One Reason (Besides Sabres)

I believe that the players that the Bills have on their team are about as disconnected to this city as I can ever remember. Take a look at our "star" players and and the attitudes they hold.

Spikes WAS the one guy who I thought could bring this team together but who even knows if he will ever be the same player (mentally and physically). Losman has not even convinced me that he is starting QB in this league. McGahee (and enough with the top 5 in yards talk) represents the Bills as much as Rob Johnson did when he was here. The only guy that I see maximum effort from every week is Donte Whitner

Until there is a serious attitude adjustment with these guys (coach included) they will continue to swim with the rest of the garbage in the bottom 5 of the NFL.

Until that happens, I will be more than happy to put my $$ where you get every damn cent worth down at the HSBC. If the Bills were 0-6 but showed tremendous effort every week, I would not even be writing this right now. I have sat through many a crappy season as a season ticket holder and never felt so far from this team as I have the past year and a half.

I believe that the players that the Bills have on their team are about as disconnected to this city as I can ever remember. Take a look at our "star" players and and the attitudes they hold.

Spikes WAS the one guy who I thought could bring this team together but who even knows if he will ever be the same player (mentally and physically). Losman has not even convinced me that he is starting QB in this league. McGahee (and enough with the top 5 in yards talk) represents the Bills as much as Rob Johnson did when he was here. The only guy that I see maximum effort from every week is Donte Whitner

Until there is a serious attitude adjustment with these guys (coach included) they will continue to swim with the rest of the garbage in the bottom 5 of the NFL.

Until that happens, I will be more than happy to put my $$ where you get every damn cent worth down at the HSBC. If the Bills were 0-6 but showed tremendous effort every week, I would not even be writing this right now. I have sat through many a crappy season as a season ticket holder and never felt so far from this team as I have the past year and a half.

808799[/snapback]

I assume from your post that you know the players mentioned.

I assume from your post that you know the players mentioned.

808804[/snapback]

What does that have to do with anything? Of course you don't know the players personally. Are you going to sit there and tell me that any of these guys have personalities that MOST Bills fans want to embrace.

Step back for once in your life and take a real look at this team.

Of course you don't know the players personally. .

I never said I knew the players personally :P

808820[/snapback]

What I am saying is that you don't need to know the players personally to connect with them. That is why people buy certain jerseys. I know you were not inferring that you knew the players.

What I am saying is that you don't need to know the players personally to connect with them. That is why people buy certain jerseys. I know you were not inferring that you knew the players.

808822[/snapback]

Chill, I know what you were inferring. I was having fun dissecting your response.

Funny, our starting QB has improved by miles, has bought a house in DOWNTOWN Buffalo, not the 'burbs, our running back is working his ass off and taking a beating, and our young safeties are in on every play -- partly because they are being hung out to dry by most of the rest of the defense.

I don't agree with the picture you've painted. The reason this team lacks identity is due to its players in the trenches. I think the Tripplett signing has not panned out thus far, McCargo's out, and consequently they can't stop the run or burst inside with much authority, Kyle Williams' effort notwithstanding.

The O-line needs help, real help, in free agency. The best thing that could happen right now is to let Nate "oh, was that my man?" Clements go, get Youboty in there and learning this season to take over for him next, and address the lines in serious fashion next year -- both in FA and the draft.

As far as it representing Buffalo, this team has a lot of players working hard and that's all you can ask. What it can't do is really exceed the talent that it has, and the lack thereof on the lines is showing.

808799[/snapback]

I'm so sick of people trying to create a competition between the Sabres and Bills. I support both, if you are unable to, stop bothering us Bills fans. I hear you really get your money's worth on the Sabre chat boards. I bet you have a problem with a guy like Willis living in Florida for the off-season, but are fine with half the Sabres not even living in this country full time. You connect to winning, do not try to appear deeper than you really are.

I'm so sick of people trying to create a competition between the Sabres and Bills.  I support both, if you are unable to, stop bothering us Bills fans.  I hear you really get your money's worth on the Sabre chat boards.  I bet you have a problem with a guy like Willis living in Florida for the off-season, but are fine with half the Sabres not even living in this country full time.  You connect to winning, do not try to appear deeper than you really are.

809075[/snapback]

Yup, you got me...I'm trying to appear deep while talking Bills football. Get a clue

It's really much much simpler than that.

Bills win...we love them and they are part of the community.

Bills lose...buncha money hungry carpet baggers.

808806[/snapback]

After watching these guys for the numerous years, its gettin alittle old of the same frigging mistakes week in and out.

Yup, you got me...I'm trying to appear deep while talking Bills football. Get a clue

809147[/snapback]

Forgive me, I thought analyzing a players attitude and commitment to the city was getting a little deeper than "I only like winners". Perhaps if you knew anything about the players you speak so poorly of, you might be taken seriously.

I'm so sick of people trying to create a competition between the Sabres and Bills.  I support both, if you are unable to, stop bothering us Bills fans.  I hear you really get your money's worth on the Sabre chat boards.  I bet you have a problem with a guy like Willis living in Florida for the off-season, but are fine with half the Sabres not even living in this country full time.  You connect to winning, do not try to appear deeper than you really are.

809075[/snapback]

BINGO! :doh: