they could very well win a tough division in year 4.

I didn't want Mike Sherman either - his ridiculous punt in the playoffs in Philly on the 40 yd line, when they had a chance to clinch the game with an inch when Ahman Green had 200 yards - was all I needed to know about him as a coach. 

I'm sorry but Parcells is a great coach.  Yes they're overhyped by the media at times and yes it's annoying -  but he took over a team that was 5-11 three years running and had them in the playoffs year 1 with a QB/RB combo of Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick; they could very well win a tough division in year 4.

810811[/snapback]

Mike Mularkey took a team that was 17-31 in the previous 3 years and made them 9-7. Go figure.

People bash RW and say we will never win a SB as long as he is the owner are not thinking very clearly or are to young to remember. RW won a championship in the mid to late 60's. He was one win away from the first SB. The 70's sucked, those teams could not beat the Fins for nothing and the Fins were the toast of the NFL back then too. The 80' start off OK with JF and JC, but my the mid 80's they SUCKED. So in the late 80's and early 90's the team was one of the best in all of football. RW spent money like it was going out of style. The BB's had one of the highest payrolls around. Then in the late 90's and up until today the BB have been OK. Some years good and some years just bad.

RW is trying to make the best possible team he can. To start and blame the new coaching staff in their first year is silly. The QB is ok, the rb's are good, the WR's are good, the TE's are ok and the OL needs help. The Defense is good with very good DB's and Safeties, LB's are some of the best in the league and an average DL. The Special Teams are the best this team has ever had.

NEP lucked out with TB on draft day, because if they thought he was any good they would have drafted him earlier. Pit and BR did not let Big Ben throw the ball at all his 1st year and his second were not that much more impressive.

So relax and enjoy the game. Football is fun. Isn't it great when the Bills beat the Fins or the Cowgirls. Water cooler smack talk and all.

BUT IF YOU THINK YOU ARE SO GOOD AT FOOTBALL WHY DON'T YOU START OUT LIKE BILL POLAIN AS A SCOUT FOR THE TEAM AND WORK YOUR WAY TO THE TOP AND YOU CAN WIN THE SUPER BOWL EVERY YEAR. OR CAN YOU BLOCK, TACKLE, RUN, CATCH OR EVEN THROW, TRY OUT FOR A COLLEGE AND GET DRAFTED. OR IF YOU CAN COACH,  COACH. IF NOT SHUT THE BLANK UP.

Thank you for your time

810678[/snapback]

Rationality is a swear word here.

BUT IF YOU THINK YOU ARE SO GOOD AT FOOTBALL WHY DON'T YOU START OUT LIKE BILL POLAIN AS A SCOUT FOR THE TEAM AND WORK YOUR WAY TO THE TOP AND YOU CAN WIN THE SUPER BOWL EVERY YEAR. OR CAN YOU BLOCK, TACKLE, RUN, CATCH OR EVEN THROW, TRY OUT FOR A COLLEGE AND GET DRAFTED. OR IF YOU CAN COACH,  COACH. IF NOT SHUT THE BLANK UP.

Thank you for your time

810678[/snapback]

If this is food for thought, i feel like a somalian, or an irishmen during the "Potatoe" Famine.

Mike Mularkey took a team that was 17-31 in the previous 3 years and made them 9-7. Go figure.

810816[/snapback]

and then he took that 9-7 team and did what?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Thank you for your time

810678[/snapback]

Settle down Beavis, or you'll soil your drawers.

So relax and enjoy the game. Football is fun.

810678[/snapback]

Great static analysis made in a vacuum.

Football is fun? Do you really enjoy watching the Bills?

Seriously, is that what you consider to be fun? I consider it to be a waste of time.

Any group that can't take a piss poor team and improve it at least in the ways that they said they would can be labeled failures. That's all there is to it.

The fact that we have rookie safeties shouldn't make any difference. What, we're the only team in the league to be starting rookies.

810816[/snapback]

It helps when you get to play the NFC West that year......4 straight wins agains Seattle, Arizona, St. Louis and 49ers...

Not that coaching is overrated, but with the changeover year to year in the league today I think overall player talent is most important, just my opinion. Unfortunately, we are a little short in that area right now. Playcalling doesn't matter as much when you can't block the play or fight off blocks from your opponent. Sure, good coaching can mask these deficiencies, but only for so long. I like our overall team speed right now, but we ain't strong or tuff enough at the core yet( the lines )( or balls if you will ).

and then he took that 9-7 team and did what?

Anyone?

Anyone?

810878[/snapback]

And then Parcells took that playoff team (which got crushed in the first game of the playoffs and squeeked into the playoffs when Minnesota lost their last game) and did what?

Anyone?

Anyone?

No playoffs in 2005,

No playoffs in 2004,

So right now he is 1-2, and possibly going 1-3 considering that they are in arguably the toughest conference in football.

John Fox on the other hand is 2-3, with one SB appearance under his belt.

Great static analysis made in a vacuum.

Football is fun?  Do you really enjoy watching the Bills? 

Seriously, is that what you consider to be fun?  I consider it to be a waste of time. 

Any group that can't take a piss poor team and improve it at least in the ways that they said they would can be labeled failures.  That's all there is to it. 

The fact that we have rookie safeties shouldn't make any difference.  What, we're the only team in the league to be starting rookies.

810910[/snapback]

Yes they are fun to watch or I would not watch. Like the Bears game. When it was 20-0 I stopped watching. Note to Krazycat: IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING STOP DOING IT. See it is simple. If you do not like to watch the bills turn on another game.

Yes they are fun to watch or I would not watch. Like the Bears game. When it was 20-0 I stopped watching. Note to Krazycat: IF YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING STOP DOING IT. See it is simple. If you do not like to watch the bills turn on another game.

811148[/snapback]

So your telling us to shut the blank up when you aren't even watching the entire game?!!!!

Dude, shut the blank up yourself. Maybe if you were watching the whole game you'd understand some of what is being posted here. What time did you turn off the Lions game? When are you going to turn off the Patriots game? First quarter? You lost all cred with your admission of turning off the game.