Wow, that P.O.S. Billick gave Fassel the axe today

ACor58

When does Ozzie Newsome realize that Billick is the problem. He has now had McNair, Boller, Grbac, Redmond, Wright, and Banks all fail in his system. If the team did not have the defense that it has for all of these years, he would have been run a long time ago.

My guess is that Billick is on the hot seat and he knew that it would be easy to replace him with Fassel is he was already on staff. Might as well scapegoat him instead.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...ssel/index.html

When does Ozzie Newsome realize that Billick is the problem. He has now had McNair, Boller, Grbac, Redmond, Wright, and Banks all fail in his system. If the team did not have the defense that it has for all of these years, he would have been run a long time ago.

My guess is that Billick is on the hot seat and he knew that it would be easy to replace him with Fassel is he was already on staff. Might as well scapegoat him instead.

807741[/snapback]

It is kinda odd to see a thing like that with a 4 and 2 team...

It is kinda odd to see a thing like that with a 4 and 2 team...

807757[/snapback]

I think that Billick is looking over his shoulder and he sees an axe. Once again, he has a dominant defense and a terrible offense. He has a pro bowl QB (McNair), WR (Mason), RB (Lewis), TE (Heap) and another first round pick at WR (Clayton) and another 1,000 yd rusher in Anderson, yet his offense continues to suck.

The Ravens would be undefeated if their offense were even average, but if they do not win the Super Bowl it is his fault.

I think it is funny that the one guy that actually took the team to the Super Bowl Trent Dilfer, got thrown out to the curb.

807741[/snapback]

I think Billick is a jerk too, but my guess is that his hand was forced on this one...him & Fassel are/were supposedly good friends.

I think that Billick is looking over his shoulder and he sees an axe. Once again, he has a dominant defense and a terrible offense. He has a pro bowl QB (McNair), WR (Mason), RB (Lewis), TE (Heap) and another first round pick at WR (Clayton) and another 1,000 yd rusher in Anderson, yet his offense continues to suck.

The Ravens would be undefeated if their offense were even average, but if they do not win the Super Bowl it is his fault.

I think it is funny that the one guy that actually took the team to the Super Bowl Trent Dilfer, got thrown out to the curb.

807768[/snapback]

The Ravens offense has the same problem as ours....Their OL stinks.....Other than Ogden who is getting old, they don't have a decent OL....They have spent their money in keeping their defense intact by paying for guys like Lewis, Reed etc..Unfortunately they haven't addressed their OL and they are paying for it....

If you go back to super bowl history, the teams that have won or been in the superbowls all had DOMINATING OLs.....

Look at Miami this year....They were supposed to be in the superbowl with all the additions they made.....But their OL was stuck in neutral....They picked up Shelton and Big Bennie who were castaways from 5-11 teams....How could that have been an upgrade.......

Until we fix our OL and the OL scheme (which includes McNally, I am sorry he deservs as much blame for this mess) we are not going anywhere...

Until we fix our OL and the OL scheme (which includes McNally, I am sorry he deservs as much blame for this mess)  we are not going anywhere...

807958[/snapback]

McNally is starting to remind me of Wyche - both were supposedly big signings for the Bills that were indications we were going to address key weaknesses, but both seem to have made little impact and disappeared.

807741[/snapback]

McNair, Boller, Grbac, Redmond, Wright, and Banks

yeah, its amazing his offense has struggled with that bunch

McNair, Boller, Grbac, Redmond, Wright, and Banks

yeah, its amazing his offense has struggled with that bunch

808011[/snapback]

McNair and Grbac were sucessful for their previous teams. What I was getting at was that maybe instead of 7 QBs being the problem (I forgot about Dilfer) maybe Billick is the problem.